Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Robinson Racing Gen 3 slipper for 1/10 Yeti works.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2016, 07:48 PM   #61

Default Re: Robinson Racing Gen 3 slipper for 1/10 Yeti works.

I put this in yesterday and within a minute it was so hot it was smoking, I guess I'll put it back in and try again but man it had to be well over 200* after a minute of running. It would barely movie with the nut full tight. I'll give it another shot and see what happens.
02RedWS6TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2016, 09:07 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Ya it gets super hot because its slipping so much. As it slips, it breaks in and you keep tightening the nut. Just keep doing that and it will work.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:07 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

IT WORKS. I have been running it for months and love it. YES it has to seat in or take a set. Keep the nut tight and hang in there and it will come around I promise.
pro mod steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:08 PM   #64
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Ya it gets super hot because its slipping so much. As it slips, it breaks in and you keep tightening the nut. Just keep doing that and it will work.
I glad this got brought back up... I think this is the next mod for my XL & XLX
Reading back through ist's ALL about the setup and honing mod...I didn't realize the shaft support because I was reading the thread before I cracked open the beast...
Thanks Yota
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02RedWS6TA View Post
I put this in yesterday and within a minute it was so hot it was smoking, I guess I'll put it back in and try again but man it had to be well over 200* after a minute of running. It would barely movie with the nut full tight. I'll give it another shot and see what happens.
Forgot to add, you need to bore out the plastic for the aluminum spacer to fit right up to the bearing or it will barely move. Another reason it got so HOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
I glad this got brought back up... I think this is the next mod for my XL & XLX
Reading back through ist's ALL about the setup and honing mod...I didn't realize the shaft support because I was reading the thread before I cracked open the beast...
Thanks Yota
Yup.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:50 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

After blowing the bearing on my RR slipper I put in my bomber. It never really worked for me because the same reason 02RedWS6TA stated. The stock isn't that bad. The Bomber came with a plastic spur so the RR is a considerable upgrade.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 02:52 AM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Going to add this addition to my list.

Instead of a bearing blowing out, or plastic melting- has any tried making a piece of brass? Wonder if that might be a cheap in between fix.
Mudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:14 AM   #68

Just fyi to everyone I contacted Robinson racing asking about this. Sounds like they will have a yeti xl version to the market in the next couple weeks. They advised me to return this and wait for the xl version.
02RedWS6TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:44 AM   #69
RCC Addict

Quote:
Just fyi to everyone I contacted Robinson racing asking about this. Sounds like they will have a yeti xl version to the market in the next couple weeks. They advised me to return this and wait for the xl version.
Awesome update !!!! I've been impressed by there 11 tooth extra hardened pinion and my 20 tooth
thanks I was thinking of a solution because it needed a serious revamp..
Old 03-10-2016, 04:17 AM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I just talked to them few days ago too. You realize there only changing the aluminum spacer? The one you have works because plenty of us have it. Read and setup it up right and you wont have any problems.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:41 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

What's the trick to get it set up right? I read the directions and still blew the bearing.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:17 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

I had some trouble with the stock bearing. Bought #smr137c-2ys nb2 from BOCCA bearing months ago and all is still good. As far as set up keep the nut TIGHT. As the slipper takes a set you will keep tightening the nut. It slips like crazy, you can smell the heat, you start to think it is junk, then all of a sudden BAM it is AWESOME. I think it took me 3 or 4 sets of 6S to get there. I still run it FULL tight on 6S with no problems.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:21 PM   #73
Rock Crawler

Here it is

7x13x4,SMR137C-2YS NB2,Metric, Radial Bearings
Old 03-10-2016, 07:04 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
What's the trick to get it set up right? I read the directions and still blew the bearing.
Wonder if you blew the bearing because it got so hot? Did you bore out the tranny for the aluminum spacer to fit without rubbing on the plastic causing it not to roll? Not sure if people are over looking this part but its the most important step. And as steve said, keep the nut tight and your good to go. Mine is still going strong with stock bearing it came with.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:34 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Quote:
Wonder if you blew the bearing because it got so hot? Did you bore out the tranny for the aluminum spacer to fit without rubbing on the plastic causing it not to roll? Not sure if people are over looking this part but its the most important step. And as steve said, keep the nut tight and your good to go. Mine is still going strong with stock bearing it came with.
break out the camera for a vid for RRC... I'm sure you could through in a couple extra tips too!!!

84YOTA yep your right its been a wile sense I looked at the 1 page.. A picture is worth a thousand words...

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 03-10-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:23 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
break out the camera for a vid for RRC... I'm sure you could through in a couple extra tips too!!!

I would but not needed, Fordfreak95 has pictures of what I'm talking about.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:33 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Quote:
That was my fail. The rr is in the rr10. Maybe I'll pick up another for the YXL. Right now I have more fun with the RR10. I don't need huge tracks of land and less insane feeling while driving is a nice change.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:26 PM   #78
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I would but not needed, Fordfreak95 has pictures of what I'm talking about.
I missed the whole drill the transmission case when I originally scanned thru the thread, and even after going back and looking at the pics I do not see a clear pic of the trans being drilled, just pics of everything assembled, all tho I have not ran my YXL kit yet I did assemble the R.R slipper on too the tranny, and if this had not been brought back up I am sure I would have ran it with out drilling the trans case.

I understand what needs to be done now, here is some more pics to help clear it up.

jump_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 06:00 AM   #79
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump_it View Post
I missed the whole drill the transmission case when I originally scanned thru the thread, and even after going back and looking at the pics I do not see a clear pic of the trans being drilled, just pics of everything assembled, all tho I have not ran my YXL kit yet I did assemble the R.R slipper on too the tranny, and if this had not been brought back up I am sure I would have ran it with out drilling the trans case.

I understand what needs to be done now, here is some more pics to help clear it up.

That looks like a great setup! The chrome looks really realistic !!! Thanks for the pictures!

jumpit what did you think of the basher bar ?
Old 03-11-2016, 06:38 AM   #80
Rock Crawler

It doesn't take much I just used a body reamer as FORDFREAK mentioned in his thread.

Robinson Racing Gen 3 slipper for 1/10 Yeti works. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Robinson Gen 3 slipper sixhundred71 Axial Wraith 17 07-31-2015 01:08 AM
Robinson Racing Gen3 Slipper ednerin Axial Yeti XL 1 01-23-2015 08:08 PM
Robinson Racing slipper unit JDIRCC Axial Wraith 6 10-30-2014 05:52 PM
question for you all on the Robinson racing slipper? champ198 Axial Wraith 8 07-04-2013 06:09 AM
robinson racing slipper 48p kmas Axial Wraith 3 05-11-2012 10:08 PM