RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Yeti XL (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti-xl/)
-   -   Yes I知 late to the Party. But I知 here now😎 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti-xl/624718-yes-i%92m-late-party-but-i%92m-here-now.html)

XanderBolanos 05-03-2021 09:25 AM

Yes I知 late to the Party. But I知 here now😎

So been a fan of the site since 2018.
Never thought I壇 move away from 1/10 and 1/8 scale Electric Buggy. But that Yeti XL kept calling my name.
Yes, its discontinued, yes, parts are gonna get harder to find.
Yes the stock pinion, without the BHB mod and 3 bearing mod, will destroy itself.

But have you seen this Thing?
It痴 massive and fun to drive.
So much so that my 130 lbs girlfriend loves taking it out more than me it seems🥰

Bought mine second hand with heavily upgraded with Hot Racing parts and including a Vanquish Rear Axle not installed👀

Now I知 having trouble deciding what parts, are
most common to break and what to order stock or aftermarket to stock up? Any recommendarions?

XanderBolanos 05-15-2021 12:44 AM

Re: Yes I知 late to the Party. But I知 here now😎

While I recognize that people have commented extensively in the past on the matter. Due to the availability of parts, and fixing the critical pinion issues. what would you stock up on? Stock or Aftermarket parts?

Gula 05-15-2021 10:46 AM

Take a look around the threads to see what people broke the most, then see if the replacement is still available. Stock or aftermarket

XanderBolanos 06-18-2021 08:41 PM

Well a few months later, been running HR Bulk head in the front with HR diff cups. No problems till I blew a bearing on the rear drive shaft. Ordered new bearings and even found the elusive Axial shims. I will be doing the BHB pinion mod and also a 3 bearing mod in front and rear. I have a Vanquish rear axle. Not sure if I want to use it lol. Till then I bought some SCX24’s and building a course at home lol.

SCX10 JK 07-03-2021 06:29 PM

Yeah they are incredibly fun rigs. I bought one new when it came out and have since bought another one used with the blown rear diff[for way cheap under 300]. So far both have held up and are basically still stock. But as you said parts are starting to be an issue so in the last year I bought 2 more used and heavily modded ones. One is used as is because it's a 2 speed setup and bullet proof. The other was broken down into parts for spares. I watch ebay and pick up those elusive parts regularly or a full rig for parts occasionally. Think I can make 6 complete rigs now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

XanderBolanos 07-05-2021 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCX10 JK (Post 6086327)
Yeah they are incredibly fun rigs. I bought one new when it came out and have since bought another one used with the blown rear diff[for way cheap under 300]. So far both have held up and are basically still stock. But as you said parts are starting to be an issue so in the last year I bought 2 more used and heavily modded ones. One is used as is because it's a 2 speed setup and bullet proof. The other was broken down into parts for spares. I watch ebay and pick up those elusive parts regularly or a full rig for parts occasionally. Think I can make 6 complete rigs now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I知 with you almost bought another upgraded one just for spare parts"thumbsup""thumbsup"

SCX10 JK 07-05-2021 09:27 PM

Ebay is the way to go on that. Seems like there is a good one posted about every 2-3 weeks.

ferp420 07-06-2021 07:27 AM

ive had mine for what seems like forever and im pretty easy on it what ive found with mine and the 3 other yxls i maintain for freinds we mostly just eat bearings the plastic axle and bulkhead flex to much for the amount of power these things have other than the plaztic housings and the undersized bearings i havent had any issues
one snaped a c hub on a snowy morning when my buddy hit a fence at full speed lol
and those are the only real problem ive had iwith the yeti xl it handles like poop but is great for the open desert or rock bouncing trails but not much fun anywere else luckly for me though i have both open dezert and rock racing trails out the back door

op if you dont have a metal axle on your rig already install that vanquish axle i know its hard to do it looks so pretty and you never want to see it scratched but it was made to bash on the rocks so go for it lol

for me the yxl is more of a novalty item than anything else it looks awsome drive not so awsome but still fun in the right settings like going full speed over bolders 2x bigger than itself but parts arent cheap and are getting harder to find

back door
https://i.imgur.com/9WKA5R1l.jpg