Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: New to the forum. This is my Yeti

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2016, 05:26 PM   #1

Default New to the forum. This is my Yeti

Two weeks ago I bought a Yeti SCORE Trophy Truck because after having a Slash 4x4 vxl, I was interested in seeing the difference with a solid rear axle. After driving it around for a bit I have now decided to put my Trophy truck body for sale (PM if interested in buying lol) and convert it to a normal Yeti so here it is. It's fairly stock but so far it's been an incredible truck.
I made some fender panels because i thought it would look better having that area closed off.

Also added a Slash bumper I had laying around and bought some vanquish knuckles after driving it into a tree and breaking the stock ones. I'm running the stock rear springs up front.

Painted my diff cover and truss and made some corner guards for the cage

For the rear shocks I am using the factory front springs along with some stock rustler springs. Seems to be working fine but I don't know much about suspension tuning lol. Also have a a MIP driveshaft there after breaking the factory one in 20 minutes.

I have an STRC motor mount on the way as well as a ESC fan since its been shutting off due to heat.
g04lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2016, 01:36 AM   #2

Default Re: New to the forum. This is my Yeti

esc fan is a good idea my kit yeti used to over heat with a similar castle esc and a 3190 kv motor,

i see that you've buckled your lower links, i'd look into the lower-link plates if i were you, but you could just replace the whole link
alot of guys will tell you to replace the link with aluminium or titanium or whatever, personally i like that the end will fail on a plastic/plate one, but with metal the force goes to the mounting point,
Jubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:54 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New to the forum. This is my Yeti

That actually looks really cool with the TT's wheels, almost like it's a 1.9 Yeti. I might do that with the kit (or RTR) I get...
Wes S. is offline   Reply With Quote

New to the forum. This is my Yeti - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti, Set, GO!!! FastEddy Bearings for the Axial Yeti FastEddy Axial Yeti 13 04-21-2015 07:33 AM
New French rc crawler - trial forum / Nouveau forum francophone SilverRidge Outside the US 11 06-30-2011 06:58 AM