Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Got my Yeti today, not impressed at all so far...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2014, 11:49 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: Got my Yeti today, not impressed at all so far...

Here's a question no one has yet mentioned. OP...have you tried contacting Axial to see if maybe they might send you replacement parts? Is it not feasible that it could actually have just been defective parts? It does happen on occasion, so why not contact them and see if they'd be willing to replace the broken parts for you? Chances are they will and if it starts to become a trend, maybe they will start including aluminum hubs with the rtr.

Axial....you getting all this?
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2014, 12:00 PM   #42
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0rtBus View Post
Here's a question no one has yet mentioned. OP...have you tried contacting Axial to see if maybe they might send you replacement parts? Is it not feasible that it could actually have just been defective parts? It does happen on occasion, so why not contact them and see if they'd be willing to replace the broken parts for you? Chances are they will and if it starts to become a trend, maybe they will start including aluminum hubs with the rtr.

Axial....you getting all this?
Agree this need's to be the next step. Let us know how it goes.
impulse2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:43 PM   #43
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by .com View Post
But it's rtr, what do you expect. I'm going to have to drop at least another $600 in this thing to get it the way I want it.
That said, I think its overpiced for what it is. I think they should sell it for $129 less.
Isn't spending extra dough on upgrades just a part of the hobby? I doubt anyone on here has a complete stock truck that they love as is and wouldn't touch a thing on.

And at $300 what are you comparing it to? And RTR SC truck? It's as if people forget what the value of a dollar is, and what kind of time and money goes into developing a new product. Granted the IFS and rear axle is old, but the chassis, transmission and cage/body is all new, and at least Axial had the decency to put some nice Castle products in there; not some cheap ass hobby wing/EZ RAUN looking garbage.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:29 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Pricing seems fair at $429, especially when compared to a scx10 falken at $350 or the crc rubicon at $409. Seems like its a real quality brushless system, and any time you have something coming from castle it's going to bump up the price of the system. Aluminum shocks are another huge thing. They should have given us r35 on the tread compound but I can't complain about the price (although I don't have mine yet)

I have owned many rtrs over the years, and never not had one last a pack upon opening it. Especially because the first pack you're so excited you're running the thing easy anyways. Part of the reason I was so quick to order the yeti is because axial fully earned my trust with my scx10s that I've owned. I have not touched them not tightened any screws, and had great luck.

Let's hope for the best, my pre order should be coming in stock in the next week or so
SoCal Crawlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:31 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

I'd u try to build a Yeti part by part its over a $1000 the brushless motor I over $100, I feel this $429 for a yeti is a fair price. I think ur comparason to a Scx and a yeti is ridiculous since one is ascaler trailblazer and the other is balls out racer hybrid. Any crash n the Yeti is larger than falling off a 2 ft rock drop.Axial makes great products and to see 3 pages of this whining is a waste of time,I respect u critical thinking and pm me I will buy the broken Yeti u have and have ablast with it, hate to see u waste any more time so please lmk ur paypal so u can go buy something u enjoy
Mr Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:59 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

LOL.. funny to see all those guys showing the money to get his yeti and ready to spend tons on money on it and claim is the best RTR out there.

not bad thing on them cuz its all part of the hobby (heck my wraith have $400 on upgrades already) but also glad to read a thread where non all the post are all excitement on the new yeti platform (which its also expected to have flaws for being new)

this reminds me months back when the twin hammers appeared, all joy, all excitement, all pleasure.. few months later ALL on the classifieds

got my money ready to pick one up after xmas.. of course, from the classifieds
Steelfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:01 PM   #47
Suck it up!

Nobody has said it is the best rtr available. We're just not willing to proclaim it unsatisfactory trash because of some mushy hubs and a loose set screw. They are minor details.

For those that can't bear to live with something so obviously sub-par and ready to write the Yeti off, there are some of us that would gladly trade cash for your woes.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:05 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Wait...you mean you can run the Yeti straight out of the box without upgrades? What the hell was I thinking then.

Last edited by SteveC6R; 08-30-2014 at 03:46 PM.
SteveC6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #49

I bought a Yeti and the box got wet from rain and it fell apart soon after. I had to return it for a full refund. I feel so embarrassed and ashamed, much like reading this thread.
69rd96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:36 PM   #50
RCC Addict

So far the only thing that pisses me off ablout the yeti is I dont have mine yet but I do have all of the upgrades ready for it...
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:21 PM   #51

I cant remember when i was impressed with any stock crawler or scaler, especially an rtr.

Part of the fun for me is putting different hopups and modifications on something to improve its performance or durability.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:01 PM   #52
Rock Stacker

I feel the yeti is great out of the box. I ran for about 20 minutes today zero issues. I even installed a tekin pro4 4600kv and mmp for power. No need to bash on a new rig when it could have been driver error to just saying.
TT17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:36 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

Does anyone remember when the scx10 first came out?? Axial had to fix steps in the manual because they were wrong, as well as replace some incorrect parts. That is now the go-to scale crawler. The Traxxas 4x4 has serious durability issues out of the box (rear center diff bearing) and apparently Traxxas produces the pinnacle of RTR's. Let's not forget the plastic gear servos from Traxxas that sometimes don't even make it through the first run. I know this is a crawler forum, but Durango DESC410 owners will know that the rear center cvd pin will eat into your battery if you don't make sure the set screw is tight.

My point is that every car has its problems. Some are not that big of a deal, but if a set screw on the driveshaft deters you, suck it up. Learn what the problems are and deal with them. Don't throw a tantrum because you didn't do what the manual tells you to do. If you don't read the manual, even for a RTR, anything that goes wrong because of that is on you, and only you.
micro racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

This thread has turned into an interesting read. Some of you guys are acting like I said it was the biggest POS ever made. All I did was point out the issues I had with mine out of the box. I even forgot to add that it had a spring cup missing right out of the box. Big deal? Not really.

Other's get what I am trying to say.
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:04 PM   #55
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm25x View Post
This thread has turned into an interesting read. Some of you guys are acting like I said it was the biggest POS ever made. All I did was point out the issues I had with mine out of the box. I even forgot to add that it had a spring cup missing right out of the box. Big deal? Not really.

Other's get what I am trying to say.
Running to the internet to gripe about minor and known issues will tend to cause people to think that you do believe it to be a big issue. You never mentioned that it wasn't, nor did you mention any of the things you liked about the rig.

Apart from you opening the box and running the thing without double checking fasteners, what is there to get? Granted, you didn't make as big of a fuss as some others here have, but still...you are the one that started this thread.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:13 PM   #56
TSK
Shelf queen

Bazinga!
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:06 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

And I am glad I did. I pointed out the issues I had out of the box first run. I was running it on grass for pete's sake. I mean c'mon! I haven't even had a chance to run this thing on any sort of terrain it was designed for so how am I going to have good things to say about it thus far? Now I have to wait for parts for it before I can even run it anymore when I was excited to have it for the holiday weekend, instead it's sitting on the shelf.
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:13 PM   #58
Suck it up!

So you had no idea that A) the instruction manual tells you to double check fasteners, or that B) the plastic hubs might be a little questionable?

Call me crazy, but I tend to do a little research before plunking down $400 on a toy...

FWIW: I've torn up plenty of rigs in the grass. There is a lot more traction there than you might think...
Old 08-30-2014, 07:14 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm25x View Post
I mean c'mon! I haven't even had a chance to run this thing on any sort of terrain it was designed for
keep us informed how it performs running on even offroad terrains and after some of those BIG jumps that appear on every single promo video, they make it look like it jumps way better than any of my SCT or truggy.
Steelfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:16 PM   #60
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelfish View Post
keep us informed how it performs running on even offroad terrains and after some of those BIG jumps that appear on every single promo video, they make it look like it jumps way better than any of my SCT or truggy.
Professional drivers on closed courses always make things look good.

Got my Yeti today, not impressed at all so far... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti, Set, GO!!! FastEddy Bearings for the Axial Yeti FastEddy Axial Yeti 13 04-21-2015 07:33 AM
water yeti.. calling all yeti owners going2fast Axial Yeti 11 11-02-2014 05:43 PM
Wait for a Yeti or get a Slash 4x4 Ultimate today? BIGNASTY Chit Chat 19 08-30-2014 10:54 PM
Yeti captured today im gunna crawl Axial Yeti 4 08-28-2014 08:58 PM
I drove a Yeti today. Dirt51 Axial Yeti 1 07-12-2014 08:15 PM