Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Yeti build question..?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Yeti build question..?

So I currently have an opportunity to buy a yeti chassis for $45. No arms, tranny, shocks, etc.... Just chassis and battery plate. Is it better to build it like this from the ground up with upgrades or buy a yeti for full price filled with stuff that will get replaced anyway. From what I've read in the forum, most guys end up replacing everything anyway (steering rack, a arms, shocks...) so I'm thinking I should get this and build with upgrades from the ground up as money allows it. Closest thing to a kit I guess since most of us would rather have a kit anyway. Thanks for your 2 cents guys
Jsouza1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Yeti build question..?

Rpp has them for 300 right now. As for replacing everything, not necesary but everybody has their own build style, driving habits and desires.

So far I have replaced very little and the rig is holding up fine and works well. Check my thread for details if you wish.

Building from scratch can be a great way also if you see the need for major changes.myself, I would run it stock, take what you read with a grain of salt, replace anything that doesnt live up to your needs and have fun doing it. But, that is me.....
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:55 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Yeti build question..?

Thanks for the input guys. And thanks for the offer dasco but if I get this chassis, I'm gonna run upgraded stuff, not stock. If I get it I'll start with upgraded shocks and probably rpm a arms or aluminum a arms. I already have a yeti xl so I can be patient building this. I have extra wraith axles so the only thing I'll really need is a tranny and front diff. Thanks guys. Gonna keep thinking about this. Wife is gonna KILL me
Jsouza1980 is offline   Reply With Quote

Yeti build question..? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The RCNetwork's Yeti Build! RichMTB01 Axial Yeti 172 12-17-2015 06:55 PM
Yeti front end question kili Axial Yeti 9 10-19-2014 05:54 AM
Yeti Ski's question Aebous Axial Yeti 4 09-30-2014 07:56 PM
Question for those with Yeti and Wraith A8ball Axial Yeti 3 09-03-2014 07:34 AM
Yeti Killer: How Would You Build It? MountainStorm General Crawlers 24 07-07-2014 09:25 PM