Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Been out of R/C for a while, bought a new yeti!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2014, 06:27 AM   #1

Default Been out of R/C for a while, bought a new yeti!

So it's been years since I've had a good RC. Apparently so long, that I had to start a new account on here! My last rig was a crawler clod, back when we still had to hand make about everything. The ready made stuff was just coming out, and this site was still just a couple of years old. Always had good info, so now I'm back!

Bought my new Yeti yesterday at hobbytown, got a deal since it was an open box. Loaded up with a couple of 2s lipos (didn't know it was 3s compatible yet, went looking for something else and fell in love with the scale looks). Ran a single pack through it last night, and promptly stripped the rear hub! (didn't do a pre-check, and the wheels were loose) No big deal, gonna stop later and get a new one, and order the ckrc kit when I get home.

I've been reading all morning, and getting tons of ideas on what all I want to upgrade, and I'm going to tear it all down and build it back up right. Couple of quick questions, what grease is everyone using in the trans? And what size bearing do I need for the steering? I may just get the aluminum shear posts, but for tonight I'd like to tighten up the steering some. Gonna grab some Traxxas links tonight, too, and maybe a better servo if they have one. Any preferences on the servo, by the way?

Looking forward to messing with this thing, and thanks for all the great info!
coldfuzion76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2014, 02:26 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Been out of R/C for a while, bought a new yeti!

I second the question about the bearings in the steering posts, i haven't been able to find that size, but i haven't torn into the steering yet!

to lock out the servo saver look here.

I am putting in a MMP and a tekin pro4 HD 3000kv, im going home to install that tonight.

you cannot go wrong with the vanquish hubs, they work great!
Googledit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #3
RCC Addict

5x10x4 to lock the servo saver.
8x5x2.5 for the steering posts.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I prefer hitec servos, 7955 is plenty for the yeti, but the 7950 is an absolute beast if you want to pay more. Both of these should be ran with a dedicated bec, another $20. Other than those high end options the stock servo has held up okay for me, if you can get some of the steering slop out it isn't half bad. The links should take care of a lot of the slop, the rest of the plastic will just have to be replaced over time
SoCal Crawlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 03:59 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Crawlr View Post
I prefer hitec servos, 7955 is plenty for the yeti, but the 7950 is an absolute beast if you want to pay more. Both of these should be ran with a dedicated bec, another $20. Other than those high end options the stock servo has held up okay for me, if you can get some of the steering slop out it isn't half bad. The links should take care of a lot of the slop, the rest of the plastic will just have to be replaced over time
If you run an RX8 GEN2 you don't need an external BEC!
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
If you run an RX8 GEN2 you don't need an external BEC!
And this is why I went rx8 Gen 2 over mmp.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #7

Thanks for all the info guys! Unfortunately the lhs doesn't have any parts for the yeti yet! I found some wheels and Traxxas adapters for the rear just to get me going. But bearings and links on the steering, too. Picked up a 3s battery while I was at it. Damn! I don't have enough yard, driveway, sidewalk or Street for a car this fast! Lol. Guess I'm still old school, but this things screams compared to everything I've ever had. Got a bit of a learning curve, for sure. Can't seem to keep it on four wheels. But I'll keep working on it. Now to order some more parts.... Stripped the spur somehow tonight. Guess I forgot to check the slipper. It's been too long. Lol.
coldfuzion76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Been out of R/C for a while, bought a new yeti! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti, Set, GO!!! FastEddy Bearings for the Axial Yeti FastEddy Axial Yeti 13 04-21-2015 07:33 AM
water yeti.. calling all yeti owners going2fast Axial Yeti 11 11-02-2014 05:43 PM
do you YETI? CKRC Hobbies CKRC Hobbies 0 09-09-2014 11:28 PM