Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Yeti kit front suspension travel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2016, 07:27 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Yeti kit front suspension travel

I have no idea what it is but I have vanquish link set on front with axial cvds and I have no upwards travel
Mitchell72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2016, 07:38 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Yeti kit front suspension travel

Have you tried removing the cvds and cycling the suspension? Which hole on the caster are you using? It sounds like the shafts are jamming. Can you post a pic?
shiftauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:11 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

With the cvds removed I have full cycle and with them in I have full cycle but the last 3 quarters of An inch I'd say of upwards travel you have to mash kinda hard to get it there
Old 04-08-2016, 08:24 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Which hole are you using on the caster for the upper link? My rtr used the outer hole but when I put the VP casters in I had to use the inner hole to avoid any binding on the shafts. There's also a lil rubber bushing/grommet in the output shaft you can remove but I think you only want to remove it if using the VP vvds.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:07 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I have them outer hole
Old 04-08-2016, 10:21 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

You can try the inner but your camber may be off and the VP links won't allow adjustment. I went with the traxxas turnbuckles for that exact reason. Maybe someone with a lil more knowledge about the rubber bushing will chime in. I took mine out when I installed the vvds. Have you searched the forum @ all?
Old 04-09-2016, 07:51 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I've searched as I had this problem with my last yeti kit but I adjusted the turnbuckles
Old 04-09-2016, 09:59 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Where and what are you searching for? Have you looked at other builds with a simalar parts? If you could post pics you would get a lot more help.
ninja turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 11:27 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

My upwards travel on the front is binding, the cvds are binding when you push up... Pretty much my front suspension travel stops going up at level with the chassis
Old 04-09-2016, 11:33 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Have u switched the mounting hole for the upper link yet???

Last edited by shiftauto; 04-09-2016 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Wrong word
Old 04-09-2016, 12:01 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I had the same problem and i have the titanium front links and castor & knuckles up front from Vanquish and had to use a little bit of positive camber to remove binding issue with kit CVD's. The problem for me now is when i fully compress the front shocks the CVD will bottom out first, looks like they are 1-2 mm to long. It was even more worse with Vanquish shock adjuster so i decided just to remove it.

Try to screw the end rods a bit outward to fix it.
Haziza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 12:35 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

The front cups coming from the differential have a little rubber bushing in them. i removed mine to work with the VP vvds. I have the VP casters knuckles and vvds, traxxas turnbuckles, strc Shock tower, and proline shocks. Have full travel no binding issues @ all. I've read about 2 different length cvds on here so yours may be too long. If you pull the rubber out and get no binding I think your answer is the length of the shafts....what haziza said would help too but I think your going to have camber/caster issues if you lengthen the rod ends too much.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:39 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I switched the mounting whole on the castor and that helped it
Old 04-10-2016, 09:18 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell72 View Post
I have no idea what it is but I have vanquish link set on front with axial cvds and I have no upwards travel
Exactly the same situation as my Yeti's universal shafts. My (any many other Yeti owner's) chassis would not come in contact with the ground. I took the universals out of the equation and all of the Yeti's suspension components had more than enough space/travel to allow the chassis to slap the ground if need be. I went ahead and re-installed the universals to amuse myself...maybe I screwed up the build somehow. I check that the bearings were seated fully and got the universal joints back on. Once again, the ball end of the shafts would bottom out in the differential output shaft/cups when trying to get the Yeti's chassis to touch the ground.

Guys/gals would grind down the ball end of the shafts to try to shorten them (not so good results with this) or they would put rubber grommets/limiters on the shock shafts to limit suspension arm travel. That's not good enough of a problem solved for me. If I'm gonna jump and beat this great Axial flying pig, I expect I'll be coming down hard on the chassis at some point after launching. Without limiting the travel some how, I have no doubt my kit's 94mm universal shafts will end up like everyone else's mangled mess.

My only thought to the cheapest possible solution was to run the Yeti RTR's dogbones & front axles. So far so good
RustyUs is offline   Reply With Quote

Yeti kit front suspension travel - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
yeti kit build issues - front diff littlebuddha Axial Yeti 5 04-18-2017 03:17 AM
Yeti with very little front suspension travel coreyfro Axial Yeti 7 06-26-2015 10:22 AM
Yeti kit front differential issues OhioSuperSport Axial Yeti 14 01-26-2015 09:02 AM
G6 kit front suspension issue? idaho General Crawlers 5 02-11-2014 06:27 PM
Long Travel BMRC/MIP CVD front suspension photon_trap Vaterra Twin Hammers 40 09-30-2013 04:24 PM