Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Must watch video hd gear mod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2016, 08:18 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Must watch video hd gear mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump_it View Post
BHBasher thanks for sharing, gives us some clarity on what exactly to do, thumbs up, I left a couple vid links on your snow bash vid suggesting you to purchase the sony as 200v I just purchased it this week, for $200 I had the sony as100v with the vids I linked and the 200 is even better what makes them good is the built in image stabalization and some other features, I have owned all the gopros and still do, but the sony is the most versatile, image quality on the 200v is compared up against the gopro H4 but the sony is half the price and comes with gps tracking, and speedometer when using sonys editor, its a kick @ss cam for the price, plus the sony has excellent low light sensors

Here is the sony as100v onboard my YXL following my summit... gopros cant handle looking into the sun very well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_4pWCwvi80
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCIbSZ-_I7I
update... wifey just ordered the fat sharks .... damn she's AWESOME AND SEXY

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 07-08-2016 at 11:05 AM.
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2016, 08:51 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
Kinda rolls off the tongue. What did you do? I did the GEAR MAN mod.
Well after you put it that way .... Sounds fn just right to me I was being modest Thanks Steve~O
Old 02-27-2016, 11:02 AM   #23
RCC Addict

So guys It's been a week and not a word from Scott (Axial) or Harley...I've sent emails and called Scott and left a message...He seemed like a great guy so I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt. It really doesn't have much to do with Harley at this point I just it would give him a solution for his customers "like me"..And maybe reach out to the RC community.... I also begged him to come up with a transmission case that corrects the gear geometry in the transmission... I've got a buddy with a CNC shop that I'm gonna go talk to... maybe someday soon you'll be buying a BHB Tranny Made in BH Maine, U.S.A MaDe FoR BaShErS bY BaShErS let me know what ya think...

BHB pinion mod has been holding up perfectly!!!! I've been crawling with the BHB high clearance mod and I must say UN~ FN~ BELIVEABLE !!! crazy clearance that death defying gravity and eats up anything in front of it!!! I might have to be known as the BarHarbor Crawler.... But those were my younger days lol....we called it the BarHarborCrawl lol....drunkienness!! barcrawl...

The more I use my HC mod the more it lights a fire under my ass for my Yeti XLX build !!!! Its gonna be the Shit guys !!! taking orders after testing !!
Old 03-10-2016, 03:39 AM   #24
RCC Addict

50 RUNS 35-40 6S BHB PINION MOD IS A MUST !!!! LOOK FOR YOUR SELVES !!! MY GEARS LOOK BRAND NEW STILL AND I'VE BASHED THE SHIT OUT OF THEM!!! 6S 2WD 20TOOTH PINION LOCKED UP SMOKN DONUTS...BROKE EVERYTHING BUT THE GEARS!!!!

50 RUNS VANQUISH HD BEVELED GEAR PINION MOD (BUT A MUST FOR STOCK AXIAL AXLE ALSO)

!https://youtu.be/rBUbqu81PeU

40+ RUNS DHAWK HD BEVELED GEAR PINION MOD (BUT A MUST FOR STOCK BULKHEAD ALSO)

https://youtu.be/St4tw_9VUec

SORRY IF I PISS SOMEONE OFF BUT THIS IS A MUST !!!!

I DONT WANT YOU GUYS TO GO THROUGH WHAT I EXPERIENCED SO I'M TRYING TO SAVE YA THE EXPENSE !!

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 03-10-2016 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-12-2016, 05:09 PM   #25

Just finished my second run tonight on these new HD gears in new plastic front and rear diff cases. Not even a click! i've never made it more than 1 run without nasty noises coming from either the front or rear diffs. All new diffs and 500k front and rear make this truck a dream to drive now!

As for modding the pinion, i only had to do the front. The rear was perfection with the stock axle. The front, not so much... lots of dremeling and test fitting, but i finally got it perfect.

Thanks again for the how-to! BTW Your up in bar harbor maine right? went up there a couple of years ago with the wife and brought the ol scx10 up with. Cadillac Mt. was a blast to mess around on. Might plan another trip up there this fall.
JBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:22 PM   #26
RCC Addict

YA MAN WHDA ( DIFF)ERANCE !!! LOL Seriously tho!! I wish everyone that did the mod would reply on the behalf of US !! So we could get this shit straightened out because the XL IS A MIGHTY BEAST and I DO LIKE AXIAL STILL.... I think I've drove them fn nuts in the last 2 months but I paid a pile of cash for this bitch and I wanna break it because got fn nuts not because I farted around in my 100 X 100 front yard ...And the addiction after the first 6s launch ... (ALMOST) priceless...more like another 1200$...

I just wanted to HELP RRC MEMBERS FROM BREAKING THEIR SHIT LIKE I DID (OVER AND OVER) .........SO HELP AND SPREAD THE WORD GUYS

But after the mod Seriously Bulletproof!!! I don't EVER expect detonation !!!

Glad I could help!!

We defiantly should get together and bash !!! DownEast is fn amazing!! Ive got a RZR4 and I could tare you guys for the trip of your lives!!!! Of course bring the rigs tho... Tuesday I getting my PRO BUILT Storm (BUSTER) FPV4s !! Godda try that one out on the carriage Trails!!! FN mindblower!! And the FPV in the XL ... F !!!!
Old 03-12-2016, 07:36 PM   #27
RCC Addict

eBay

New message from: dhawk-racing (1,969Red Star)

Hi BHB,

Thanks for purchasing our items and sharing with us how you came up and created the fix. We do appreciate and are really impressive with your profession and enthusiasm. This drives us continue improving our design and quality.

FYI, we are in the process of updating the bulkhead design so as to allow it to be compatible with the original stock gear as well as the HD bevel gear to make everyone’s life easier. It will soon be ready and we will definitely keep you guys updated.

Have fun and stay tuned!

Jimmy/dhawk

massage from Dhawk reguarding the yeti XLX

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 03-13-2016 at 05:39 AM.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:39 PM   #28
RCC Addict

do they know what the issue is ? cause that's gonna be quite a feat to beable run both pinions at two different depths !!!!
Old 03-13-2016, 12:29 AM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
do they know what the issue is ? cause that's gonna be quite a feat to beable run both pinions at two different depths !!!!
Ha they're watching your videos, and following your threads, everything you do they're going to 1up it DHawk high clearance mod...
jump_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:29 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump_it View Post
Ha they're watching your videos, and following your threads, everything you do they're going to 1up it DHawk high clearance mod...
lol GOOD maybe then their would be some new shit on the market for this thing !!!

oo by the way did you watch the vid over the basher bar system.... Crazy
side note....A buddy stopped bye the other day wile I was wrenching
and wanted to see the yeti stretch her legs out with the 20 tooth.. needless to say but after I let him try a 6s run my XL probably cartwheeled 50 times.....

The short vid {Yeti test run} I only have 2 screws through the clip and 2 in the tub.... that's IT !!

long story short.... I forgot to install the 4 other screws for the front clip !!!! the only fasteners were the ones holding the basher bar!!!!!!!!
FN AMAZING

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 03-13-2016 at 05:35 AM.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:38 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Jumpit HC steering mod next!!
Old 03-13-2016, 11:07 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

In your last vid you talked of trans problems and speed runs. I am a loyal AVID bearing user. When I built my kit I used all AVID bearings. Looking at the SMALL bearings in the trans and the speed they would see I installed all AVID ceramic bearings. this was over a year ago with no problems. Being ocd about this stuff I do bust the trans apart every 8 packs and lube bearings and gears.
pro mod steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:45 AM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
In your last vid you talked of trans problems and speed runs. I am a loyal AVID bearing user. When I built my kit I used all AVID bearings. Looking at the SMALL bearings in the trans and the speed they would see I installed all AVID ceramic bearings. this was over a year ago with no problems. Being ocd about this stuff I do bust the trans apart every 8 packs and lube bearings and gears.
That's interesting ... I just installed ceramics in my vanquish because the hd gears killed my boca greens & the vanquish 24mm....$$$$$
I must say tho.... I haven't assembled 1 tranny that felt (SMOOTH) .. And all three trannys blew out in the same location.. Im getting ready to tare down the Dhawk 2 speed for the XLX..Ive had about 30+ runs on'er so I interested to crack her open. Maybe its time to give AVID a try.. or a hpi tranny... O and Steve 8 packs would be every four days my man lol I'm a fn fanatic.. When the PRO drone racer gets here the ole XL, XLX and RRC will get a break from me lol...So FN excited
Old 03-15-2016, 11:04 AM   #34

I am in the process of building the kit. Both front and rear were binding with the HD bevel gears. Called Axial about this issue and they act like it is the first time they had heard of it. Explained to him that it was a common problem and there was alot of talk about it on the forum. He did offer to send me 2 new sets of gears when they come back in stock. I told him if they dont revise the design that new gears wouldnt make any difference. Tried your mod in the rear and it worked great. Now onto the front. I was almost to the point of selling the yeti and cutting my losses. Thank you for taking the time to post threads and videos to help us all. BHB ROCKS!!!
sugarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:02 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbear View Post
I am in the process of building the kit. Both front and rear were binding with the HD bevel gears. Called Axial about this issue and they act like it is the first time they had heard of it. Explained to him that it was a common problem and there was alot of talk about it on the forum. He did offer to send me 2 new sets of gears when they come back in stock. I told him if they dont revise the design that new gears wouldnt make any difference. Tried your mod in the rear and it worked great. Now onto the front. I was almost to the point of selling the yeti and cutting my losses. Thank you for taking the time to post threads and videos to help us all. BHB ROCKS!!!
THANKS SO MUCH !!!

IT TAKES A RRC VILLAGE TO DEFEAT A CORPORATE DRAGON!! BUT EVERYONE'S SO HUSH HUSH ... GOOD THING I'M NOT... I'VE BEEN DRIVING THE PISS OUT OF AXIAL... POOR (SCOTT) FAR AS I KNOW HE PASSED MY INFO ON TO R&D AND Q&C...I TRIED TO EXPLAIN THAT AVOIDING THE HD GEAR ISSUE WILL HURT THERE REP...
I'LL KEEP BEING RELENTLESS AS LONG AS I'VE GOT PROOF FROM
(RRC XL OWNERS)

after the mod the xl is 1000% BETTER AND YOU WILL LOVE YOUR XL AGIAN

IF ANYONE HAS A ISSUE STATE THEM HERE SO I CAN RELAY THE ISSUES TO SCOTT
Old 03-16-2016, 06:19 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I did this and about 4 runs on 6S and they were done. Good luck.
So I finally tore into the rear diff. It was a bearing failure NOT gear issue. Pinion bearing exploded and packed the pinion with balls and shoved the pinion out the diff. Totally my fault. I have a new set of gears for front and rear and did the BHB mod today at work. we will see what happens now. Will get into front diff this weekend. BHB mod was not too difficult and with his vid it really helped.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:20 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
So I finally tore into the rear diff. It was a bearing failure NOT gear issue. Pinion bearing exploded and packed the pinion with balls and shoved the pinion out the diff. Totally my fault. I have a new set of gears for front and rear and did the BHB mod today at work. we will see what happens now. Will get into front diff this weekend. BHB mod was not too difficult and with his vid it really helped.
Thanks SteveO !!!! I'm sure you and your little girl will get to ENJOY bashn with out driving a ticking time bomb!!!
The HD GEARS ARE FN AWESOME AFTER THE MOD!!!!!!!!!

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK!!!!
Old 03-16-2016, 08:28 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Ok so im confused basher, you said in post 33 the HD gears killed your boca greens in the vp housing?
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:31 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

After doing the BHB mod it seems simpler than it sounds. testing will tell but I didn't spend a ton of time just cut off the ridge and checked for high spots and all looks good. The way the gear tooth is tapered or leans towards the front of the pinion it's pretty cut and dry. No over thinking needed.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:47 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Ok so im confused basher, you said in post 33 the HD gears killed your boca greens in the vp housing?
before my mod I took Harley's advice sanded the spacer and ran er with the retaining cup out .05 and tried to let em break in ... F them all up.. That's why I was doing limited bashn runs mostly crawling..

all good now... but I did have to replace my 24mm Vanquish bearing also

LOOK HOW MUCH THE FN HD GEARS F UP MY VANQUISH AFTER 2-3 SHORT RUNS...PLUS NEW BOCA BEARINGS AND HD SET....
THATS WHY IM TRYING TO HELP

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 03-16-2016 at 08:50 PM.

Must watch video hd gear mod - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scx10 Comanche Music Video FINAL EDIT! Watch in HD ray2286 Videos! 11 03-13-2011 12:21 PM
Most BADASSESSSSS video EVER, EVER!!! Watch it! toyofast Chit Chat 19 08-04-2010 10:23 PM
Wow watch this video. dezfan Chit Chat 10 09-23-2007 09:35 PM
Watch this 1/6th Video AMAZING! DirkDigler General Crawlers 3 03-06-2006 07:01 PM