RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Yeti (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/)
-   -   Any word of a kit version? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/499527-any-word-kit-version.html)

Devil Inc 06-23-2014 05:00 AM

Any word of a kit version?

Has anyone heard if Axial is planning to release a kit version? I'd be game for one. "thumbsup"

bbking9 06-23-2014 11:03 AM

Re: Any word of a kit version?

They probably would not say anything about it yet - even if they have one in the works cause it might keep you from buying the RTR.

CreepyCrawl 06-23-2014 11:39 AM

If this thing is as good as it sounds out of the box as an RTR, they may not.

My guess though...they will because it's a new platform.

STANG KILLA SS 06-23-2014 01:55 PM

i dont think there has ever been a axial platform that hasnt been released in kit form.

x2 on what bbking said.

Calderwood 06-23-2014 03:25 PM

I really hope they do. If they don't I'm going to wait until I can score an used roller. I don't have any use for rtr radios and nonsensored motors/ESCs.

isac 06-24-2014 12:16 AM

Motor and esc are sensored

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

jpf 06-24-2014 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isac (Post 4816216)

what? where did you read that?

... JP Out

fr8cture 06-24-2014 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isac (Post 4816216)

Better looking into that more because you are wrong. :ror:

Jus 06-24-2014 10:04 AM

You won't hear about a kit when the RTR isn't even out yet. Gonna need some patience.

7echo 06-25-2014 07:59 PM

But most people(not on this site) will still buy the RTR right? How much do you all think a kit would cannibalize RTR sales?

The Horde RC 06-25-2014 09:09 PM

Would like to see confirmation that it's sensored. The Yeti is awesome no doubt but most of our group are bored with speed. If a kit version and the option to lock the front diff becomes available that would be more appealing at least on this end. Can't wait to see some of the custom builds this thing spawns and I'm with Calderwood, if a kit version is not in the works I'll be waiting for a used roller or picking one up from Ebay.

Calderwood 06-25-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Horde RC (Post 4818150)
Would like to see confirmation that it's sensored. The Yeti is awesome no doubt but most of our group are bored with speed. If a kit version and the option to lock the front diff becomes available that would be more appealing at least on this end. Can't wait to see some of the custom builds this thing spawns and I'm with Calderwood, if a kit version is not in the works I'll be waiting for a used roller or picking one up from Ebay.

Its not sensored. The ESC has been discussed thoroughly in other threads.

tuner 07-02-2014 07:00 PM

I don't care for the kit if the rtr comes with r35 tires and a drivetrain that can handle the 4pole.

skeeler 07-03-2014 09:49 AM

The Twin Hammers is getting a kit version (Vaterra's first kit, I believe), so that makes it even more likely in my mind that Axial will offer a Yeti kit.

Vaterra Twin Hammers 4WD Rock Racer Kit « Big Squid RC – News, Reviews, Videos, and More!

k7zpj 07-03-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil Inc (Post 4815080)
Has anyone heard if Axial is planning to release a kit version? I'd be game for one. "thumbsup"

If you don't want to wait, there is always the option of downloading the instructions and ordering all of the parts to make a Yeti minus the upgrades you ordered.

It will probably cost more doing that, but you will have your Yeti "kit" sooner.

It is just a cost vs. time vs. the beer budget trade off thing.

C*H*U*D 07-03-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 4815515)
i dont think there has ever been a axial platform that hasnt been released in kit form.

x2 on what bbking said.

Ridgecrest/Deadbolt?

redsawacs 07-05-2014 10:58 AM

Since castle makes the ESC and motor for axial and Castle does not produce a sensored motor....they don't see the need for it. So....the yeti is not sensored.

Would have been nice though