Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: What have you broken so far

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #1

Default What have you broken so far

I've had my XL for one day and already broke the ear off the bottom of the front shock to we that the upper link attaches to, the passenger side steering bell crank and the part of the cage where the rear body hinge is.

So what's the most common break so far?
TUNE_UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2014, 05:27 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: What have you broken so far

I've got a broken wheel and a shock shaft from about a week of bashing around. Jumps for the first 3 days before the wheel broke and then I've just been crawling/rough terrain driving the rest until the shock shaft just broke.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:38 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Esc went tits and a a-arm. Radio didn't work right out of the box. I'm a bit disappointed with axial on this one. Oh well! It's all part of the hobby.
axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:13 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUNE_UP View Post
I've had my XL for one day and already broke the ear off the bottom of the front shock to we that the upper link attaches to, the passenger side steering bell crank and the part of the cage where the rear body hinge is.

So what's the most common break so far?
Hit a parked car wide open on 5s. Yep it broke.
After fixing the front arm and shock I repeatedly ran it through a puddle deep enough to go over the window sill, first day it took out the RX. The next day I lost my steering servo.
And this last week I visited the local BMX track in which none, NONE of my trucks have survived. After repeated 20ft cart wheels, clearing 15ft of air and another mud puddle it stripped the front diff.
I'm disappointed that this Axial rig couldn't hold up. Well than again nothing else has either.
Savage flux 6s, rc8te on 4s, Hpi truggy flux 4s, 3 slashes 2s, Hpi super5, and the great Losi 5ive.

LoL, I completely forgot about these other rigs: Hpi Apache C1, Revo 3.3, Revo brushless, XTM Rail.

Last edited by RustenPaines; 12-24-2014 at 11:41 PM.
RustenPaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 12:19 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustenPaines View Post
Hit a parked car wide open on 5s. Yep it broke.
After fixing the front arm and shock I repeatedly ran it through a puddle deep enough to go over the window sill, first day it took out the RX. The next day I lost my steering servo.
And this last week I visited the local BMX track in which none, NONE of my trucks have survived. After repeated 20ft cart wheels, clearing 15ft of air and another mud puddle it stripped the front diff.
I'm disappointed that this Axial rig couldn't hold up. Well than again nothing else has either.
Savage flux 6s, rc8te on 4s, Hpi truggy flux 4s, 3 slashes 2s, Hpi super5, and the great Losi 5ive.

LoL, I completely forgot about these other rigs: Hpi Apache C1, Revo 3.3, Revo brushless, XTM Rail.
I honestly don't know of any cars that can survive a real skate park bashing, upgraded or not. Concrete, RCs, and the ridiculous power:weight ratio of brushless simply make physics a whole lot worse in this case.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:04 AM   #6
RCC Addict

So far I've broken a shock shaft, bell crank and a-arm, I'll take the blame for 1 1/2 of those breaks. The bell crank I'm still clueless about.
SteveC6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 09:37 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

i broke :
1 Wheel, due to repeated bad landings.
1 steering servo, due to water bash. servo has no seals. axial says its waterpoof...
1 steering bellcrank, due to bad landings.
1 Wheel hex, due to overtigthening. i am used to loosing wheels on a savage flux so i tight them a lot...
ImpalaPolicePack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 10:13 AM   #8

I ordered a carbon fiber shock tower so I'll see how that holds up. Also have several bell cranks on the way. Non of my LHS's had any parts I broke. Cant wait for some upgrades and I cant wait to drive this thing somewhere other than in front of my house. The skate park is a favorite of mine as well.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #9

Just a steering bellcrank so far.
Scx10usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 12:45 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I've been impressed with the Hot Racing bellcranks I installed on my little Yeti so I'm hoping they release a setup for the XL.
SteveC6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 02:36 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

One wheel snapped ...Bent both front drive shafts... Didn't see a raised manhole cover in a field and nailed it full throttle on 6s really not that bad damage
Fordfreak95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
I honestly don't know of any cars that can survive a real skate park bashing, upgraded or not. Concrete, RCs, and the ridiculous power:weight ratio of brushless simply make physics a whole lot worse in this case.
It was a BMX track( those are dirt and now mud) but yes a skate park is very bad. My coment was a bit sarcastically as Tune Up broke his truck from what seems like a impact of some sort that he seems to be blaming you he manufacturer for.
Old 12-25-2014, 05:49 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustenPaines View Post
It was a BMX track( those are dirt and now mud) but yes a skate park is very bad. My coment was a bit sarcastically as Tune Up broke his truck from what seems like a impact of some sort that he seems to be blaming you he manufacturer for.
Ah I see, I get mixed up sometimes. Aside from the wheel break, I've had a lot of hard impacts from the first 3 days of jumping I did on mine, and the one big hit I got on my video shows the whole A-arm just kind of folding up, but still nothing managed to break just because of how much the plastic flexes. So far, durability isn't an issue for me at all.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:52 PM   #14

Im pretty sure mine broke from repeated 40mph cart wheels down my street. Not upset just waiting for parts. I did buy mine used and I know the PO was running 6s so it may have been damaged to begin with. When I get it fixed im gonna try to stick to dirt to avoid too much more damage. This is my first Axial and for the 30 minutes I've driven it I had nothing but smiles and laughs.
Old 12-25-2014, 11:23 PM   #15

front a arm,rear link and siezed rear pinion bearing
kcljr2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:25 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

4 sets of 6s ran mostly bashing and speed runs 44mph so far. I've had a tire come off and run away and even after several end over end flips I've only lost 1 of the bottom screws on the hinge part of the rear of the cage. I'm amazed it's holding up so well, just saying this I've now ensured tomorrow I will break something lol
keebler1510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:51 AM   #17

On my Scx10 deadbolt my servo is about to go out, I think I've blown my esc, and I have gone through several brushed motors.
On my traxxas stampede I have blown several Titan 12t motors and I have gone through several nimh batteries.
I have also blown lots of motors, broke propellers, and cracked a couple of bodies on my Quadcopters.
I guess I'm pretty tough on my motors lol
Shilow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:22 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

I've broken an A arm, bell crank, shock shaft, couple servos, and I'm pretty sure my front diff is failing. it clicks under hard braking, although it seems OK otherwise. Most of them were completely my fault. You know, Running into immovable objects moving very quickly...
coryshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:47 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

2 left a arms. Front diff spider gears. Front diff pinion and bevel gears. Front bulkhead. Servo horn.
relay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:12 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

This thread of read, what you've broke so far and why? Some of the reasons are pretty hilarious.

What have you broken so far - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Broken =( pajey Redcat Crawlers 8 08-09-2012 07:40 PM
What's broken ?? CJ318 Newbie General 3 07-19-2010 04:03 AM
So... anyone broken one of these yet? TwistedXT General Crawlers 8 02-14-2006 10:52 AM
Broken hpiguy Tamiya TLT Crawlers 4 01-05-2006 10:26 AM