Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Axial Yeti XL 4s or 6s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2016, 07:09 AM   #21

Default Re: Axial Yeti XL 4s or 6s

4S is fun. 6S is insane. FWIW, every time I have broke something, I was running 6S.
starkeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2016, 07:48 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

This weekend I ran my rig on 6S for the first time. Honestly, it was fun, maybe, but this baby was never meant to run on such amount of power. You have to choose between a few wheelies now and then and a lot of broken parts and rollovers all the time. The stock springs are way too soft to handle the weight of this car, especially when cornering at high speed and/or breaking. I usually run it on 4S 15/68T and you'll get all you need to have maximum amount of fun without breaking anything, more or less
And consider I tamed it down a lot, both from MMX settings and from Tx! And it was still hard to control! So why go on 6S when you can't take all the advantages out of it? Well, maybe only if you are BHB and have the time AND a wife accepting all your needs
Tzicul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:55 AM   #23
McD
Rock Stacker

Make a pigtail and run 2S for a while get used to it. Hell run just one full pack, then switch to 4S, bonus to running batteries in parallel twice the run time.

I say if you want the full “HAIR ON FIRE” get the 6S but for the first couple runs put the batteries in parallel and run 3S for a while get used to the truck then when you’ve got some run time under your belt, and a few extra $$ in your pocket. Light em up with the 6S.

Personally I don’t have the room for the 6S at my current run places so 4S is what I’ve been using. Without any limiting on the punch control just exponential ramps for the gas and brake.
And for the really tight, cramped and technical spots I’ve been using 2S since I have three 2S batteries.

It still does ok on just 2S decent torque just not the top end, but enough torque to pull my daughter around in her snow sled and she’s 60lbs!!!

https://youtu.be/mN5HEVH4EW8

Congrats on the kit your gonna love it
McD
McD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:48 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzicul View Post
This weekend I ran my rig on 6S for the first time. Honestly, it was fun, maybe, but this baby was never meant to run on such amount of power. You have to choose between a few wheelies now and then and a lot of broken parts and rollovers all the time. The stock springs are way too soft to handle the weight of this car, especially when cornering at high speed and/or breaking. I usually run it on 4S 15/68T and you'll get all you need to have maximum amount of fun without breaking anything, more or less
And consider I tamed it down a lot, both from MMX settings and from Tx! And it was still hard to control! So why go on 6S when you can't take all the advantages out of it? Well, maybe only if you are BHB and have the time AND a wife accepting all your needs
I'm a high maintenance bitch now-a-days but I do satisfy her wants and needs ... It's gotta be love... she's 10 years younger, has her doctorate, she could have any man.. I just happen to be that lucky guy....

GLAD to see your ack MCD !!!
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:04 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder

I dunno, for me I only run 6s and yes it's obvious things will break more but as far as being out of control my truck is pretty planted when hammering the throttle. Now while turning that's a diff story. Might be the extra weight and setup that I'm using.
Dionisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:06 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Just curious why nobody mentions running 5S. Tasmanian Devil or nothing I guess.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:34 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

5s bah, that's an odd number 6s just sounds better....like success.
Dionisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:45 AM   #28
RCC Addict

8s makes my panties wet lol
6S parallel is fun too lol

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 05-17-2016 at 09:59 AM.
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:13 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Something else to consider is where you're running. I've always preferred 6s over 4s for the fact that I run almost exclusively in wide open areas (lake area,large parks, etc.). I've never been a track and jump kind of guy so, the "go fast" concept works for me. Like the others have already stated though, watch your brake and punch controls and if you've never run 1/8 scale or bigger at high speeds, work your way up to it. The handling characteristics greatly differ from 1/10 scale (and as most of us already know, the YXL is top heavy and likes to roll in turns). Just have fun with it and drive within your ability.
Terrible1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:58 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible1 View Post
Something else to consider is where you're running. I've always preferred 6s over 4s for the fact that I run almost exclusively in wide open areas (lake area,large parks, etc.). I've never been a track and jump kind of guy so, the "go fast" concept works for me. Like the others have already stated though, watch your brake and punch controls and if you've never run 1/8 scale or bigger at high speeds, work your way up to it. The handling characteristics greatly differ from 1/10 scale (and as most of us already know, the YXL is top heavy and likes to roll in turns). Just have fun with it and drive within your ability.
Very good point. I use 4s when im running in my back yard and save the 6s for wide open fields.
starkeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:01 AM   #31

Thanks for all the input on 4s vs 6s guys, helped me out alot thanks!!!
360CLAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:20 AM   #32

You will need lots of room for 6s. My back yard is 60'x90' of open space and it feels small on 4s. I run the yeti on 4s or 5s unless I am in a wide open location like the beach early in the day with nobody around. A rig this size gets away from you on 6s and hits somebody, you will probably have a lawsuit on your hands.
zachandandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 09:04 PM   #33

i have an axial yeti xl and i have both a 4s and 6s setup for it. i can easily relax while driving my car on 4s while still having tons of fun with it, not worrying what part is gunna break next (diffs). 6s is a totally different monster. im not saying its impossible to drive, but u definitely have to know what your doing or else it isnt gunna end well. i usually drive it on 4s but i occasionally go 6s. where your driving also is a factor to making a desicion of 4 or 6s.
axial yeti xl BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial Yeti XL 4s or 6s - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti, Set, GO!!! FastEddy Bearings for the Axial Yeti FastEddy Axial Yeti 13 04-21-2015 07:33 AM
Yeti Located - Axial Yeti bashing eunique Scale Videos! 0 02-12-2015 08:42 AM
Yeti Located - Axial Yeti bashing eunique Scale Videos! 0 01-09-2015 02:10 AM