Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Hot racing front sway bar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2015, 05:46 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Hot racing front sway bar

Is there anyone running the hot racing front sway bar? Does it help with roll overs from the front diving when turning? Also I read that it pops out of the front different cover is this true?
gregm412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2015, 06:44 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Hot racing front sway bar

From what I've read, all the front sway bars will pull loose form the bulkhead. No matter which one.
Silverblazer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:22 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

With the dhawk aluminum front diff case the hot racing front swaybar mount will not pull off the bulkhead. I've put 4 or 5 packs through it through some rough mountains terrain and it is staying put. I've not noticed a significant difference in it reducing rollovers, however. I'm going to try the stiffer swaybar out to see if it helps any.
relay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:00 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

That's good news. I was looking for that information. Have the Dhawk bulk head but wasn't sure if I should get the HR sway bar.
mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:57 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I've used HR sway bars for about a month and for my driving style they were no help at all, if anything, they restricted some of the sharp cornering that I was able to do when I didn't have them on. I bought them thinking that it will help the vehicle achieve more stability on cornering, but there is also the fact that the YXL has a high center of gravity, it has its limits and some vehicles even with the addition of a sway bar won't help.

But like I said in the beginning, it could be my driving style. When I got my YXL the first thing I did was push it to its limits and at the same time develop a driving style that will pair nicely with the it. Two things I have been reminded of and that is one of the beauty of this hobby, Laws of Physics and Motion, and to think back in high school, I use to sleep through science class. Once I realize that I have since taken them off. I don't know what or how your driving style is, it could work for you, but the surest way, is to go out and try them yourself. Fortunately as hard as I push the YXL on cornering I haven't broken the plastic tabs on the bulkhead yet that and the fact that when I was testing the sway bars I didn't do jumps or ran into any immovable object.
tonyfalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:46 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Update on my experience with the hot racing sway bar. When set to level using the set screws helps alot with the front end diving into a corner and rolling over.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:43 PM   #7

Does anyone have photos of the HR front bar installed that they could share? I cannot figure out how or where the brackets are supposed to get bolted on. Is it possible the HR bar is not designed to be installed on stock YXL front end parts? Thanks!
Kmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:14 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Sent from a galaxy far far away
Old 09-16-2015, 12:11 PM   #9

gregm412, THANK YOU!
Old 09-17-2015, 10:49 AM   #10

The reason I was having so much trouble was because I had assembled the uprights to the inside. And, I could not "see the forest for the trees" and never thought to turn them around until I saw your photo. All the time I was thinking, "how do I fit these uprights into the bumper joint? Do I trim the bushings?" Doh! lol...

Old 09-19-2015, 12:42 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Sweet u tube video you made. I liked it

Old 09-23-2015, 10:38 AM   #12

Thanks gregm412!

Well I ran my YXL hard last Sunday and had a minor problem with one end of the sway bar. One of the balls kept popping out of the link. Not sure how to cure that...
Old 09-23-2015, 10:48 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Mine does that time to time. I just made sure the angle was perfect on the ball end and where it snaps in. You might need to turn it some so it's even. Also make sure your bar is centered perfect.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:15 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

I put the stiffest bar in and don't like it at all. I felt like the truck was rolling over much more. Maybe it was because it's been on the bench for a week and a half I have been 1/18 SCTs. I'm putting in the medium bar and going to give it few packs before I settle on the best setup. Probably should lighten up the oil in the front shocks.

What's the best way to make the red black? Should I use a special kind of paint or primer?
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 02:10 PM   #15
RCC Addict

If you mix all the colors, you'll get black......
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:00 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsawacs View Post
If you mix all the colors, you'll get black......
Or I could just use black to get black. I'm more concerned about the black peeling/scratching off the aluminum.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:22 PM   #17
SMW
Rock Stacker

How about the HR sway bars installed on the 1/8 yeti not the XL. Any pics would be appreciated . Really wish a simple installation diagram would have been included. Sent HR an email and never got a reply . Please help !
SMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm412 View Post
Mine does that time to time. I just made sure the angle was perfect on the ball end and where it snaps in. You might need to turn it some so it's even. Also make sure your bar is centered perfect.

Thanks for the tips, I will check it out. Haven't run in a few weeks cuz I have been away.

Hot racing front sway bar - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Racing Rear Sway Bar Installed Money Pit Axial Yeti XL 3 03-22-2015 12:27 AM
Front sway bar simpscx10 Axial Yeti 1 12-29-2014 08:04 PM
Hot bodys sway bar kit, does it work?? The Doc Axial Wraith 3 11-05-2012 02:17 PM