Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Upgrades!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2017, 09:41 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Upgrades!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzicul View Post
I'm using a Savox 1270, pretty strong at 7.4V

Sent from my Xperia Z5 using Tapatalk

I'm looking into that now as we speak brother lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeo-15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2017, 01:04 PM   #22

As I am looking over my parts list to order, I skipped tires/wheels. Been looking online as well as reviews, youtube as well on here and I really don't no which direction I want to go in. I like the size and scale look of the 3.8s with pitbulls! Then I would like beadlocks! Just not sure how well they will do with 1.5-2 inches of thick grass. The park across the street as that type of grass as well as dirt and everything else. Should I just get some big joes?
talento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:18 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by talento View Post
As I am looking over my parts list to order, I skipped tires/wheels. Been looking online as well as reviews, youtube as well on here and I really don't no which direction I want to go in. I like the size and scale look of the 3.8s with pitbulls! Then I would like beadlocks! Just not sure how well they will do with 1.5-2 inches of thick grass. The park across the street as that type of grass as well as dirt and everything else. Should I just get some big joes?
I got the Pitbull/Dick Cepek combination and I can vouch they are a solid choice. Tires are sticky and wheels are great beadlocks but they do add some weight. Though they have survived on 6S and performed great.

mtr1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:21 PM   #24

Thanks for the fast response, how do the pitbulls hold up to on road, as well as taller then 1 inch grass?
Old 06-14-2017, 01:32 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

They hold up great on the road and like I said sticky. And I would say Crawler Innovation foams are a must as well. With the foams and this setup, I can pivot and turn on a dime without rolling my rig. That being said, I dont take it on the road that much as I usually bash in the sand and dirt. As far as grass, I live in a desert where lawns are non existent. But with this rig, I assume your gonna mow through grass and have traction.

Last edited by mtr1514; 06-14-2017 at 01:35 PM.
mtr1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 05:05 PM   #26

Thanks, now time to ask the boss if I can spend a good penny on all this! The one thing going is she understands the tires are one of the most inportsnt upgrades! I got the ok for some if not most, before the tires tho. I am a stay at home dad so we live off 1 income until our kids go to school.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2017, 12:18 AM   #27

Hi all, I got a vanquish rear end, only issue i am having is it seems to bind up if i tighten the screws just even a little! Of course I hate that! I have tried lock tight but didn't work for to long! Any ideas on how to keep the I screws down better?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Upgrades!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First upgrades camaro_iroc87 Axial SCX10 II 7 10-08-2016 08:18 AM
Upgrades? Krawln68 Axial SCX-10 1 10-07-2010 10:42 AM