Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Servo saver help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2015, 03:42 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Servo saver help

I finally gave up on waiting for the weather to clear up and waterproofed my servo and threw my yeti out in the snow. I had a blast, but I quickly ran out of steering. The snow was packing in on the front and my savox 1256tg was rendered useless by the stock servo saver.

I have heard something about using a emaxx spring, or someone was selling a delron lockout, or a bearing and shims, someone even had an aluminum sleeve. It would be nice to really tighten it up an not eliminate it, since I am mostly bashing right now, but I am not sure if that is really the best case right now. So my other best option seems to be a bearing and shims.

So my question is really what size of bearing and shims do I need to fix the servo saver? Yes I am being a little lazy, I just don't feel like tearing down the front of my yeti yet again. I also have seemed to gotten the top of the steering posts held in better then the bottom, so I have no idea how I am going to get the damn things out with out major disassembly.
Verboten77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2015, 04:47 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Servo saver help

I don't think there's much you can do about the snow. I'm in MD and been having the same prob. I tried the bearing mod and bent an alum servo horn, went back to the spring. Bent the horn bashing,not from the snow.
Briansshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:20 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Okay, I guess I will just have to deal with it, or try and look into the emaxx spring upgrade.

It handle fairly well in the snow that had gotten a little sun, that powder stuff it would bottom out. Running it has kinda made me want to lock up that front diff, I have always ran open diff 4x4 RCs so will have to find the pros and cons.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:49 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Blue Monkey spool in the front of mine. Like it, although it can be a handful at high speed. Great for crawlin,and the snow.
Briansshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 06:18 PM   #5
RCC Addict

The bearing mod worked just fine for me. When I installed the HR bellcranks I didn't use a bearing because it seems that the HR spring is stiffer plus I didn't want to strip the aluminum screws trying to get it together. DCW makes a Delrin lockout, check the vendor section.
SteveC6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:09 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I ordered some Traxxas 500K diff fluid and the E-Maxx servo saver. I will see how they work. Since my yeti is more geared towards high speed I don't really want to totally lock up the diff or steering. When I start my wrait I will do that then

Servo saver help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
servo saver powerstroketd Newbie General 9 10-28-2012 11:09 PM
servo exploded today....and servo saver? SinCity Axial SCX-10 10 01-18-2011 08:20 AM
!@#$% Servo Saver!!! Bukwylde Tamiya Clod Buster 1 04-07-2010 04:05 PM
Servo Saver for large scale servo.. Lunchboxer Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 1 05-11-2006 10:17 AM