Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: BHB MOD, I had to try it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: BHB MOD, I had to try it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
mtr1514, is there a thread on what needed to be done to the HR lockouts to get them to fit on the Vanquish axle? I looked before asking but didn't find anything. I'm also very lazy so I only look for a short amount of time.

Thanks

Ha, I think I looked as well for a thread as much as you but didn't find one either. The only instruction I found was to remove or grind down every other internal rib inside the HR lockout. So what I did was use a dremel with a cutting/burr/grinding bit. And if you can get one that has the thinnest diameter so it makes it easier to tackle a rib without getting the adjacent one. I used one that wasnt the thinnest but I still was able to make it work.

Overall it will take a bit of time. I think it took me about 45 minutes to do both. But I took my time and didnt rush it. I did a general grind down of every other internal rib to get started and then did a dry fit on the Vanquish axle. It would say only go in about an inch, so then I would continue to grind down a bit more where it was getting stuck and worked my way down. Grind, dry fit, grind, dry fit, until I worked it all the way down. The lockout has to go on the axle in a specific orientation so the two screw holes will ultimately line up properly. So as you dry fit make sure you always maintain the same orientation and the process will go quicker. I say this because I screwed up and lined up the lockout 180 degrees in the wrong direction, got it all the way in and realized my mistake. Turned it around and found it didnt fit so I have to do some more grinding to make it fit again.

Difficulty level is low and I'm glad I did it because I like having a completely aluminum axle.
mtr1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

BHB MOD, I had to try it - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BHB Wax Diff Mod BarHarborBasher Axial Yeti XL 10 05-01-2017 07:45 PM
BHB Transmissionmod/RR slipper mod/ center diffmod BarHarborBasher Axial Yeti XL 13 12-13-2016 12:09 PM
BHB Ultimate XL BarHarborBasher Axial Yeti XL 14 09-05-2016 08:05 PM
BHB Vanquish solid front axle Mod BarHarborBasher Axial Yeti XL 8 04-27-2016 11:35 PM