Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Millsous Yeti Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2015, 06:09 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Millsous Yeti Build

Currently waiting on a few parts. The servo horn that was sent was a 25t (I need a 24t....). I also ordered a full set of Advanced Metal Fab aluminum panels with an aluminum wheel mount... these things look sick. I have a werty made front bumper and a 1" vanquish light on their way as well.

Here's a link to the panels. They currently are selling on ebay but you can find the full set in their ebay store.

Advanced Metal Fab Side Panels

Last edited by Millsous; 01-12-2015 at 06:11 PM.
Millsous is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2015, 06:25 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombi View Post
I've got my eye on the RPP spur kit. For the internal trans gears you've used, can you post up the part numbers please?

I'm trying to make sure i can find the right ones here in the UK.
By the way, your truck is amazing. Where did you get the wire mesh? Also, what lights are you using that are mounted on the underside?
Old 01-13-2015, 12:13 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Thank you mate, appreciated the links and the compliment

The wire mesh was just some 1/10 scale alum mesh/grille I managed to find on eBay dirt cheap. It adds a really nice finish to the bonnet, although it's really get knock about a bit now.

The lights are Vanquish Q-Series:

Rigid Industries Q-Series LED Lights Black - Vanquish Products

They're incredibly bright as you might have seen from some of my pics. I have a build thread I'm running on a UK forum. I didn't run one on here as back in September the really skilled guys had all their threads running and had everything covered.

If you're interested, check it out. I have bits on waterproofing my Tekin gear and of course the Vanquish Q-Series installation and wiring. This is the latest with the lights and wiring, as I had to re-do it all.

Zombi's Axial Yeti - Page 9 - Rock Crawlers - MSUK RC Forum - Page 9

Hope it's useful to someone out there!
Zombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:36 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Some new parts came in today and with them, a new look.

First up, some proline shocks for the front.

Werty Made Bumper and Vanquish 1" light

STRC parts to beef up the front.

And some AVID bearings.

Shocks and STRC parts installed. All parts went on like a breeze and the fit and finish of the STRC parts is top notch.

The shock, I used the Proline Shock upgrade kit and Proline Purple Shocks.

Werty bumper and lights installed.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:42 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

Now for the new look!

Advanced Metal Fab panels. Found these bad boys on eBay sold by AMF. The finish on these are great, and that hood! Ooooh wee.

The side panels weren't designed to fit on the inside but they worked out pretty well.

Here's a link to their ebay page if anyone is interested.

Advanced Metal Fab
Old 01-14-2015, 10:04 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millsous View Post
Werty bumper and lights installed.

One thing about the light... When I was screwing on the decor bolts, I noticed the holes weren't quite right. The screws didn't want to fit and two bolts snapped. I was barely putting force on these.

Not sure how I can go about getting these out. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2015, 10:29 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Awesome build man, it looks so good. Pics look amazing too, which dslr you using?
JRapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:31 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRapid View Post
Awesome build man, it looks so good. Pics look amazing too, which dslr you using?

Last photos were my iPhone. The first photos are a Canon 6D with a Sigma 50 prime.

The wife decided to borrow the canon for work and left it. Will probably take some better shots of the body panels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2015, 04:13 AM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Was looking at those same panels. I will definately be buying those next. I thought bout spending the extra coin and getting the carbon fiber panel kit.
Baggednissan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 06:25 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Not sure how you're going to retrieve the remnants of those screws, they're too small to use a dremel on :s

I'd send an email to VP customer service and ask them for some advice on what to do, either to fix it or have the unit replaced; when i've dealt with them in the past they've been superb.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:21 AM   #31
Rock Stacker

Finished the rear panel this morning. I painted the panel with some aluminum primer and flat black rustolium. I left the tire mount raw for a bit of contrast.

I'm going to use a stock wheel for the tire rack, so a bit of doctoring is in order to give the bolt enough clearance to screw it down. I'll chop off the plastic hub tonight and it should fit fine.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:27 AM   #32
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombi View Post
Not sure how you're going to retrieve the remnants of those screws, they're too small to use a dremel on :s

I'd send an email to VP customer service and ask them for some advice on what to do, either to fix it or have the unit replaced; when i've dealt with them in the past they've been superb.
I sent them the photo and asked if I had any options. Hopefully their customer service comes through. I love their products, the fit and finish are great, but the light was a slight disappointment.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:29 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Fingers crossed for you, they really came through for me twice. I have one of those light bars too and it was all good, so I'm sure it's just a defective unit. Happens to the best of companies now and then.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:20 PM   #34
Rock Stacker

Wheel mounted on the back. Thinking I will need to get a stiffer shock/oil in the rear. A good bit more sag with the panels and wheel.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:56 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millsous View Post

Wheel mounted on the back. Thinking I will need to get a stiffer shock/oil in the rear. A good bit more sag with the panels and wheel.

How are you getting the rear body clips attached each time you put the body on? I was thinking of getting some plastic and drilling a hole through it to create another clip system for the rear deck lid as opposed to the screws
LoveMachined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:29 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Your rig looks fantastic! I love the OMF's Nice work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMachined View Post
How are you getting the rear body clips attached each time you put the body on? I was thinking of getting some plastic and drilling a hole through it to create another clip system for the rear deck lid as opposed to the screws
That is the beauty of a flip top lid, you rarely have to take the back off, and when you do removing the spare is no big deal
Cultus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:56 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

I also have some aluminum paneling on my trucks. I know you problably haven't driven it yet, but I'm interested to see how your paint holds up. It's always tough painting things on these because they get beat to death, then you have to clean it.. No matter what I do I still end up getting a couple scuffs.
JRapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:28 PM   #38
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMachined View Post
I have been giving this a bit of thought. As Cultus said, with the body being able to hinge, it's not that bit of a deal... but I may try and fabricate something that will alleviate that.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:29 PM   #39
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRapid View Post
I also have some aluminum paneling on my trucks. I know you problably haven't driven it yet, but I'm interested to see how your paint holds up. It's always tough painting things on these because they get beat to death, then you have to clean it.. No matter what I do I still end up getting a couple scuffs.
Well, I only painted the back panel, so I'm not overly concerned with it getting too scratched up. The tire should also help protect it. Overall though, I don't mind a few scratches here or there... these are meant to be driven!
Old 01-17-2015, 11:02 AM   #40
Rock Stacker

Took the yeti out for it's maiden drive today at a local park that's popular with the crawler folks in Charlotte. Finally got the camera back from the wife so I took it along for some quality shooting.

Overall, I think it did well, only glaring problem I see is it flips way too easily. Might have to get some new hubs to increase the width. I also need to get the electronics water-proofed so I can get a little sloshy.

Last edited by Millsous; 01-17-2015 at 11:05 AM.

Tags
omf, pit bull, tekin, vanquish, yeti

Millsous Yeti Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The RCNetwork's Yeti Build! RichMTB01 Axial Yeti 172 12-17-2015 06:55 PM
Yeti build question..? Jsouza1980 Axial Yeti 2 11-30-2014 12:55 PM
How's everyone gonna build their Yeti?? tcm glx Axial Yeti 89 10-17-2014 12:17 PM
Yeti Killer: How Would You Build It? MountainStorm General Crawlers 24 07-07-2014 09:25 PM
Millsous' Defender 90 build Millsous 1.5 Scale Rigs 12 03-25-2013 09:42 PM