Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Must watch video hd gear mod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2016, 05:20 PM   #221

Default Re: Must watch video hd gear mod

I've had this truck for almost 6 months and the last time it was running was back in Feb. I have been into RC cars, trucks, and helos for many years and this one just makes me angry. I would rather upgrade my Bomber instead. I've put $1200 into this truck and it's still not capable of handling 4s batteries. So many failed parts in the first couple of batteries. My bomber has been run through 10 batteries and the stock motor just quit. That's the only thing that has gone wrong and I've been hard on it. I just see no reason to continue with this truck if the manufacturer isn't going to offer the stock gears or proper parts to their customers.

Weird side note... Apparently I have 2 different accounts... I was logged into an old account at work and then my home computer logs in automatically into this account with a slightly different name. Oops!

Last edited by TwoShoes; 04-29-2016 at 05:26 PM.
TwoShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2016, 05:27 PM   #222
RCC Addict

I'm gonna stick it out sort of...Is so discouraging to think Axial could scrap the XL (speculation by reputation) ... And I'm personally SO DISCOURARGED with Scott from Axial... Our last conversation was very awkward because of the stench bullshit... I guess I come across as a imbecile...

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 07-08-2016 at 11:11 AM.
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:35 PM   #223

The only thing that will be axial on my Bomber will be the design, and maybe the main skid plate that everything is bolted to. My YXL doesn't even make me want to fix it. So much money down the drain on such a terrible design.
2Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #224
RCC Addict

Hey guys I've been getting a lot of request for the BHB HD Gear MOD 3 just yesterday ... Yes I'm still doing them for free, but bashers insist on offering payment... I get it I'd do the same!!! So if you want me to mod your HD gear set; here's what you'll have to do...

1~ Send JUST the pinions/ saves on shipping
2~ Send a prepaid envelope for the return
3~ Send me a message when your gears are shipped

Josh Scott BHB
113 North Bend Rd
Ellsworth Maine

If you want to include a donation... It could be cash, club stickers, random spare part or a trinket of your home town.. Or nothing at all..

Subscribe to my youtube page ..

Thanks guys for all of the awesome P.M's !!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsm..._UIAD2J5_qUBmg
Old 05-02-2016, 10:21 AM   #225
I wanna be Dave

Remember this is public forum so anyone can see your address, I would keep that private through PM's. You dont know if you piss someone off and get sent something else other then some pinions.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:37 AM   #226
RCC Addict

I NEVER piss anyone off lol

.. If that was the case they could act like a nice guy and P.M me , google me or find out somehow...

I don't hold grudges or discriminate..

I've been attacked by wild animals and stabbed 3 times... whats next a bomb in my mailbox...

I guess im just old fashion... My name is Josh Scott and I'm the Bar Harbor Basher

Thanks Yota for caring for my & my FAMILY'S wellbeing

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 05-02-2016 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:33 PM   #227
Rock Crawler

2shoes, I feel like you do about the YXL and the Bomber. The best thing about the Bomber is 3rd party parts. Sharing the Wraith and Yeti parts really makes it easy to hack, mod, and bolt on quality stuff. It's too bad there's not the same level of support for the YXL. The YXL seems like the EXO to me. It looks awesome, it's fun to drive (haven't driven and EXO, but they look fun), it just doesn't have the sales to warrant much 3rd party support or even support from Axial.

Like you, I don't have much drive to work on the YXL. I did finally put a new Dhawk bulkhead and fixed all the breakage from that tree jumping in front of it. Hopefully I'll be able to take it out this weekend and not break it.

The Bomber is the opposite. Last time I had it out I was determined to make a crazy hill climb. I bet I rolled it end over end 10 times, violently, before I made it. Nothing broke. I was shocked. Granted I wasn't going 50 mph and the trees remained stationary.

I think once I get the YXL out at the BMX track on 6s I'll remember why I love it. It's just been awhile.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:33 AM   #228

I just thought I would enjoy driving the YXL and I really don't, then add all the problems with it, and it's even more frustrating. I'm a full size Jeep builder as well so I'm more into the slower rock crawling and rock bouncing anyway. I'll put mine up for sale here in a week or so when I get it back together.
2Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:55 PM   #229
Rock Crawler

I can completely understand Deckard and 2shoes point. For me it is now more of a lunatics psychopathic quest to conquer this thing and not be beaten. I can't count how many times I wanted to just set it on fire and watch it burn and be done with it as I was so angry. Now its a quest to someday finally say F-you I won and you won't break me. I am not really crazy the Yeti XL makes me that way. Now that I think about it I have to be crazy as I have 2 of them.

Last edited by pro mod steve; 05-04-2016 at 09:58 PM.
pro mod steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:32 PM   #230
RCC Addict

I'm just as Effed up as you are LMAO
I figure if Axial runs out on us and the U.S vendors keep pumping out 1/10 ..all we have is the community and a couple good connections .. Maybe even make the XL better than it ever hoped to be...
That's why we need to build this bitch together.. With all of the experience that you guys can bring to the table ..why not

It would be good if the people that aren't subscribed that are always viewing signed up with RCC so we could gain some numbers and get things rolling !"thumbsup"
Old 05-05-2016, 01:10 PM   #231
Rock Crawler

So I test drove the YXL Tuesday night after replacing nearly the entire front end over the weekend. It has been sitting on the bench for at least a month, maybe two. I've been preoccupied with the Bomber, had to wait for parts, then realized I need a new bulkhead...more waiting for China shipping, etc.

Even running it on the street and a little park near the house reminded me of why I love this crazy ass thing. I only drove it for 10 minutes to run out the remaining charge in the batteries and I was like "daaaayum". I forgot how cool it looks when it's just cruising over grass.

As far as Axial possibly ditching the YXL, who cares? I hate replacing stock parts with stock parts when I break something. I would love to see more 3rd party support. The more 3rd party quality stuff we have, the better. Axial does a great job of giving us the platform to mod, tweak, customize. I do wish the YXL had more of a following so that there would be greater 3rd party support. It would be awesome to see BHB do well with GPM. It would be nice to have a resource that can get parts we need made and made well.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:38 PM   #232
Rock Stacker

Dam that's awesome you offer to help people with they pinion mod for free!

You're in Ellsworth, I used to live in Newport and then in Palmyra, and we used to go up to Moosehead Lake once in awhile...miss me some Maine bro!
battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:38 PM   #233
RCC Addict

I love snowmobiling & RZR riding up there !! I've put 12,000 miles on my RZR4 and I bet 3,000 were up there !! I've lived all over; Maine's always home...

Your living by my ole' hommie (Rodger Mathews) J low's man from Jersey Shores.. Small world.. Sorta crazy I use to party with my cousin Tim Silvia & Rodger... Look at them now lol we were crazy f ers back in the day

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 05-05-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:59 PM   #234
I wanna be Dave

Haha seriously? That dude is a beast and hella funny on tv.

BHB, I got a picture for you, you'll get a laugh from it. I'll upload it right now.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:03 PM   #235
I wanna be Dave

This is why HD gears are needed. These are my stock gears from front diff I just pulled.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:36 AM   #236
RCC Addict

I don't watch T.V... But Rodger a cool shit !! He was a string bean back in the day ... That SB car ride a bike like a mofo ... I can't believe we survived the shit we pulled ... I pulled a 82 mph e-brake with Rodger when I was 16... We spun around so hard we starved the car from fuel !!I hung out with his old man Bill a couple of weeks ago out ta camp.. I spent a couple summers out there.. Salt of the earth kind of guy !!

Lol looks like they are just starting to break in lol For all of that wear the Plastic spacer looks o.k huh... krazy !!
Are you modding up a set of HD gears ? Feel free to send them to me if you want to... I think you know my address lmao
Old 05-06-2016, 08:19 AM   #237
I wanna be Dave

Ya I'm shocked the spacer and bearings aren't toast. Of course there's no shims from factory just like the rear.

Yes I'm going with HD gears for sure. Thanks for the offer but I dont mind doing it myself.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:47 AM   #238
RCC Addict

Ive been basically grinding them 90 degrees from the back of the teeth square to the shaft .. Also noticed when I dropping my pin for cv assembly my bearing, spacer and shims are flush with the top of the pin hole in the pinion..
Old 05-06-2016, 01:43 PM   #239
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn999 View Post
So does that mean you can now find out if the GPM front bulkhead fits the original gears and the spiral cut ones?

Not had a reply from either GPM or Jimmy aka Dhawk on that question so far.

Dhawk hasn't replied to me asking if his V2 bulkheads are all sorted and good to go either.

All quiet on the Yeti XL vendor front

Well this is the scoop .... I THINK I received a V1 ... Like 1000% sure, Visually/psychically compatible with my V1 1/2...So I contacted Jimmy/Dhawk and this is what HE sent in regards to my question..Unfortuantly my digital micrometer have seen better days but my cheep~o~charlie ste says that they are the same.. I wanted a V2

Also !!!!
If I was full of shit about the HD gear being a ISSUE why in the hell is GPM & DHAWK coming out with a V2 ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????

Axial
AND people doubting me and steering bashers in the WRONG direction
and Ebay

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 05-06-2016 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:12 PM   #240

So I just have the stock gears in and blew a bearing on my front diff on my first battery. Chewed up my ring gear a bit. From what I have been reading I need to purchase two sets of HD gears? A set for the front and rear? I have gotten zero support from axial. Waited 40 mins on the phone and no responses from my emails. Not excited about buying all new bearings and New gears so early in.
Justinmercer123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Must watch video hd gear mod - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scx10 Comanche Music Video FINAL EDIT! Watch in HD ray2286 Videos! 11 03-13-2011 12:21 PM
Most BADASSESSSSS video EVER, EVER!!! Watch it! toyofast Chit Chat 19 08-04-2010 10:23 PM
Wow watch this video. dezfan Chit Chat 10 09-23-2007 09:35 PM
Watch this 1/6th Video AMAZING! DirkDigler General Crawlers 3 03-06-2006 07:01 PM