Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Must watch video hd gear mod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2016, 09:08 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: Must watch video hd gear mod

After one month of owning RTR (1100$) I snagged up a pilfered Yeti XL kit for 200$ because ALL of the problems I was having!! then that same month I was ordering more parts so I could just drive this fn thing.. SERIOUSLY with in 2 month I almost spent enough to buy another fn RTR... what was I to do... I through about throwing it in the fn trash because I'd feel guilty selling it to one of you guys..... buy better parts RIGHT ...NOPE !!! it was the FN gears... That's why I'm simply just trying to give it back to you guys and the guys to come... The XL IS a FN blast that's why I was determined ...that and my wife, kids, and friends thought I was a FN idiot for buying the POS...But after the mod... 6s spraying rocks, leaving burnouts and being a crawling king seamed to change everyone's mind..

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 07-08-2016 at 11:06 AM.
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2016, 10:05 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Just finished rear diff assembly. HD gears and stock housing. WOW the BHB mod is the SHIT. The gears turn like thier not touching it is soo smooth. Can't wait to get the front done and get some good testing in. Hard to believe something so simple can make such a difference BUT only some 6S bashing will really tell the tale.
pro mod steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:32 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
Just finished rear diff assembly. HD gears and stock housing. WOW the BHB mod is the SHIT. The gears turn like thier not touching it is soo smooth. Can't wait to get the front done and get some good testing in. Hard to believe something so simple can make such a difference BUT only some 6S bashing will really tell the tale.
55+ runs 30 runs 6s the rest was 6s parallel crankn 80c....locked up...I broke everything(2outputs spider gear front cvd ) and the gears STILL LOOK PERRRFECCTTT

and Steve your absolutely right ... easy as hell if you take your time and check each tooth for light with the spacer ...sand spacer if needed.(vanquish with DHAWK spacer) AND ALWAYS SHIM AFTER THE FIRST BEARING!!!!!
Old 03-19-2016, 03:41 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

So I put the new HD gears in the front stock bulkhead a while back before the BHB mod. Real notchy and not right. Took the front apart today and did the BHB mod. SMOOTH AS GLASS now. THANK YOU BarHarborBasher you are the man.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:49 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
So I put the new HD gears in the front stock bulkhead a while back before the BHB mod. Real notchy and not right. Took the front apart today and did the BHB mod. SMOOTH AS GLASS now. THANK YOU BarHarborBasher you are the man.
Thank-you sir !!! that will keep your little girl from getting discouraged !! my little girls gave me the look like (WTF) every time It broke because of the HD gears..

WE almost lost interest

it will never be the problem again
Old 03-20-2016, 03:17 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Well had a 6S bash session today. All good so far and no broken parts.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:52 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Awesome feeling huh steve~o !!!!
Its the last time that will be an issue The HD GEARS are INCREDIBLE after the mod !!!! I'd even put them in a Space Shuttle !!! Ya that good if the mod is done with care!!

WATCH THE HD MOD BELOW AND SUBSCRIBE

https://youtu.be/gv1KU4J6V4w

AND FOLLOW UP VIDEOS AFTER 25 - 40 55+ 6S SERIES AND PARALLEL RUNS ON MY YOUTUBE PAGE

Now you see where I've been coming from and I wouldn't want your shit or anyone else's XL turn to shit with the HD GEARS and thanks Steve~O for listening and taking a chance... The mod is easy and could even be done with a good millfile

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 03-20-2016 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:08 PM   #48
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
Awesome feeling huh steve~o !!!! Its the last time that will be an issue The HD GEARS are INCREDIBLE after the mod !!!! I'd even put them in a Space Shuttle !!! Ya that good if the mod is done with care!! WATCH THE HD MOD BELOW AND SUBSCRIBE https://youtu.be/gv1KU4J6V4w AND FOLLOW UP VIDEOS AFTER 25 - 40 55+ 6S SERIES AND PARALLEL RUNS ON MY YOUTUBE PAGE Now you see where I've been coming from and I wouldn't want your shit or anyone else's XL turn to shit with the HD GEARS and thanks Steve~O for listening and taking a chance... The mod is easy and could even be done with a good millfile
I will be trying this as well when my new stuff shows up. I'll let you know how I make out.
sparwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:26 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparwood View Post
I will be trying this as well when my new stuff shows up. I'll let you know how I make out.
Much appreciated Man!!

When I was a guest I liked this forum because it helped me... That's what's its for in my eyes ... not kaddy BS... I mean come on were grown ass men with ( toys ) LMAO !!

you'll love the assurance knowing the gears dependable after the mod !!!
Old 03-21-2016, 12:49 AM   #50
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I mean come on were grown ass men with ( toys ) LMAO !!
Well, my kids and I decided to break out the slot car track and set it up today, good fun, we have the digital one you can race 6 cars on at the same time, it's a blast, my 8 and 6 year old kicked my ass, although to my defense I did put an extra magnet on their cars so they stay on the track better, I did manage to beat my 4 year old daughter though, she cried, I felt bad, I got to get out more.....

One of the best things about having kids is you get to buy all the really cool toys your parents wouldn't buy you when you were a kid. Although, I did get a Tamiya Super Shot when I was a kid, that thing was a blast, I think it probably is still in my parents basement somewhere......and I don't remember having to drop 50 beans to replace the gears!

Last edited by sparwood; 03-21-2016 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:58 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparwood View Post
Well, my kids and I decided to break out the slot car track and set it up today, good fun, we have the digital one you can race 6 cars on at the same time, it's a blast, my 8 and 6 year old kicked my ass, although to my defense I did put an extra magnet on their cars so they stay on the track better, I did manage to beat my 4 year old daughter though, she cried, I felt bad, I got to get out more.....

One of the best things about having kids is you get to buy all the really cool toys your parents wouldn't buy you when you were a kid. Although, I did get a Tamiya Super Shot when I was a kid, that thing was a blast, I think it probably is still in my parents basement somewhere......and I don't remember having to drop 50 beans to replace the gears!
I spend everyday trying to be the Dad that I wish that I had.. Having the chance to relive my stolen (worked sense 9) childhood with my kids is the Highlight of my life.. I love seeing this side of the RRC community !!! It makes it feel more personal.. Some day maybe we should do a daddy kiddo thread ..Steve's already on board lol

Btw I was just reminiscing to by buddy about slot cars.... wtf you can mod them and their digital !!! brushless ? lol
Old 03-21-2016, 04:15 AM   #52
Rock Stacker

Looks like someone listened to you bhb.
Pinion from my rtr. Already modified.
47yok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:22 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47yok View Post

Looks like someone listened to you bhb.
Pinion from my rtr. Already modified.
Maybe the new RTR's have the HD gear set but the above pic is NOT "Modded" and the hear mesh is terrible. Just over half contact and severely worn. Not sure how may packs are in that but doesn't look good.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:26 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

Not a modded gear that step at the bottom of the tooth is what you have to remove.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:29 AM   #55
Rock Stacker

I saw the gear pattern. The pinion needs to move closer to the ring gear. Not sure how to do that yet. Need about 2mm shim. Then find shims for the carrier bearings. So I can move that also. Then I can get a good pattern.
47yok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:55 AM   #56
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47yok View Post
I saw the gear pattern. The pinion needs to move closer to the ring gear. Not sure how to do that yet. Need about 2mm shim. Then find shims for the carrier bearings. So I can move that also. Then I can get a good pattern.
Doesn't work that way man.... Ive got tons over this mod.. you should read or watch it.
Shimming doesn't help ... You have to remove the haunch . That is the only thing that gets you closer... Send it to me if you don't feel comfortable... I'll do it for free.. Take the time and read RRC threads !!! It will save you a of Headaches and Money Bud!! Time well spent!!
Old 03-21-2016, 11:06 AM   #57
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
Maybe the new RTR's have the HD gear set but the above pic is NOT "Modded" and the hear mesh is terrible. Just over half contact and severely worn. Not sure how may packs are in that but doesn't look good.
CMB Prime example FACTORY incorrect gear mesh
This is how all 3 sets looked after 3-5 runs if the housing didn't heat up first OR bearing detonation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HD gear in a stock housing!!! Design F UP !!!

Maybe its time to share some Emails with you guys from Axial..

SPREAD THE WORD PEOPLE
WE ARE THE ONES THAT SUFFER.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:30 AM   #58
McD
Rock Stacker

So I've got my own email string about these axle failures with axial.

didn't know if it was kosher to serve em up.
McD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:05 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by McD View Post
So I've got my own email string about these axle failures with axial.

didn't know if it was kosher to serve em up.
I'm in the same boat as you (I don't wanna be that guy) ...Because I love my XL and like Axial

But who are the real dickheads here..( If ) they are Now selling the RTR with the Fn HD gears they need a good ole spankN !!!

McD and I are headn to Head quarters to rattle some heads lol J.K
but really... I made this aware to everyone under the sun..Then people call them and they have NO IDEA about the issues.. come the f on AXIAL... We love you
Old 03-21-2016, 01:11 PM   #60
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Btw I was just reminiscing to by buddy about slot cars.... wtf you can mod them and their digital !!! brushless ? lol
We bet you can, you can run 6 cars on the same track, they can change lanes, you can buy suspensions kits, upgraded tires, light kits, upgraded motor kits (not brushless), you name it. Being digital the track has an automatic lap counter and keeps track of your best lap times.

You can also buy software for your laptop that plugs into the digital track controller and does things like keep track of fuel, if you stop in pit lane it fills the "tank" up, if you don't you run out of fuel and it shuts the car down and you're out of the race. It also will allow the car to run faster when the tank is empty, and slower when the tank is full (car is heavier), pretty neat stuff.

Sorry a bit off topic though.

Last edited by sparwood; 03-21-2016 at 01:16 PM.

Must watch video hd gear mod - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scx10 Comanche Music Video FINAL EDIT! Watch in HD ray2286 Videos! 11 03-13-2011 12:21 PM
Most BADASSESSSSS video EVER, EVER!!! Watch it! toyofast Chit Chat 19 08-04-2010 10:23 PM
Wow watch this video. dezfan Chit Chat 10 09-23-2007 09:35 PM
Watch this 1/6th Video AMAZING! DirkDigler General Crawlers 3 03-06-2006 07:01 PM