Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: OHOs Axial Yeti RTR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2017, 07:31 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

Default Re: OHOs Axial Yeti RTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbasser View Post
subscribed
Thanks, I appreciate that
It's too bad the video thumbnails don't show up on this forum :(
Oh How Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2017, 07:56 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

Yeti is back on 2.2s, the Vanquish rims looked damn good (in my opinion) but the tyres just weren't tall enough, the tread pattern is also amazing for rocks, but not much cop for what the Yeti will do, so back to stock, for now... Thankfully, I had a helper while I was rebuilding the stock wheels and tyres and she helped fit them

I'm not keen on the stock wheels, so I shall be on the lookout for some 2.2 wheels, or some big beefy 1.9 tyres for my SSD wheels, I'm not 100% decided yet.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:29 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Some 2.2 Mickey Thompsons have been purchased and are énroute!
And just for fun, my little lady friend here wants to get some opinions, yay or nay on the orange Hot Racing diff cover?

Unfortunately, my ESC has blown, contacted Axial, who told me to contact CML, who have been very unhelpful, I also contacted Castle directly and didn't even get a response.
It's great living in the UK lol!
Customer service is usually awful!!
Old 02-09-2017, 01:35 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

I wasn't quite sure where to put this, but just out of boredom and a bit of fun, I scratch built a scale pallet, it's about 6" long by 5 1/2" wide and an inch or so tall, received it's first delivery today for a new RC I've got coming and my little lady friend seemed very pleased about it!

Quickly getting the chains off.

She made short work of the tape.

Ta-da, HobbyWing QuicRun 150a & Leopard 4074 2000kv, she's a happy lady

Old 02-10-2017, 11:23 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

Here's a few pictures from the new quarry we found to play in, it's a really nice spot and figured I'd upload what pictures I took... A few highlights anyway *

Also got my Mickey Thompsons all mounted up with my bargain 99p tyres

Old 02-21-2017, 10:55 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

Well, I finally got round to making the panels I have wanted since I bought the truck.
I do like the look of it stock, but with my Dad having one as well (both RTRs) it can get surprisingly confusing when bashing, especially at a distance, so I cracked on with making panels, they are just made out of some 1.5mm lexan sheets I had, I made them quite thin, that way they are easy to cut and shape, they are wrapped in matt black vinyl.
I'm not too happy with the bonnet (hood, for the American chaps) but it will have to do for now.
I personally think it looks awesome and I'm happy with how it's turned out *

Old 02-21-2017, 03:26 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder

Love those steel MT wheels. Just got myself a pair w/ the new Goodyear 2.2's that RC4WD just came out with. Excited to give em a shot on the Yeti I'm building.
Dbdynsty25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:22 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbdynsty25 View Post
Love those steel MT wheels. Just got myself a pair w/ the new Goodyear 2.2's that RC4WD just came out with. Excited to give em a shot on the Yeti I'm building.
Yeah I like 'em as well, I got mine brand new for 50% off retail, so I couldn't say no, as I was on the lookout for some nice 2.2s as well
Old 02-25-2017, 06:48 AM   #49
Rock Crawler

Front shocks finally rebuilt, they've been too bouncy from day one but I was lazy *finally got some 60wt in there and they feel nice, moved from the longer blue springs back to stock, hopefully they perform better.
Still struggling to find a front sway bar kit though *anyone got any ideas where to get one? The stock one would be okay, but I'd prefer aftermarket.
I hear the Hot Racing ones aren't very good either?

Old 02-25-2017, 12:05 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

In keeping with the Yetis new 'U4' style rock racer truck, I thought I'd add some netting... I'm not sure what I think of it yet though, it needs tidying up a little bit, but wanted some opinions... Do you like it or not?
I may also try putting it on the inside of the cage instead of outside, it was just a quick job to see what I thought... I'm on the fence so far.

Old 02-25-2017, 12:49 PM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh How Original View Post
Still struggling to find a front sway bar kit though *anyone got any ideas where to get one? The stock one would be okay, but I'd prefer aftermarket. I hear the Hot Racing ones aren't very good either?
I've heard of people using the Savage XS one. Not sure of a part number, just have read it on random forums.
Dbdynsty25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 07:27 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

I have the HR front sway and it works a lot better than no sway bar. I'm running the middle stiffness bar. As for the netting, definitely go inside the cage, it'll look way cleaner. What happened to that shock oil? It looks carbonated.lol
shiftauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:12 AM   #53
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftauto View Post
I have the HR front sway and it works a lot better than no sway bar. I'm running the middle stiffness bar. As for the netting, definitely go inside the cage, it'll look way cleaner. What happened to that shock oil? It looks carbonated.lol
I did try the netting on the inside too, but decided to remove it all together.
Shock oil had just been put in, that's just waiting for the bubbles to all rise to the top and disappear
Old 03-09-2017, 11:51 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

Got all the new electrics fitted into this now, HobbyWing WP SC8 and 3656 3400kv, ran it round outside, since rebuilding the shocks, with thicker oil in the front, and putting Ci foams in the tyres, it's a new beast, drifting round on tarmac for fun, no grip roll whatsoever.
Can't wait to give it a run now
Managed to put my on/off switch in a position I can get to it without opening the cage up and it doesn't foul my crud guard, I may give it the Plastidip treatment as well to be on the doubly safe side.

Driver and co-driver are set and eager to go!

Old 03-11-2017, 01:38 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Awesome run with the Yetis today, absolutely night and day difference in handling between this set up and my old one, I have changed the suspension a bit and put Crawler Innovations foams in, that's basically it since the last run and it's 10x better!
No more grip roll!
Shame my wheel nuts keep coming loose on the back lol!
I've noticed slightly shorter run times with the new HobbyWing system over the Castle system, slightly higher kv in this though, so I might try some 3s on slightly lower gearing and see how that goes.
Not really a problem, got plenty of 2s packs I can switch between.
Also have some footage from the days outing coming out when I can be bothered to edit it.

On its roof as usual!

We also had a couple of visitors!

A nice little climb

Old 03-20-2017, 08:50 AM   #56
Rock Crawler

Gave the Yetis some good beatings.
Some footage to come when I can be bothered to edit it.

Nice silhouette shot I got.

Moooody!

Old 03-23-2017, 07:26 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Just thought I'd do a small update on the electrics.
CML are still having to chase Axial, for the motor they said about 3 weeks ago they had and were sending straight away *damn good job I got some quality electrics on hand or I'd be Yetiess for nearly a month in total now!
I love Axial vehicles, but there customer service is appalling!
Old 04-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

Here's my latest upload.
This footage was done a little while ago, but just got round to editing it and uploading it now.
Playing in the back of the dumper was pretty fun, as was jumping them out of it!
Hope you enjoy, please subscribe, share, like etc... I'm almost at 200 subs and it'd be cool to get there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc-pyZKCn00
Old 06-09-2017, 03:38 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Small update, had the electrics back for a while, was waiting for other parts to arrive, ordered some 2.2s from China, arrived over two weeks quicker than quoted, can't complain at that *got some fresh shocks on the rear, still stock Axial, but no leaks so it was easier than rebuilding mine.
SSD driveshaft on as well, I also put some LEDs in, but they have a habit of going pop, not quite sure why, I need to investigate, I can't find a 'set' that are the right colours I want, so I'm having to solder them together, maybe that's why, although I've run them like that before with 16 of 'em all together and had no issues.
The Yeti seems LED cursed lol.

Hope I'm not the only one who gets creative when bored lol

Old 06-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

SSD prop shafts suck...
First run, stock electrics, 2 minutes on 2s because I was bored too easily and about 15 minutes on 3s hoonin' on some gravel and it's already bent the end and the pins come out, don't even think I'll bother rebuilding it, I think I will revert back to stock, not often I say this, but this is poor from SSDs usual high quality.
Also broke an SSD upper link rod*end.
Amazingly, my lights are still working lol.