RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Yeti (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/)
-   -   Receiver for Yeti and Transmitter Compatibility (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/545877-receiver-yeti-transmitter-compatibility.html)

Ahod39 09-28-2015 01:17 PM

Receiver for Yeti and Transmitter Compatibility

Hey all!

Finally just pulled the trigger on a 1/10 Yeti kit after having a blast working on my SCX10 for a few months. Going to be running a brushless set up and hopefully using a 3S battery.

With my SCX10 I received a Tactic TTX300 transmitter, which for my purposes has been excellent.

Can I use this same Transmitter, barring some trim/setting adjustments, or do I have to get another transmitter for the new car?

Is the Transmitter mated to the receiver when you turn them on in sequence nearby?

Also looking for a good recommendation on a 3-channel receiver under $80.00. The "AR-3" that came on my SCX10 was great, but looks like it's a rebranded one from another company and I can't buy it through my dealer!

Thanks for the help, stoked to get going on this new project.

downundercrawler 09-28-2015 03:02 PM

Re: Receiver for Yeti and Transmitter Compatibility

If you buy a compatible receiver you will be able to bind it to your transmitter.
The issue will be that the yeti receiver is in a waterproof housing requiring 4 screws to access each time you want to bind.
Depends how often you want to change trucks I guess.
Also, sometimes you can buy a transmitter / receiver combo for a few dollars more than the receiver alone.

robertjpjr 09-28-2015 08:36 PM

look at hobbyking.com or hobbypartz.com

The Turnigy / Flysky stuff it good enough for what I need. It's all I use.

GT3B and the GT3C

You can also buy them from a vendor on here called Losikid

He hacks them and they become extremely capable.
I've got 2 Turnigy GT3B's and I got the hack kit. I can run 8 channels if I wanted to.

All under your $80 price point.

StatGSR 09-29-2015 11:23 AM

If you like your tactic, you could buy another TTX300 with an RX for $40.
TowerHobbies.com | Tactic TTX300 3-Channel SLT System

gman350 09-29-2015 01:08 PM

FWIW the AR-3 receiver that came with my RTR Yeti looks a lot like the little FlySky GR3 series RX's I buy for $7-8 on ebay.

It (the AR-3) bound to my FlySky GT3C transmitter.

Which is nice because the GT3C is a 3-channel TX, also supports multiple models so you don't have to re-bind when you switch from one vehicle to another, just select different model on the screen.

I haven't tried yet, but I'll bet you could bind a GR3 series FlySky RX to the AX-3 Axial TX.