Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Power for Receiver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2015, 11:37 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Power for Receiver

Ok, I have to ask a dumb question. The Yeti XL will be my first kit. I'm still assembling a parts list and I came across something that stumped me. I plan to run 4S, but want my electronics to support 6S. I will have an external BEC for my servo. I will be using a Mamba Monster 2 for my ESC, and an Airtronics MT-4 for radio. The radio comes with an RX-671 receiver. The receiver has a 7.4V (2S) input voltage limit.

So my question: is that what I use the BEC on the Mamba Max for, supply voltage for the receiver? I just set it to 7.4V or less for the receiver, and the motor will still get 4S or 6S?

Thanks,
Dummy
karajabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2015, 12:19 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Power for Receiver

The external BEC will only affect voltage to servo, and auxiliary ports in the receiver. If you plan on running led lights off of your receiver auxiliary ports just make certain the led's ou use are rated for 7.4v or more.
adjusting BEC voltage has no affect on the ESC output to the motor.
If you use 4s, then you motor will get 4s power to the motor. If you use 6s, then you motor will get 6s power to the motor.
BobTeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:39 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Ok. That's what I thought but just to be clear I don't plan to wire the external BEC so it powers the receiver at all, so I was assuming the receiver (and hence the aux port) would be powered by the MM2 internal BEC.

...therefore I just need to configure the internal BEC to say 7V or less

Correct?
karajabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:30 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Yes..Thats the nice part of running a ESC with an adjustable internal BEC voltage. You can use a Castle 10amp external BEC to power the power hungry servo at what ever voltage it needs and then use the castle link to adjust the internal BEC to a safer voltage for the receiver and other gadgets you have hooked up.
Fordfreak95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Power for Receiver - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi Lipo Works On Flight Power/Thunder Power Balance plate?? fa1rch1ld Electronics 0 01-18-2010 11:46 PM
No power to the receiver? Crawler80 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 1 01-08-2010 05:32 PM
Receiver Question Battery power mikegigabyte Electronics 1 12-17-2009 09:14 PM
Spektrum Receiver Power System Requirements Rckcrwlr Electronics 1 07-30-2007 12:31 PM