Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Few questions for Axial Yeti 1/10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2015, 09:33 PM   #1

Default Few questions for Axial Yeti 1/10

Hi,
I got myself a Axial Yeti as my first RC vehicle and so far I'm loving it! But i got a few questions on it since i am a newbie and still learning!

1. What size lights will work in the rear light buckets and is there any kit i could get for it?

2. Are there any upgrades i should get/do for it right away?(running a 3S lipo)

Those are basically my main questions as of now. If you guys have any other suggestions I would be more then happy to hear about it!!

Thanks
Dirt_Roden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2015, 10:16 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Few questions for Axial Yeti 1/10

1. 5mm LED lights - I have my lights wired to a Hobbyking AUX controller. Dr Throttle something or other. It's a BEC and lets you push a button to turn lights on or off. Must wire yourself. No ready kit.
2. Get the steering rack from vanquish or Hot Racing. I got the HR one, and locked my servo saver by squishing the spring on top of a bearing. Check the vendors section for a made to fit fix. I think Duuuuude makes one?

That's all I've really done.

I have a 1/8 scale sensored motor and an MMP esc. I like the combo a lot. Assuming you have the RTR Yeti, that may be an upgrade worth looking into.
robertjpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:27 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

As far as lights, I just installed the Axial NVS (Night Vision System, AX24251) in my sons 1:10 Yeti & it works well. It's a sort of expensive light kit, as it comes in around $100 retail, but you get:

4 amber turn signals that work (blink when you turn)
2 red brake lights that work (brighten when brakes or reverse are applied)
2 white headlights
4 or 5 extra white lights
Light control box

If you go that route, I recommend also getting the Axial light lens kit (AX80049) so that you can put lenses over the rear lights.

It's fairly simple to install and doesn't require any soldering, but it takes time. It took me about 2 hours to get it installed and running, and I don't have it dialed yet, but it works. I put the light control box inside the Yetis fuel cell and ran the wires from there. I had to make a few small cuts on the fuel cell to get everything in there.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjpjr View Post
1. 5mm LED lights - I have my lights wired to a Hobbyking AUX controller. Dr Throttle something or other. It's a BEC and lets you push a button to turn lights on or off. Must wire yourself. No ready kit.
2. Get the steering rack from vanquish or Hot Racing. I got the HR one, and locked my servo saver by squishing the spring on top of a bearing. Check the vendors section for a made to fit fix. I think Duuuuude makes one?

That's all I've really done.

I have a 1/8 scale sensored motor and an MMP esc. I like the combo a lot. Assuming you have the RTR Yeti, that may be an upgrade worth looking into.

For the rear led lights would i need to get light buckets as well?
Dirt_Roden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:07 AM   #5
RCC Addict

This heyok kit will drop right in the yeti/exo light bar you have.
HeyOK KOH and Brake Light Controller with LEDs

You don't need any other buckets, they're part of the light bar. The parts tree the light bar comes off will have 4 little "paddle" shaped clips that retain the led in the housing, you may have spare or have to source some small screws to hold them, M2x6 I think they are.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:05 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I would recommend the HD gears on 3s. I got the VP rack and wow what a difference!! Also put the 70mm (blue) springs up front and blue in back also with 40wt. I am just a general basher though. Also broke a stock caster block pretty fast put HR on caster and steering haven't had a problem.
Wilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:18 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

knuckles and steering arms.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote

Few questions for Axial Yeti 1/10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti, Set, GO!!! FastEddy Bearings for the Axial Yeti FastEddy Axial Yeti 13 04-21-2015 07:33 AM
Yeti Kit Questions Stickx Axial Yeti 13 04-16-2015 10:14 AM
Yeti Located - Axial Yeti bashing eunique Scale Videos! 0 02-12-2015 08:42 AM
Yeti XL Questions KauseKaos Axial Yeti XL 16 01-09-2015 11:48 PM
Yeti Located - Axial Yeti bashing eunique Scale Videos! 0 01-09-2015 02:10 AM