Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Proline F11 wheels and BFG tire questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2017, 05:02 PM   #1

Default Proline F11 wheels and BFG tire questions

Hello again guys...quick question. Are the BFG Krawler tires supposed to fit on the proline wheels? I baked them off the old wheels tonight and just did a quick test fit with the CI foams and there is no lip for the tires to fit into. As you can see by the pics they are just barely touching the wheel. Is this correct? Clean and glue now or is there another step I'm missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drink-U-Under is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2017, 05:53 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Proline F11 wheels and BFG tire questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drink-U-Under View Post
Hello again guys...quick question. Are the BFG Krawler tires supposed to fit on the proline wheels? I baked them off the old wheels tonight and just did a quick test fit with the CI foams and there is no lip for the tires to fit into. As you can see by the pics they are just barely touching the wheel. Is this correct? Clean and glue now or is there another step I'm missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hard to explain without a bunch of pictures but The PL F11 and most MT wheels use a Traxxas Style bead or lack there of. Traxxas only uses a bead on the inside and not the outside. The outside bead is actually the CA glue. The BFGs and Falken are closer to a real bead that is captured inside and outside and backed up on the outside bead with CA glue.

Take a look at your stock wheel and see the two raised parts where the bead would go. Now look at the F11 and the outside is missing. Just be more mindful when gluing and make sure it sets or it will come off after a few trigger pulls.

Hope that kinda makes sense.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:34 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

READ my wheels thread all is explained.
pro mod steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:55 PM   #4

Yup, makes total sense...I can definitely see where on the original wheel it had a spot for the tire to sit into and on the new wheels there isn't one. I will just be careful on the glueing of the tire to the wheel. Is there a better glue (manufacturer) then others?

And I have to order some new BFG's since I used a little too much muscle (and impatience) removing one from the old wheel...took a big chunk out of it
Drink-U-Under is offline   Reply With Quote

Proline F11 wheels and BFG tire questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bfg tire ? wurster Tires and Wheels 2 02-20-2014 02:24 PM
Will Proline Epic 2.2 slash Wheels Work for a 2.2 Rock Crawler Tire? alexchen86 Tires and Wheels 3 07-01-2010 11:20 PM
bfg questions razor rc Tires and Wheels 2 04-03-2008 06:59 PM