Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Pham's nissandriver24 Fully Loaded - Vanquish Products Axial Yeti Rock Racer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Pham's nissandriver24 Fully Loaded - Vanquish Products Axial Yeti Rock Racer

Looks like a bunch of your pics went away.
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2014, 12:48 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Pham's nissandriver24 Fully Loaded - Vanquish Products Axial Yeti Rock Racer

Pictures are all back up
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:44 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

wow....this is a nasty build up....kickass job!!! now I really want to get a yeti!!
87yota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

very clean and nice mike when it expect anything less from u
hi its rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:05 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

I like the use of a MIP from the tranny to the front bulk head!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 05:15 AM   #46
Rock Stacker

Can someone plz explain me why you want to underdrive the front? Is this for crawling, trailing or bashing? I am going to upgrade to hardened gears myself and I am really lost at what gear set to buy...
Jigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 05:54 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

IMO if you are going to go fast, bashing or on a track, keep the gearing the same FR & RR. Stock 13/38 or Overdiven 14/36 best for speed.

I run Underdive FR & RR in my rig for trail work & light crawling and if I choose to go fast for a U4 race I can without an issue.

It makes no sense to me to have different gearing if you're going fast but people will do what they think is best for them.
gdb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Don't waste the money on over drive gears! They have half the gear mesh and last half as long! (Trust me!) Lol..

It was a different thread but, UD and stock HD gearing helps keep the rear in line..

If ur running big power you want the gears to last.. UD F/R will last longest.. Most gear mesh..
You may gear up at the motor to counter act any loss in speed doing this..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:46 AM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87yota View Post
wow....this is a nasty build up....kickass job!!! now I really want to get a yeti!!
Thanks, you should get one!!! It's such an awesome fun vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi its rick View Post
very clean and nice mike when it expect anything less from u
Thanks Rick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
I like the use of a MIP from the tranny to the front bulk head!
Thanks I figured since I already had the shafts laying around doing nothing better put them to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigs View Post
Can someone plz explain me why you want to underdrive the front? Is this for crawling, trailing or bashing? I am going to upgrade to hardened gears myself and I am really lost at what gear set to buy...
winnerone23 explanation is exactly why I went with under drive gears and nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Don't waste the money on over drive gears! They have half the gear mesh and last half as long! (Trust me!) Lol..

It was a different thread but, UD and stock HD gearing helps keep the rear in line..

If ur running big power you want the gears to last.. UD F/R will last longest.. Most gear mesh..
You may gear up at the motor to counter act any loss in speed doing this..
Exactly!
Old 12-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

Yeti update!!! This bad rig has taken home 3 trophies including 2nd place at the last UAR Championship Series and 2 U4 podium Finishes.

Tags
axial, pham, tekin, vanquish, yeti

Pham's nissandriver24 Fully Loaded - Vanquish Products Axial Yeti Rock Racer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Badger's Axial Yeti Rock Racer disassembly thread badger Axial Yeti 193 09-02-2014 11:25 AM
Axial Racing & Vanquish Products present the ROCK RIOT Comp Series DORK VADER Videos! 13 03-20-2012 08:46 AM
Axial Racing & Vanquish Products present the ROCK RIOT 2.2 Comp Series DRIVNMF Competitions 61 03-15-2012 08:23 PM