Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Project: Shaman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2017, 04:31 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Project: Shaman

hey everybody, yup mister never finish a project has taken on another project. i have looked through to see what everyone elses was doing for a conversion to a trophy truck. this is my take on it. granted someones going to ding me on the fact that i am using polystyrene to build the cage, its only for mock up. i already have a 3D printer locked up to scan and make one for the project and hopefully after testing they will have it available on their website.
Make sure to like, follow, and sub on youtube . it will be the best way to see updates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMWCP37lxZg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAUmAAcdpSs
CM_113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2017, 09:51 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Project: Shaman

If your still looking for a body for your trophy truck conversion you might wanna check out the nitrorcx 1/5 scale Dallas/Tacon short course body on sale now before you finish your rollcage. The length and width is big enough to accommodate the the yeti  XL rollcage, the wheels are recessed about 3/8". If you use the YXL rollcage you might need to shave off some of the back bumper, the body won't lift high enough, add some extension on the side of the of the rollcage to meet up with the sides and for a more trophy truck look cut out the middle back half. I have done one myself but as a short course truck immana need to build a sturdy but light rollcage to make it look like a TT. There are some pitfalls though, shipping cost more than the body, you might wanna build a mold of it first, a body that size in one piece is very susceptible to tears. I realized that when I tore up my first one so on my second I made it a point to make a mold first, plaster of Paris, Lexan/PTFE sheets and a shop vac cost less than a second body plus shipping.

Hope this helps and also if your going for the trophy truck look you might, and this is just a suggestion, wanna cut the body in sections that way if it does tear you won't have to change the whole body and no additional sho-goo/drywall tape weighting the rig down. Good luck with your conversion build have fun, stay safe and tear it up.
tonyfalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:00 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfalkon View Post
If your still looking for a body for your trophy truck conversion you might wanna check out the nitrorcx 1/5 scale Dallas/Tacon short course body g.

Hope this helps and also if your going for the trophy truck look you might, and this is just a suggestion, wanna cut the body in sections that way if it does tear you won't have to change the whole body and no additional sho-goo/drywall tape weighting the rig down. Good luck with your conversion build have fun, stay safe and tear it up.
looked , nothing that matches that description on the nitrorcx site . i ordered a t1000. its close, more than likely i will have to make a model to get it the size of the xl. and i like the idea of coping the 5ive body . makes good sense. going to take the nose off and give it more a generic nose so that way the owner can get stickers to give it a raptor, or serria, or rebel look. thanks for the ideas and looking at my build post
Old 07-10-2017, 11:39 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM_113 View Post
looked , nothing that matches that description on the nitrorcx site . i ordered a t1000. its close, more than likely i will have to make a model to get it the size of the xl. and i like the idea of coping the 5ive body . makes good sense. going to take the nose off and give it more a generic nose so that way the owner can get stickers to give it a raptor, or serria, or rebel look. thanks for the ideas and looking at my build post
It was actually this or in green I shoulda included the link too but I guess its late for that now, nice choice either way.
tonyfalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:15 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

body number 2 just showed up this week.{ back story, 1st body got suplexed in shipping, it would take a few days to work the kinks out of it to use it, contacted the seller, saw the photos, shipped out another one asap[ i am so impressed with the way it was handled]}
set it on the the yeti xl.... OH BOY..... going to be a undertaking to remold, and trim it to drop on theyeti xl and not look funky, cause thats what i shooting for . too bad JConcepts dont make a 1/6 scale Illuzion - Hi-Flow SCT Body. try to get a video out soon . heat and work been kicking me hard this week
Old 10-18-2017, 04:54 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

hey everybody , i havent forgotten about the thread . between work, life and the universe . i pretty much stuck in a holding pattern. the 2nd body made it, and after a few hours with calipers and tape i decided to say to ...... forget the t1000 and make my own. its to massive , it would be cutting and triming the mold for weeks. but i dont have the skill set to make a body..... im not ColdHardArt. i cant take metal and make it look like a short course. looking at a few more options. not giving up, just letting life get out of the way and let me work on it.

Project: Shaman - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Start of a new Deadbolt project. Lets call it Project: Cheapbolt Prime Axial SCX-10 211 01-07-2017 09:53 AM