Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: kit tires - what glue to use?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2015, 01:25 PM   #1

Default kit tires - what glue to use?

I know this may sound foolish, but I've tried two types of things CA followed by medium CA and I keep blowing the tire off the rim within a few minutes. I've reglued each tire several times now, I've installed the glue deep into the seam for max grip but it just doesn't want to stick...wth.

Any advise would be appreciated as the truck is running great other than the tire failures. Maybe I need to buy a new set and start over with the correct CA? (Not sure what that would be at this point)
fidelity101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2015, 01:32 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: kit tires - what glue to use?

The YXL is the first time i glued tire in a lot of years. Cleaned the tires and used this Muchmore Racing Instant Rubber Tire CA Glue (20g) [MMRCHCAR] | Maintenance - AMain.com - AMain.com I only have 1 or 2 spots coming off the lip of the rim that are mm in size that are showing up. Most likely due to my glue job. Unless you can start over you are going to have to band aid it with better glue.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:08 PM   #3

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...354997&alt=web

Thanks. I didn't realize that special glue was needed so I'm going to run what I have until they fail again and then spent the time with debonder and cleaning alcohol so I can start over with this new glue.

Good lesson learned that regular thin and medium CA doesn't work very well with tires.
fidelity101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:11 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

aka i use
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:30 PM   #5
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelity101 View Post
Good lesson learned that regular thin and medium CA doesn't work very well with tires.
I've used thin and medium and thick over many years and found they all work fine. Pretty sure a very lot of people have. And there's no need to pay for brand names, it's all the same cheap CA glue you get everywhere with a different name on it. There's only a few chemicals that make up a CA glue. Cyanoacrylate is cyanoacrylate. Drying agents make up the majority of the differences.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:08 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Dont bother gluing them - you'll be at it all day and you wont be happy with the results - get some beadlocks. Now I wish there were some available.....
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:24 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Those tires were a tad difficult, but I found the yellow tips Proline gives you really helped getting the glue were I wanted it. Plus I could add glue under the bead in large sections, about a 1/4 to 1/3 of the tire at a time. After they dried, anywhere I missed, I could easily add glue without any mess.

MaxxPain is offline   Reply With Quote

kit tires - what glue to use? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do you guys use to glue tires other than CA glue? country_crawler Tires and Wheels 38 03-17-2015 11:10 PM
To glue or not to glue...rear tires Snipervision Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 3 12-24-2010 11:01 AM
Re-glue Tires fiveo Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 5 04-27-2010 06:05 AM
CA Glue for tires Savrunner Newbie General 7 02-01-2007 10:38 AM