Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Pham's nissandriver24 Fully Loaded - Vanquish Products Axial Yeti Rock Racer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2014, 09:39 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Pham's nissandriver24 Fully Loaded - Vanquish Products Axial Yeti Rock Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frdtrkguy View Post
Mike, your yeti looks awesome!
Thanks Chris it was good seeing ya at the track.
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2014, 07:53 PM   #22

Default Re: Pham's nissandriver24 Fully Loaded - Vanquish Products Axial Yeti Rock Racer

When will those vp goodies you have on your yeti be available?
difflock120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:56 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by difflock120 View Post
When will those vp goodies you have on your yeti be available?
All of the items I have on my rig are available on VP website but just not currently in stock. They should be back in stock very soon.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:54 PM   #24
BCK

Where did you find the alloy diff centre?????
BCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:01 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCK View Post
Vanquish Products makes them.
SteveC6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:31 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

ND24, I have the VP clamping hexes as well (not the knuckles yet, although those are on my list) - I was unaware though that the stock Yeti drive pins wouldn't work with the VP hexes. What drive pins are you using now to get them to fit properly?
Rudukai13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 05:22 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudukai13 View Post
ND24, I have the VP clamping hexes as well (not the knuckles yet, although those are on my list) - I was unaware though that the stock Yeti drive pins wouldn't work with the VP hexes. What drive pins are you using now to get them to fit properly?
You can cut/file the ones that came in the kit down, I think its 1mm too long.

I had some spares from older Axials that fit.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:47 AM   #28
RCC Addict

The stock pins work just fine with VP clamping hexes, I've had mine on and off several times.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:16 AM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Wow - great Yeti, but that must stand at ca $1500 retail by now
Percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:37 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudukai13 View Post
You could get stock old Axial pins that come stock on any Axial SCX-10, AX10. Even the stock Traxxas slash, rustler, bandit, stampede will work also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
You can cut/file the ones that came in the kit down, I think its 1mm too long.

I had some spares from older Axials that fit.
Correct, that's exactly what I used some stock Axials I had laying around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC6R View Post
The stock pins work just fine with VP clamping hexes, I've had mine on and off several times.
You are right but I don't recommend using the stock pins because it puts a lot of stress on the pin during initial install, which could cause the pin to break during use (I have had this happen before). The VP hex was designed around the stock Axial Hex Pin not the longer pins used on the Yeti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percymon View Post
Wow - great Yeti, but that must stand at ca $1500 retail by now
Thanks, it has a bit of money but for me it well spent on quality parts that won't go bad on me during an event or race.

Quote:
SteveC6R answered this the Alloy Diff is a VP part.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:18 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the responses everyone! I'll use the stock drive pins for now as the hexes seem to be seating alright over them, once I get more into really throwing the truck around I'll look at getting some of the shorter SCX/AX10 drive pins for it.
Rudukai13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:13 PM   #32
BCK

I cannot find the alloy diff anywhere on their site????
Old 09-23-2014, 09:20 PM   #33
BCK

And sorry to be a pain, but would you have part numbers for the MIP shafts used in rear and centre??

I love your setup.

Cheers!
Old 09-23-2014, 11:05 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I cannot find the alloy diff anywhere on their site????
What part exactly are you trying to find? The aluminum diff cover? Aluminum Housing? The locker? I really don't know what you mean by the alloy diff.

Quote:
And sorry to be a pain, but would you have part numbers for the MIP shafts used in rear and centre??

I love your setup.

Cheers!
I posted the parts on post #18 here it is copied.

I went with a scx10 MIP set and MIP Spline CVD™ Bone, Traxxas Summit (1) #09169.

Old 09-25-2014, 05:49 AM   #35
BCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
What part exactly are you trying to find? The aluminum diff cover? Aluminum Housing? The locker? I really don't know what you mean by the alloy diff.
The polished alloy diff centre housing that contains the spiders gears and crown wheel, that the axle shafts connect to, in the rear diff housing of the car.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:38 AM   #36
Rock Stacker

I think you are talking about the locker right?

Axial Wraith Locker for SCX10 and AX10 Type Axles - Vanquish Products
TT17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:54 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The polished alloy diff centre housing that contains the spiders gears and crown wheel, that the axle shafts connect to, in the rear diff housing of the car.
TT17 just answered your question. There are no spider gears in the housing. It is just a spool also known as a locker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT17 View Post
I think you are talking about the locker right?

Axial Wraith Locker for SCX10 and AX10 Type Axles - Vanquish Products
Old 09-26-2014, 01:52 AM   #38
BCK

Aha. Got it.

That makes a lot more sense. i haven't seen a locker like that before, they either have a spool that replaces the internal gears or are a lot smaller than that setup.

Cheers for the clarification!
Old 09-26-2014, 10:55 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

Little Update on the Yeti!

Before I raced at the last U4 raced I upgraded the 3mm steering link turnbuckle from the servo horn to a Titanium Lunsford Turnbuckle using Traxxas 3mm GTR rod ends after seeing my buddy pull his out just turning the front tires back and forth then pulling the stock rod ends out (he's using a Futaba BLS157hv servo btw). It's much more beefier than the stock rock ends and steel turnbuckle. No problem at all works perfect and fits perfectly.

As for battery I used a Dynamite Reaction 5700mah 3s 80c hardcase battery. The reason why I picked this battery is because of it's high 80c discharge rate, 5c charge rate!!! (that means I can charge it at a max of 28.5amps), it's price was very reasonable, the fact it is a 3s Hardcase which not many companies offer, easy for me to get at my work, and the fact that deans plugs came was a nice plus. The battery fits perfectly in this rig with the battery top piece all the way up, pretty much this was the biggest battery that would fit this Yeti. Performance wise on the track the battery did awesome. I added a little bit of foam on the sides to make sure the battery doesn't slide side to side.

Also before the race I wanted to better support the motor before the plastic motor mount gives too much from jumping the rig. So I found a piece of foam laying around from a Traxxas car and shoved it between the motor and the tranny housing. It all seem to help and I have yet to strip out a spur gear.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:59 AM   #40
RCC Addict

Nice touch on the turnbuckle. I went with a Lunsford 4x35mm so I could use Revo ends.

Tags
axial, pham, tekin, vanquish, yeti

Pham's nissandriver24 Fully Loaded - Vanquish Products Axial Yeti Rock Racer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Badger's Axial Yeti Rock Racer disassembly thread badger Axial Yeti 193 09-02-2014 11:25 AM
Axial Racing & Vanquish Products present the ROCK RIOT Comp Series DORK VADER Videos! 13 03-20-2012 08:46 AM
Axial Racing & Vanquish Products present the ROCK RIOT 2.2 Comp Series DRIVNMF Competitions 61 03-15-2012 08:23 PM