Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Axial yeti xl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2017, 12:44 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Axial yeti xl

How's it going guys! I follow a guy named BarHarborBasher on YouTube and his work on his Axial yeti xl is phenomenal which encouraged me to get one! The thing is im not much of a basher. I want to put the mamba xl2 1:5 system in because I'm more of an On road guy! What are some of your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeo-15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2017, 12:57 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Axial yeti xl

I think that the xl is not for you. Nothing about the xl is designed for a 1/5 scale power plant or high speed on road action.
Lavaheadache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:05 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavaheadache View Post
I think that the xl is not for you. Nothing about the xl is designed for a 1/5 scale power plant or high speed on road action.

I see a lot of guys on YouTube run there's on 6s. With a few mods I thought maybe this could be a car I could do things with! Thanks for the response. I'll research the car more

Old 05-23-2017, 02:53 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeo-15 View Post
I see a lot of guys on YouTube run there's on 6s. With a few mods I thought maybe this could be a car I could do things with! Thanks for the response. I'll research the car more

Here is your double duty YXL
Arrma Nero with stretched chassis, Yeti XL cage, Max6, 8S ready, | eBay
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:54 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post

That looks crazy!!! Sick work!!! Nicely done

Old 05-23-2017, 07:23 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
Nero platform is junk IMO... Completely unbalanced , Hard to work on , terrible battery compartment, driveshaft setscrew output snap easily, and doesn't even come close to scaleisum that the XL dose.
And come to think about it... Aren't most every drag car straight axle? With front and rear track bar with tuned shocks it certainly can be a road car... Drifting on tar at 40 with flipping is enough proof for me.
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:27 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
Nero platform is junk IMO... Completely unbalanced , Hard to work on , terrible battery compartment, driveshaft setscrew output snap easily, and doesn't even come close to scaleisum that the XL dose.

And come to think about it... Aren't most every drag car straight axle? With front and rear track bar with tuned shocks it certainly can be a road car... Drifting on tar at 40 with flipping is enough proof for me.

Well there's that lol...I got they yeti xl because of your page lol...I have some ideas but once it's done we'll see how it holds up I guess

Old 05-24-2017, 08:11 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
Man I have to agree with you. I like arrma and own an outcast but the nero platform I just don't get it. It's unnecessarily heavier than it needs to be. Real pita to work on also. I would be even say screw it and deal with it being hard to work on and questionable durability if the design had something to offer over conventional design aside from looking kool. The proven Kraton is better cheaper in my opinion. Remote diffs?
Dionisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:38 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionisi View Post
Man I have to agree with you. I like arrma and own an outcast but the nero platform I just don't get it. It's unnecessarily heavier than it needs to be. Real pita to work on also. I would be even say screw it and deal with it being hard to work on and questionable durability if the design had something to offer over conventional design aside from looking kool. The proven Kraton is better cheaper in my opinion. Remote diffs?
Apples and oranges.... my 2 cents worth,
I've had my Nero w/diff brain over a year now and haven't had any problems.
I do keep up on maintenance ( yes it's a challenge to work on).
Admittedly I bash my (2)YXL 10:1 times more than Nero, but Nero is a different animal and still a lot of fun.
Cheez is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial yeti xl - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Life of one YETI - Tom Frajer's Axial Yeti build log TomFrajer Axial Yeti 320 05-22-2017 09:01 PM
Yeti, Set, GO!!! FastEddy Bearings for the Axial Yeti FastEddy Axial Yeti 13 04-21-2015 07:33 AM
Yeti Located - Axial Yeti bashing eunique Scale Videos! 0 02-12-2015 08:42 AM
Yeti Located - Axial Yeti bashing eunique Scale Videos! 0 01-09-2015 02:10 AM