Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Custom spur and pinion gears!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2017, 02:04 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Custom spur and pinion gears!

Does any know any woodsmiths or welders who make their own custom gears? I would like a combination of gears and I'm not having any luck coming across the gears that I'm looking for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeo-15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2017, 07:56 PM   #2
20K Club

Default Re: Custom spur and pinion gears!

I don't think woodsmiths or welders would be the place to start looking. You should be looking at machine shops that specifically have gear cutting equipment. Custom gears are generally not cheap but you may get lucky if they are tooled up.

Might look into Castle Rock Machine, I believe they are doing some low volume RC gears.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:31 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I don't think woodsmiths or welders would be the place to start looking. You should be looking at machine shops that specifically have gear cutting equipment. Custom gears are generally not cheap but you may get lucky if they are tooled up.

Might look into Castle Rock Machine, I believe they are doing some low volume RC gears.
Cole from Castle Rock Machine is where I got my mod one gears. He does a great job but like Harley said quality isn't cheep...
BTW Harley. I'm surprised that you still read this forum. Harley...You're gonna hate my next project... It will put all of the RC manufactors to shame.. Stay tuned... This idiot just got a milling machine and a lathe...oho and I find it funny that you ignored my postive post on your live YouTube chat.. Harley all I ever did wrong was trying to get you to tell the community about the HD gear modification.. give you a few alternative ways for a V2.. I also understood that it could have controversial effects on your career so I sympathize with the position I put you in...So why would you jump on a chance to chop me down..

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 06-05-2017 at 10:41 PM.
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:34 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
Cole from Castle Rock Machine is where I got my mod one gears. He does a great job but like Harley said quality isn't cheep...
BTW Harley. I'm surprised that you still read this forum. Harley...You're gonna hate my next project... It will put all of the RC manufactors to shame.. Stay tuned... This idiot just got a milling machine and a lathe...oho and I find it funny that you ignored my postive post on your live YouTube chat.. Harley all I ever did wrong was trying to get you to tell the community about the HD gear modification.. give you a few alternative ways for a V2.. I also understood that it could have controversial effects on your career so I sympathize with the position I put you in...So why would you jump on a chance to chop me down..

How do I get in contact with Me. Cole? I have a few spur and pinion mods I've been trying to get my hands on I just don't know how! Thanks for the reply gentlemen much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeo-15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:21 PM   #5
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
Unless the comments are related to what I'm working on, I usually try to just ignore them and stay on track.

I understand your desire to make the XL better, revisiting it just isn't likely in the cards for us.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Unless the comments are related to what I'm working on, I usually try to just ignore them and stay on track.

I understand your desire to make the XL better, revisiting it just isn't likely in the cards for us.
Hopefully more than just 1/10 scale... How about a 1/8 + scale Incision crawler? Man .... The stuff James E has been doing is outrageous !!! I just wished it had enough power to ya nervous... Come to think about it James even said on my Instagram that he'd like to build one... You gotta try it out .. The Sensored combo is Amazing
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote

Custom spur and pinion gears! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pinion and spur gears mltxj9889 Axial SCX-10 1 04-26-2011 11:14 PM
Pinion and Spur Gears morg59jeep Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 9 01-06-2009 06:02 PM
Questions about spur gears and pinion gears... Chadworkz General Crawlers 6 12-03-2008 02:04 PM
Different pinion and spur gears??? RCholic Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 09-10-2007 09:38 PM
Spur and pinion gears BigD74 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 7 04-09-2006 11:09 PM