Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Problems w/ Hot Racing 17mm hub adapter set

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2015, 11:18 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Problems w/ Hot Racing 17mm hub adapter set

I've been running the Hot Racing, 17mm Hub 3.8 Raceline Hub W Serrated Nuts set. Recently, my wheels have decided not to stay on my XL. I'll be running and one of my wheels will say, "f>€k you I'm out!", and go rolling past me. When inspected, the whole assembly is still attached to the wheel. Basically the hub will somehow back off my pin and spin off. Just wondering if anyone with this hub set from hot racing has had this issue. Pics attached.

Imgur
Trifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2015, 08:41 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Problems w/ Hot Racing 17mm hub adapter set

If it's like the HR Savage XL 17mm kit then you have to loctite the retainer that screws onto the axle. Put loctite on the threads then assemble it all and sock that retainer down good. Let it cure over night before you use it too.
Fordfreak95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 01:02 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I maybe wrong but looking at the picture are you sure they are installed correctly? With the hr upgrade I thought the ring on the inside the rim was supposed to be flipped over compared to how yours is showed? Where the red rings slots would line up with the reinforcement structures of the rims.
keebler1510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:43 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by keebler1510 View Post
I maybe wrong but looking at the picture are you sure they are installed correctly? With the hr upgrade I thought the ring on the inside the rim was supposed to be flipped over compared to how yours is showed? Where the red rings slots would line up with the reinforcement structures of the rims.
You are correct. The red rings are on backwards b/c I'm not running the stock wheels. The slots don't line up so I just flipped them around. I didn't use loctite on them, pretty dumb on my part. I guess I thought they would hold better than they do. Thanks guys.
Trifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:59 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Yeah I missed that in you pic. Don't use the rings either. Those are just for the stock wheels.
Fordfreak95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:33 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I noticed if I but both inner retainer rings together (Slot face to slot face ) and turn them so the slots are perfectly (Misaligned) it marks out where extra slots would be needed to use them on my 40 series wheels. But unfortunately they are already stripped out .... BHB Hub conversion now... But the XL that I bought from Capwn had the original wheels with the HR hubs... They still look perfect..
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote

Problems w/ Hot Racing 17mm hub adapter set - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Racing axle widener hub extension 2Crawl Axial Wraith 0 10-31-2013 06:08 PM
Help!!!Hot-Racing Bta set up allenvince Axial AX-10 Scorpion 9 03-19-2013 05:25 PM
Hot racing 12mm to 17mm adapter/widener ecoli Tamiya Clod Buster 6 03-08-2009 02:44 PM