Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Locked-up Slipper Eliminator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2015, 02:15 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Question Locked-up Slipper Eliminator

Anyone tried this on the Yeti? Curious to know if it works and if there are any downsides to it. Worth it to have power at all times on the Yeti?
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2015, 02:36 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Locked-up Slipper Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0rtBus View Post
Anyone tried this on the Yeti? Curious to know if it works and if there are any downsides to it. Worth it to have power at all times on the Yeti?
That would depend on how you drive it. It is on my to get list as mine will be mostly crawled and slippers + crawling just don't work well. If you are just bashing it, or track running it, you would want a slipper to help protect drive line parts.

Edit: looking at it on his sight, that is for the scx10\ax10 tranny. Is there one for the Yeti yet?

Last edited by DickyT; 02-06-2015 at 02:43 PM.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:46 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
That would depend on how you drive it. It is on my to get list as mine will be mostly crawled and slippers + crawling just don't work well. If you are just bashing it, or track running it, you would want a slipper to help protect drive line parts.

Edit: looking at it on his sight, that is for the scx10\ax10 tranny. Is there one for the Yeti yet?
No idea. Thought maybe the one for the Wraith would work, but honestly, I'm not even sure of the compatibility of the slipper between the Yeti and the Wraith. I know the Yeti uses the dual slipper, but thought maybe it could be exchanged for the single in the Wraith.
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:56 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0rtBus View Post
No idea. Thought maybe the one for the Wraith would work, but honestly, I'm not even sure of the compatibility of the slipper between the Yeti and the Wraith. I know the Yeti uses the dual slipper, but thought maybe it could be exchanged for the single in the Wraith.
The tranny is different, the output shaft it different. It will need to be yeti specific as the way a slipper elimitator works it to have the spur mount 1 piece with the output shaft.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote

Locked-up Slipper Eliminator - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slipper Eliminator Kits now available! Locked Up Locked Up RC 15 06-02-2016 09:12 PM
Slipper eliminator Tru3Racing Axial SCX-10 6 03-15-2011 02:55 PM
slipper eliminator gear ??? joe daigle jr Team Losi Comp Crawler 6 12-15-2010 09:40 AM