Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: DLUX Swamp Squatch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2015, 10:07 AM   #301
RCC Addict

Default Re: DLUX Swamp Squatch

Ok....my neck is broke,my mind is smoked,my wallet is screaming for help!!! After reading this entire thread along with wheels7 it has gave me the YETI bug. The info on this thread is is amazing great work DickyT!

I do have a question for ya tho, what springs ya using f/r during video at the park? Also what diff gearing ud/od-f/r thanks in advance & i know my thread want be this worthy but i will post progress
sic1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2015, 11:00 AM   #302
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
DickyT,
Is the E\T-maxx Lunsford kit your suggesting PN LNS3801? Thanks for any clarification.
Yes that is them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic1to View Post
Ok....my neck is broke,my mind is smoked,my wallet is screaming for help!!! After reading this entire thread along with wheels7 it has gave me the YETI bug. The info on this thread is is amazing great work DickyT!

I do have a question for ya tho, what springs ya using f/r during video at the park? Also what diff gearing ud/od-f/r thanks in advance & i know my thread want be this worthy but i will post progress
Thanks! I am still using stock springs. 50wt oil fronts, 35 rear. Front end is standard gearing, rear is UD.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:27 PM   #303
RCC Addict

Before I press the pay now button with Dlux, it says locker out of stock with his front knuckles & ofna shafts combo. I have the Axial locker just wondering if you know or anybody knows(pm"d Erik) if the locker is modified in any way to accept his drive cups pictured on his site? If not im ready to get these bad boys on the way here!!!

As you can see its shakedown time for this nearly stock rig
Old 04-28-2015, 08:48 PM   #304
I wanna be Dave

The locker is unmodified as far as I know. Shoot Erik a PM just to verify, but you should be good to go.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:11 PM   #305
RCC Addict

I pulled the trigger its ordered already! I know he will make it right if he dont have a locker(like maybe a modded front housing)lol no really i cant wait to get it back together now that its down
Old 04-29-2015, 09:05 AM   #306
RCC Addict

So DickyT- Who can we talk into making a LCG chassis for this? Hint Hing Wink Wink Dlux......

In all honesty, I am wanting to build mine up as a trophy truck, and was really looking through it last night. I really cannot see a way to get much help in a LCG setup, as they battery and motor are the heaviest parts, and they are up high. I am sure with some thought though we can come up with something. I think removing that darn huge RX box is a start.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:22 PM   #307
RCC Addict

how about a traxxas 2wd front end or just take out the gut from the front end of the EXO, i wonder if that would work..and lock up the center diff...
Just my 2 cents.
rustneversleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:54 AM   #308
RCC Addict

Ok. I am busy taking my time building up this yeti I bought used, and should have some parts coming in today. I think the rear axle is going to get some love. I also bought a STRC bell crank.

DickyT- Did you ditch that beautiful VP steering-majiger for the entire STRC setup?
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 09:28 PM   #309
I wanna be Dave

Yeah Rick, I did. The VP piece is pretty, but the STRC piece fit their bell crank better.

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been laid up all week with a nasty stomach bug.

I finally broke something on the Squatch today during a stupidly abusive flogging. RIP revo rod end! lol

Tags
axial yeti, dlux, extra wide yeti, i pitty tha fool, kit, rtr sucks, support the vendors, yeti

DLUX Swamp Squatch - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
swamp kongs maui diesel Tires and Wheels 3 12-20-2006 03:54 PM