Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: OHOs Axial Yeti RTR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2016, 04:10 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: OHOs Axial Yeti RTR

Went out today with the Yetis, ended up seriously bending one of my axles and ripping one of the newly fitted trailing arms out.
I was sending it off a bit of a stupid jump into a pile of rocks though, I'm amazed the chassis didn't snap to hear some of the landings, real eye waterers lol!
I will upload some pictures at a later date, possibly some video too if any of the little clips I got are worth editing.
Having a lot of computer troubles at the moment though, so not sure if I'll get any editing done until I've either fixed this one or bought another.
This is how the rod end looked after 3 jumps into these rocks anyway, not to mention the deep grooves in the trailing arm itself... Maybe it was a bit of a stupid thing to do lol.

Oh How Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2016, 09:57 PM   #22

Default OHOs Axial Yeti RTR

The way I see it, if something broke fun was had!

Nice pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeb. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 11:02 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Here's some footage we got yesterday of the Yetis bashing around.
It was the first time my Dads used his in anger, he ran it the other day for a very brief while, but this was the first proper run for him.
Ended up breaking mine as you'll see at the end of the video.
Also some photos I got from the bash too.
Hope you enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v38r...ature=youtu.be

Old 09-28-2016, 11:03 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb. View Post
The way I see it, if something broke fun was had!

Nice pics!

Ohh yeah, it was definitely fun, although it's usually more fun not to break something, but the rod end is now replaced and fresh axles are ordered
Old 09-30-2016, 05:39 AM   #25

Man those are some amazing shots. Love the scenery! Glad to see you and your Dad having fun.

jeb. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 03:48 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb. View Post
Man those are some amazing shots. Love the scenery! Glad to see you and your Dad having fun.

I do love some photography, so I get very into it
Old 10-05-2016, 09:38 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Here's some footage and pictures from yesterday, out with both Yetis and the Summit.
Great day was had all round.
This was really a testing experiment with my Nikon to see how different settings did different things and such, also tried different angles and even sat it on the Summit!
So it's not perfect, but it's really just a testing video for myself, but I thought I'd share anyway because it came out quite nice
I would highly value some feedback on the video as a whole.
This was shot at 1080p 50FPS on a Nikon DSLR... I'm sure my editing software is killing the quality a bit when I'm exporting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27vG...ature=youtu.be

Old 10-05-2016, 02:04 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Wow that terrain looks amazing. Some day I'll have to get back to the UK. I wonder if Yetis can herd sheep...
DeviledEggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:30 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

In a word yes... Mine has... Literally, not into a pen, but me and my mate were having some fun with some sheep, there was probably around 40-50 or so, the Yeti did excellently giving them some exercise lol!
And yup, we do have some good places, it's a shame it's not a little more local so we could go there a bit more, but it's still good to get there once or twice a month
Old 10-13-2016, 07:09 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Well, we took the Yetis out for a bit of an impromptu bash, I had a rather nasty landing before the camera was turned on and completely snapped my axle housing, I show it early on in the video, so you know the reason one of the Yetis is failing at most stuff is because I was running in 3 wheel drive, with a live front axle, I had very little drive at all.
I kept it going though, my motto is, if it will still move, I'll still beat on it.
Didn't break anything else on the day thankfully, which is surprising with the fall my Dads Yeti took at the end, that drop is bigger than it appears on the camera due to being so zoomed in, the depth of field is deceiving, these Yetis keep on surprising us with what they will do and the kind of beating they will take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Cm...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-28-2016, 01:45 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

I thought I'd make a slightly different video today, I decided I wanted to repaint my Axial Yetis interior, for several reasons, mainly to make it look a bit different and also to make it easier for myself and my Dad to tell them apart when bashing, but also to take the shine away and make it stand out a little more at a distance.
I decided I'd film while I was doing it, just for something different to add to my channel, plus it might help someone along the way, which is always a good thing.
I'm really interested to get feedback on this, as this is my first time making this kind of video, so any comments at all, good or bad, are very welcome, I hope to make some more 'bench' videos, whether it's modification, repair, paint or whatever else, so any feedback people can give would be highly appreciated!
I already know I could have spoken a bit more fluidly, but I wasn't too well prepared, it was a bit on the fly, so that is already noted from watching the video back myself.
Hope you enjoy the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKHt...ature=youtu.be
Old 11-07-2016, 07:31 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

Had some problems yesterday with my Yeti not wanting to move... Electrics weren't hot and the battery wasn't dead.
Discovered this lot round the prop shaft, it was wound round so tightly, it was creating too much resistance for the non sensored electrics!
I think I need to trim this afro down a bit!

Old 11-26-2016, 01:07 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Another video of the Yeti, this time, making an attempt to bob for apples LOL!
I could really use some more subscribers and shares and stuff, hopefully to help build up my channel and get more ideas for better videos for you guys to watch, if you subscribe and share the video/channel, I'd be eternally greatful!
Enjoy my latest addition with the Yeti, I have more to come when I get to editing them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2p1f3w4-4Y
Old 12-07-2016, 09:23 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

Here we go chaps, some bash footage with our Yetis, testing out my new GoPro Hero 3+ Black... Thought I'd upload the footage anyway, it's not great, but worth a watch I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8xs9brrwnI
Old 12-12-2016, 12:13 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Both the Yetis out the other week actually, forgot to sort this footage out!
Thankfully got round to it, I think it came out decent, some nice slowmo and water splashing, which I'm a sucker for lol.
Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBbt...ature=youtu.be
Old 12-15-2016, 08:12 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh How Original View Post
Both the Yetis out the other week actually, forgot to sort this footage out!
Thankfully got round to it, I think it came out decent, some nice slowmo and water splashing, which I'm a sucker for lol.
Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBbt...ature=youtu.be
cool videos... I notice you do a lot of front end dive bombing. It pretty easy to get these things to stop doing that. Seems as though you are letting off the throttle every time you jump. Try letting off before a jump and stabbing the throttle in the air.
Lavaheadache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:34 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Ohhh, good times ahead, thanks to Oscar, I finally pulled my finger out and got my Yeti fixed, rebuilt the rear axle with the SSD extensions and some new serrated wheel nuts, to hopefully hold them on better.

And also fitted some new alloy knuckles and castor blocks, only eBay China specials, but we'll see how they hold up in comparison to the plastic.

Also ordered Vanquish titanium turnbuckles as I've noticed excessive play and the Vanquish Antirock swaybar

I had a little help ;)

Old 01-17-2017, 01:56 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

I know most of us probably do our own RC maintenance, but I thought I'd take the opportunity while switching from standard AR60 axle, to an SSD extended axle, to video the process and show those who aren't so confident, that it's not hard and you gain experience, it can also be fun.
Just to be clear, in case you don't check the video description, I put the diff in backwards on purpose, I was meant to talk about how easy it is to lose track when you've flipped your RC over and something to watch out for, unfortunately, I completely forgot to talk about it!
I'm only 6 away from 150 subscribers now, which I set as a goal, I'd really really appreciate it if you'd hit the subscribe button and even like/share my content!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yzd...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-17-2017, 04:21 PM   #39
Rock Stacker

subscribed
rcbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:31 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

Another install video here on my Yeti, again, I know a lot of us do our own already, but figured if it helps just one person then it was worth the time it took to make it (longer than expected!)
I'd also really like to hear some feedback, for those who watched part 1, which you found easier to follow.
In this one, I don't talk, it's all on screen prompts when I felt they were needed.
I'd love some feedback on it, good or bad, please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ons4...ature=youtu.be