Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Axial Yeti SCORE or Traxxas Slash??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2016, 05:57 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Axial Yeti SCORE or Traxxas Slash??

Or you could save yourself $50 by getting something more scale and better performing with better materials and design.
Attached Images

SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2016, 09:35 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
Or you could save yourself $50 by getting something more scale and better performing with better materials and design.
Oh you've driven one? Do tell.
Dbdynsty25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:10 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Well, $50 cheaper is just fact. More scale? Just look at both. Better performing? The fact that it has AVC is an advantage even if everything else was equal. Better materials and design? Again, look and read for yourself. IMHO, the Yeti TT is nothing more than a Yeti with an ill fitting, ugly body that was made to refresh the Yeti truck. It handles poorly, has horrible steering, requires many upgrades to make it reliable, and still couldn't compete with other trucks of this size in stock form. I keep on hearing, go with the Yeti TT for scale. I'm sorry, for me scale doesn't mean anything if the truck is a turd. I built a Yeti with a ton of money, time, tuning, research, testing and found myself regretting every last bit of it. I know there's plenty on here that love there Yetis but for the life of me I just can't understand why. My only thought is that they just haven't compared it to anything else. To answer your question, yes. I've driven a Yeti and a Yeti TT and am positive that anything would perform better. As soon as I can get my hands on a Losi Baja Rey, I will confirm this but you don't have to be psychic to see the slew of comparisons coming on these two trucks that will leave the Yeti TT with many second place finishes.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:43 AM   #24
RCC Addict

I get what your saying SCREAMER but there really isnt anything else to compare it to until the Baja Rey comes out. No one else makes a truck with this set up. So as of now its like being in a league of its own. Its not meant to compete with slashes, sc10's, etc etc. I just take it for what it is. Yes its heavy and doesnt perform like the others but i dont think it was meant to do that. I have the yeti score with some upgrades and i like it. I will also own the baja rey when it comes out and im hoping more companies just on the TRUE trophy truck category. It would be fun to see tracks have this class in the near future. Just my $.02
ser3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:59 AM   #25
RCC Addict

I meant to say, i hope more companies jump on the TRUE rc trophy truck category.
ser3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 02:32 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

thanks for the inputs, I know the yeti and the slash are not meant to be on the same level to be compared...
and the more I think about it and as I read your comments and other users' comments on here, the more I figure out what I am wanting from this truck!

I may also be waiting for the Baja Rey to come out...
Thanks
slimfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:15 AM   #27
Rock Stacker

I own both, the Yeti Score TT and a Slash 4x4. As others have said, two *completely* different trucks. The Score TT is more realistic, and drives more realistically. It can take a good beating too. Also, as others have said, it's my model truck, I put scale goodies on it, but also have a second body to go drive with.

The Slash on the other hand, is nearly unbreakable. But will break stub axle shafts on a regular basis. it's the trucks Achilles heal. The Slash can be made into a track racer, albeit not a great one (I tried). Parts are also easier to come by. I will also add that the radio the Slash comes with is crap, you'll want to buy a better one. Trust me on that. Even if it has TSM.

But, in the end, I get much more enjoyment out of driving the Score TT out in the open desert., the yard, the street, or whatever. The way it drives is just more enjoyable.
yellowdatsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:19 AM   #28
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
And WAY less aftermarket support.

Also, watch the videos, the Baja Rey bounces around, and doesn't absorb the terrain like the Score TT. The Rey drives like a Slash.
yellowdatsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:59 AM   #29

I have both trucks love them both they are great trucks.
Silver2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:03 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Thanks again for all your inputs, right now my purchase is on hold due to money going into another rig right now ..

I would love to see some pics of yours Yeti if you do not mind ...

Thanks a lot!

PS yes I think I will go for the yeti as it looks more scale also in the way it runs..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
slimfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:08 AM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimfire View Post
I would love to see some pics of yours Yeti if you do not mind ...

Dbdynsty25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:25 AM   #32

I race slashes all day with my rtr yeti 380 running 3s. I can tell you that if I could drive, I'd beat them. I don't run AVC, although I could, and they run the traxxas version that starts with a T. Spektrum was the first upgrade. I don't regret it. Back to the original subject. Which truck you buy should really depend on the terrain available to you. I have to run on a clay track, or a really bad u4 course. If i run the u4 course, I'm guaranteed to be driving alone, since everyone I know drives a slash. My Yeti eats up the clay track, which is full of rain ruts at full throttle with 3s. It disturbs the slash guys to watch my chassis floating down the track, while their stability control slows them down so they don't crash. If they drove without stability control the Yeti would, and has spanked them. There is a short course track close to here that's well manicured. I won' t dare show my face there. That place is setup for SCT's. I don't belong. I'm still a noob, but I don't regret buying my Yeti. I drove the Score, and I'm glad I didn't buy it. With minimal tuning I can see the Yeti catching up. The traxxas is great if you just want to drive, but if you're a tinkerer, you'll want the yeti. I don't know about the Losi, but it looks pretty bad ass. We joke about it, but if you know anything about multirotor stuff, you'll get why we call the slash the DJI Phantom of the rc truck world.
robojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:28 AM   #33
RCC Addict

Beacause they're everywhere and they do a lot of everything and nothing really great?

I'd go with the Yeti (or wait for the Baja Rey) or something other then a Slash. I personally run Tekno for SCT but a SCTE wouldn't be a bad choice either. You can get a used first gen Tekno SCT410 for a great deal so I would go that route if you want a SCT. Parts might be harder to come by but the thing is a tank.
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:51 AM   #34

The guy that dominates the clay track runs a Losi scte. He can drive too though. I caught him a couple of times. There is an s-turn I'm trying to get a handle on without drifting too much. I'll get him soon, or go 4s. I design miniquads for racing, so I have no respect for power.
robojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial Yeti SCORE or Traxxas Slash?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Score Yeti kit Release Breat 1.8T syncro Axial Yeti 36 04-19-2016 06:49 PM
Theibault's Axial yeti Score Trophy Truck Thread Theibault Axial Yeti 8 03-04-2016 06:00 PM
Axial Yeti and Score Park Pash RcBro Videos! 0 02-21-2016 05:53 PM
Axial Yeti Score Bearing Kits now availavle from FastEddyBearings.com FastEddy Axial Yeti 0 10-15-2015 07:50 AM