Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Shock tower to shock tower carbon fiber chassis brace

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2016, 12:48 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Shock tower to shock tower carbon fiber chassis brace

Designed a pretty cool full carbon fiber chassis brace for the Yeti. Along with the Ti sub-frame struts, this thing is stout! Plus it's super light. I don't have a scale, but it's probably about the same weight as a set of steering links?

Double shear top of the brace integrated into a carbon strut brace. I taped the bolt there to show how deep the 40mm shock mount screws are threaded into the strut brace.

Underside of the strut brace showing the laminated carbon fiber plates epoxied to the CF tube so that it will never move.

Different view of the double sheared link.

If the car needs worked on and the brace is in the way, you only have to remove two nuts and it swings up and totally out of the way or remove one more screw in the rear to remove it all together.

Made a couple CF rear shock mount plates while I was at it.

This was all made with a Dremel and drill, so pretty much anyone could make it. I could have made it with two CF tubes running from the two shock towers, but it doesn't need the extra tube and I would have lost the double shear link setup on top of adding weight. I also want the brace to deflect and act like a spring absorbing the shock loads from a crash, acting like a spring. I needed a brace because I actually bent the center shaft from a wicked cartwheel crash at about 50mph. It won't do that again

Last edited by Crazykev; 04-23-2016 at 01:17 AM.
Crazykev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Shock tower to shock tower carbon fiber chassis brace - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY Shock Tower Brace tonyfalkon Axial Yeti XL 23 10-05-2015 06:31 PM
Xtreme Racing Carbon Fiber front shock tower Verboten77 Axial Yeti 2 03-10-2015 10:33 PM
Shock tower brace - needed? davway G-Made Crawlers 1 09-11-2010 08:28 PM