RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Yeti (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/)
-   -   DLUX Swamp Squatch (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/522982-dlux-swamp-squatch.html)

DickyT 01-20-2015 04:36 PM

DLUX Swamp Squatch

These Yeti things have had my interest peaked since they were announced. Having no need for the electronics of an RTR I waited for the kit. Maybe someday I'll get back to comp crawling too :twisted:

The DLUX Swamp Squatch parts list:

Axial Yeti Kit
DLUX EighteenZero8 Yeti rear axle
DLUX Knuckles - Aluminum
DLUX Ofna package (with OPEN DIFF!!! To try and break, in the name of new product!)
DLUX modded axle housing
DLUX rear truss
DLUX Ti rear uppers
DLUX Bulkhead
DLUX Ti sway bar link
DLUX ??????????? (something awesome in due time!)
UCfab Sway bar
UCfab Rear trailing arms
MMP + Pro 4 3300 (stolen from my Wraith)
Hitec 7950 (stolen from my Wraith)
DCW Kidney Bean 2.2 wheels with rock rings from RC4wd Python wheels.
CI Deuce's Wild foams
RPM A-Arms
STRC Shock tower
STRC C-Blocks
STRC Motor Mount
STRC Rear 4 Link Mounts
STRC Shock mounting plates
STRC Front skid plate/hinge-pin mount
STRC Rear cage stiffener
STRC Steering bell crank set
MIP Rear C-Drive
Locked Up FI Locker for rear
Dude Rangz
Gear Head white and blue six shooter
Gear Head rear KOH lights
Gear Head tow rope

Farmer 01-20-2015 04:51 PM

re: DLUX Swamp Squatch

Nice man, I'm doing the same thing as I type. I too hope to get back into comping. The Yeti has definitely sparked a interest again. I even stole my Pro 4 out of my wraith too:lmao: Nice to see you back sir"thumbsup"
Later,
Farmer

DickyT 01-20-2015 05:49 PM

Rock on Farmer, good to be back! This will be more of an assembly than a traditional DickyT "build, but the vendors seem to have so much for these that the build as we knew it is a thing of the past... I see the Yeti has brought a ton of new faces to the community too! Good times!

Erik D_lux 01-21-2015 10:22 AM

Nice to see you back, even if it is in the wrong section!

Do you still have your comp crawler?

DickyT 01-21-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 5120806)
Do you still have your comp crawler?

I still have all my gear, 2.2 pro, 1.9, and super! They need working motors and batteries, and the dlux super lite axles need some reassembly and perhaps parts replacements of stuff that may have been lost in the move. Also money for travel that I just don't have due to house and child expenses. Comp crawling ain't cheap!

This swamp squatch will give me the ability to give my wraith to my soon to be 4 year old as a first hobby grade RC so he and I can play together.

Baby steps for me due to funding issues, but I do hope to return to comping someday too! "thumbsup"

Thanks Erik, it's good to be back, and looking forward to the stuff I ordered from you for this toy :twisted:

DickyT 01-22-2015 10:24 AM

Re: DLUX Swamp Squatch

With the kit still in shipping, I got to talking like I used too in the good old days with one of everyone's favorite vendors Erik DLUX. Needless to say the planned path for the Swamp Squatch has veered off course before even arriving and will begin it's life as the DLUX Swamp Squatch. Parts list adjusted in the original post.

For those that don't know me, I am notoriously rough on my gear. Erik has previously joked with me that an item will be DickyT proof! That being said when my DLUX Ofna kit for the front end arrives it will have a special little item in there to durability test. I have been cleared for pictures from the moment I have that little goodie in my hands, as well as some follow up pictures after some 3300kv 3s abuse :twisted:

Hurry up delivery man... Just checked, the kit will be here this Saturday, but I had it shipped to work, so won't have it until Monday :roll:

Farmer 01-22-2015 11:10 AM

Sounds great man!!!! I just finished mine last night and drove it this morning. First impressions even with the snow on the ground are I love it it. Though I'm not impressed with how slow it is with the 3300 on 3s. Hoping the new batteries I just order will fix that. Not wanting to go 4s really.
Later,
Farmer

DickyT 01-22-2015 06:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nothing I can wrench on yet, but the first two packages arrived today!

Gomiband 01-22-2015 08:10 PM

Just a heads up running 4s is a guaranteed rebuild day in your future. See some of my posts for some of the damage I've done with light bashing. Even with heavy upgrades I end up snapping axles, hubs, steering etc every time I run 4s.

DickyT 01-22-2015 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gomiband (Post 5122716)
Just a heads up running 4s is a guaranteed rebuild day in your future. See some of my posts for some of the damage I've done with light bashing. Even with heavy upgrades I end up snapping axles, hubs, steering etc every time I run 4s.

The lipo is 3s, 5000 mah, 45c. No 4s here!

DickyT 01-23-2015 07:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Almost everything should be arriving today and tomorrow! With the exception of a few DLUX goodies which were agreed upon for this yesterday and should be here next week, and of course the kit it's self...

Tic Toc FedEx :evil: lol

Erik D_lux 01-23-2015 07:57 AM

I can hear the foot tapping from here!

DickyT 01-24-2015 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 5123166)
I can hear the foot tapping from here!

No kidding... More stuff has been delayed until Monday too... :evil:

A few goodies showed up today though. CI foams, STRC C's, shock tower, and rear hubs. Also update the original post with more stuff ordered from RPP today!

hobbez84 01-24-2015 03:34 PM

Looking forward to pics. Especially the front end "thumbsup"

DickyT 01-24-2015 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbez84 (Post 5124395)
Looking forward to pics. Especially the front end "thumbsup"

Thanks! As I promised Erik, I'll be using my good camera for those shots, not my iPhone "thumbsup"

DickyT 01-25-2015 01:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorting through my rc stuff that had not been unpacked since I bought a house over a year ago, I came across these gems today! Too bad the Yeti probably won't have room for them all. I might just find room to squeeze one or two in though!

DickyT 01-26-2015 08:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Grrrrrrrumble, grumble, grumble... I have had it with FedEx... I was ready to start wrenching tonight, but because the office was closed when they tried to deliver on Saturday, they said next business day. Next business day is today, but they did not put it on the truck today :evil: Oh well, I'll chalk this up to a good lesson in patience.

DickyT 01-26-2015 12:33 PM

My name is DickyT and I'm a Radio Control Addict...

Since I am having to play this waiting game, new stuff got the better of me. I just ordered a set of these from DCW:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2rettef.jpg

With a ring hole pattern to match the rings I had on my old Arocknid build:

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/...T/bronco/1.jpg

I'll be shipping Duuuuuuuude one of the rings tomorrow per his request, so he can get it just right "thumbsup"

DickyT 01-26-2015 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Yeti, like it's relative the Sasquatch continues to elude me... So do many Yeti parts that were supposed to be here Friday. A few more goodies did show up today though! Sh0rtbus, you will have a PM shortly with my paypal info for those SSD's

DickyT 01-26-2015 07:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It sure isn't much, but I finally got to rid myself of wrenching withdrawals. Sitting at my workbench staring at the feeble clues I have to find the elusive Swamp Squatch, it dawned on me that I could speed up the actual build time by about 10 minutes if I greased and assembled the MIP! Well that 10 minutes turned into and hour knowing I had nothing else to wrench on. This is probably the most meticulously put together MIP shaft ever. After assembly and putting the kid to sleep I spent another hour spinning rotating it full motion to make sure the greased was fully worked in... Maybe tomorrow I can at least catch a glimpse of the Squatch.