Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Throttle cut out when turning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2014, 01:09 AM   #1

Default Throttle cut out when turning

Ok so today I had my esc replaced with a castle sidewinder 3 and also has a castle fan installed for the esc and another for the motor. When I got back home, I was running it out in the yard and when I turn, the throttle and servo kick out intermittently. I thought my battery might have been low. While I was charging the 3s battery I put in my 2s and everything ran perfectly. I just thought my 3s was going dead. When the 3s was fully charged, I put it back in and it done the same thing again. Anybody know what would be causing this. I threw in a buddy's venom 3s and it did the same thing. I made a post about this earlier but it was deleted by me by accident.
jayrod24ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2014, 01:36 AM   #2

Default Re: Throttle cut out when turning

Forgot to mention it has a savox sc 0251 servo
Old 10-30-2014, 04:19 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

It is likely the bec can't keep up on 3s. Try an external bec and see if it still happens.
cullen colapietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:12 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

X2 ^^^

Definitely needs an external bec. Castles internal bec is weak and you're using a voltage robbing little bugger of a servo.
gdb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:11 AM   #5

Ok. I'm new to all this. Which bec would you all suggest and since my ports in my receiver are all full, do I tie my fans into the bec or my servo?
Old 10-30-2014, 06:46 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Basic castle BEC
Castle Creations | CC BEC and CC BEC Pro

Use a receiver bypass adapter to have it power your steering servo only. Or a double to also include the fan.

Receiver bypass adapter, or u can make your own. Point is to run the ground and signal from the RX to the servo and keep the power run just between the bec and servo.
CreationFab - Other Plugs
RustenPaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:02 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

You can also lose the fans too...not necessary.
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:27 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysplits View Post
You can also lose the fans too...not necessary.
I would highly recommend keeping the esc fan at least. The sv3 is the same esc as the ae3 that came stock. They will over heat with a 550 motor in a big heavy 4x4 truck.

my ae3 will overheat in 5 min on 3s in the rock with stock gearing.

Last edited by the_ocho; 10-30-2014 at 01:34 PM.
the_ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I'm running my MMP on 6s and the fan doesn't even come on, but that's quite a different scenario.
cullen colapietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:35 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cullen colapietro View Post
I'm running my MMP on 6s and the fan doesn't even come on, but that's quite a different scenario.
haha yeah the MMP is a little better built than its cheaper counterpart.
the_ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 02:57 PM   #11

I'm gonna keep the fans. They've definately extended my run times before getting hot for sure. I ordered the no brainer bec before I seen any of these replies. Hopefully it will take care of my problem. I was going to replace my esc with another factory one but it was 109 bucks. Then I almost pulled the trigger on a castle mamba max pro sct motor and esc combo but not being waterproof kinda bugged me. Then i went with the fans which aren't waterproof but oh well. It is what it is.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:24 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Talking Re: Throttle cut out when turning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrod24ky View Post
I'm gonna keep the fans. They've definately extended my run times before getting hot for sure. I ordered the no brainer bec before I seen any of these replies. Hopefully it will take care of my problem. I was going to replace my esc with another factory one but it was 109 bucks. Then I almost pulled the trigger on a castle mamba max pro sct motor and esc combo but not being waterproof kinda bugged me. Then i went with the fans which aren't waterproof but oh well. It is what it is.

The fans are a must on 3s trust me....and the bec is the problem ..I run that setup and my motor did the exact same thing . Installed the castle bec..all fixed you will need to program the castle esc to 6.0v with the castle link. Well worth the effort with this servo!!
dasco is offline   Reply With Quote

Throttle cut out when turning - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
only cut tires. post up your cut tire photos evan03 Tires and Wheels 172 12-05-2021 07:54 PM
Dove cut, bobbed, cut, chopped, you name it its been threw it... California Raisin... Madjones Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 6 11-17-2014 09:07 AM
Help. Throttle controlling throttle and steering andneverexhale Electronics 6 08-21-2014 07:46 PM
axles start turning at different times when I engage the throttle J-Fish Electronics 5 02-02-2013 04:02 AM
*** proline flat irons to cut or not to cut you tell me *** Cmace23 Tires and Wheels 14 01-21-2012 12:33 AM