Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Need tires and wheel advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2018, 09:13 AM   #1

Default Need tires and wheel advice

I have been reading a lot about tires and wheel and that it’s not recommended to to go to heavy for a combo of tires and wheels as it puts to much stress on the electronics and driveline

Original tires and wheel is 374 grams So what do people recommend for tires and wheels beside the stock ones ?

I have been thinking about
https://pitbullrc.com/products/pb9009zdk As they are about 284grams

And for wheels https://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-Dick-C...ls_p_4237.html as they are 274grams

For a total of 578 grams for wheel and tires that’s 204grams more than stock
Walbum4262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2018, 05:41 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Need tires and wheel advice

Pit bulls are super! Dick cepeks are a bit heavier than stock but not too bad. This combo is far from alloy beadlocks&mudslingers combo that is like 900g per tire/wheel/foam in one corner....

I’ve tried quite a many setups, and I still like the stock KIT wheel&tire combo with CI foams.
The first set I had with stock foams has cracked all 5 wheels....with CI foams the wheels don’t hit the ground anymore when landing and haven’t really had any problems with them since even though my yxl is 20lbs.
xwoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwoop View Post
Pit bulls are super! Dick cepeks are a bit heavier than stock but not too bad. This combo is far from alloy beadlocks&mudslingers combo that is like 900g per tire/wheel/foam in one corner....

I’ve tried quite a many setups, and I still like the stock KIT wheel&tire combo with CI foams.
The first set I had with stock foams has cracked all 5 wheels....with CI foams the wheels don’t hit the ground anymore when landing and haven’t really had any problems with them since even though my yxl is 20lbs.

Great answer and a cheap one aswell

But I would have to remove the tires from the wheels and have never done this.
I can see there are several methods to do it

Acetone
Bake them in the oven
Boil in water
Heat gun

But which one is the correct one if I wanna reuse tires and wheels ?
Old 02-26-2018, 09:35 AM   #4

Also I can see the stock kit tires are falken wildpeak

While I have the RTR BFGoodrich Krawler tires

Any recommendations on the difference ?
Old 02-27-2018, 09:55 AM   #5

Well ordered 3 pairs of CI foams as I have 3 pairs of stock tires and wheels.

And if boiling or acetone ruins the tires and rims I gues I’ll just have to buy something new
Old 10-14-2018, 03:24 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Anyone out there know of a belted 3.8 set of tires and wheels that are not low profile? I’m looking everywhere. Trying to stay lower weight from stock or at least equal to. The src terrain crushers look decent but I’d like more sidewall. It seems tough to find something. By the way I’m just not good at gluing. I got it done on my kit stock set, but it was a messy fiasco. I spent a good amount of time on prep so hopefully they hold up. Pretty much any finishing type work doesn’t agree with me. I’m a mechanical guy.

Last edited by Nastyn8; 10-14-2018 at 03:38 AM.
Nastyn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:56 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastyn8 View Post
Anyone out there know of a belted 3.8 set of tires and wheels that are not low profile? I’m looking everywhere. Trying to stay lower weight from stock or at least equal to. The src terrain crushers look decent but I’d like more sidewall. It seems tough to find something. By the way I’m just not good at gluing. I got it done on my kit stock set, but it was a messy fiasco. I spent a good amount of time on prep so hopefully they hold up. Pretty much any finishing type work doesn’t agree with me. I’m a mechanical guy.
I don't think there's anything belted until 1/5 tires aside from the SRC tires. I would just look into the O-ring or fishing line method as a work around for now.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:43 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the reply. Yea, I did the gorilla tape method. 2 wraps before assembling the tires. I’m just anticipating them coming unglued and was looking for a factory glued set already with reinforcement
Nastyn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:53 AM   #9

Hpi Baja desert busters 24mm hex no ballooning . Great grip. Total price for set of 4 is 45£

Wysane z mojego Mi MIX 2 przy uyciu Tapatalka
vici1984.05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Need tires and wheel advice - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need more wheel and tire advice... T4rscott Tires and Wheels 9 06-20-2017 01:03 PM
Foff wheel advice dittohead Formula Offroad 8 12-16-2013 09:03 AM
wheel / tire advice cmlooner33 Axial XR10 6 08-26-2013 10:21 AM
advice on 2.2 ripsaw tires on 1" aluminum wheel Steelfish Tires and Wheels 11 09-26-2012 02:04 PM
Need advice on wheel and tire choice!!! Chaotic Crawlers Superclass Crawlers 7 09-22-2011 10:40 AM