Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: OHOs Axial Yeti RTR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2017, 09:41 PM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: OHOs Axial Yeti RTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh How Original View Post
How are those ssd trailing arms holding up? Look like they have a few miles on them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
poohsad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2017, 12:25 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohsad View Post
How are those ssd trailing arms holding up? Look like they have a few miles on them.

Very well, had some hard hits and still going strong, I would recommend them.
Unlike the prop shaft

Here's a little footage from the last run, nothing too amazing, just some hoonin'
The chap driving the Timberwolf actually bought it just from watching me testing on the street, looked like fun so he went to MS and bought one.
All in all a nice chap and an enjoyable run out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3UL...ature=youtu.be
Oh How Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:48 AM   #63
Rock Crawler

I am just so loving the onboard footage lately, this new Hero Session I have makes things quite a lot easier.
In this video I have mounted it from the centre of the windscreen, even though it wasn't ideal, I think the footage came out okay.
I didn't stabilize this footage at all, this is as raw as it gets in terms of quality.
Let me know what you think?
It'd be awesome to get some new subscribers too, got plenty of mixed footage on my channel, there is a bit of something for everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Qa...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-19-2017, 08:11 PM   #64
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I am just so loving the onboard footage lately, this new Hero Session I have makes things quite a lot easier.
In this video I have mounted it from the centre of the windscreen, even though it wasn't ideal, I think the footage came out okay.
I didn't stabilize this footage at all, this is as raw as it gets in terms of quality.
Let me know what you think?
It'd be awesome to get some new subscribers too, got plenty of mixed footage on my channel, there is a bit of something for everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Qa...ature=youtu.be
Pretty awesome. I've wanted to do this with my Yeti, but I'm too cheap to buy a gopro. I'd love a pic of how you attached it.

Old 10-20-2017, 11:44 AM   #65
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Pretty awesome. I've wanted to do this with my Yeti, but I'm too cheap to buy a gopro. I'd love a pic of how you attached it.

I will be uploading a video on exactly how it was mounted both times, because I also have another video coming out from a different mounting position.
I don't use the first mount with it now, so I can't take a picture of it because the arms I used are on something else lol.
I have a love/hate relationship with my GoPros, I bought a Hero 4 Silver and Hero Session and they are good, but accessories can be so annoying to find and buy.
Bought an aftermarket case for the Hero 4 and it immediately snapped the clasp off that locks the case, GoPro won't sell me a few of them, they sent me one for free which is good, but they won't let me buy a few for spares.
Currently trying to find an external case for a bit of extra protection for the Session and the two I have purchased so far have been a little bit too big, but GoPro don't make one themselves.
Kinda frustrating sometimes!
Old 10-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #66
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I will be uploading a video on exactly how it was mounted both times, because I also have another video coming out from a different mounting position.
I don't use the first mount with it now, so I can't take a picture of it because the arms I used are on something else lol.
I have a love/hate relationship with my GoPros, I bought a Hero 4 Silver and Hero Session and they are good, but accessories can be so annoying to find and buy.
Bought an aftermarket case for the Hero 4 and it immediately snapped the clasp off that locks the case, GoPro won't sell me a few of them, they sent me one for free which is good, but they won't let me buy a few for spares.
Currently trying to find an external case for a bit of extra protection for the Session and the two I have purchased so far have been a little bit too big, but GoPro don't make one themselves.
Kinda frustrating sometimes!
Yea, you're certainly not increasing my motivation to get one. I subbed yesterday, so I'll look forward to the video.

Old 10-21-2017, 07:04 AM   #67
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yea, you're certainly not increasing my motivation to get one. I subbed yesterday, so I'll look forward to the video.

I am just a perfectionist, you wouldn't believe the amount of clips I have just deleted because it was quite 100% perfect.
Apart from the physical quality, I am in control of everything else and I hate to fail lol.
They're good cameras really especially if you're in the states, you have way more options over there and they are cheaper too!
Thank you for the sub!
Old 11-02-2017, 03:38 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

As per requests from folk who saw some onboard footage, they wanted to know how I did it, so as with the SCX10 guide I put up, here it is but for the Yeti.
Hope it is helpful to some

Old 11-08-2017, 09:12 AM   #69
Rock Crawler

Repaired the Yeti, beat the Yeti, broke the Yeti.

Old 11-08-2017, 02:28 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

What did you break?
Antsiranean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:49 PM   #71
RCC Addict

my guess right front on pic 6 from top. looks out of line.

like the terrain you drive your yeti nice location on the pics

Last edited by magic_yeti; 11-08-2017 at 03:08 PM.
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:20 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

That was just the angle of the picture, because there is a small amount of slop in my castors and knuckles
I broke the servo, so I ordered a Hitec 5955 for the torque and speed because I thought the main spline was shot, it was actually the internal gear, so I took the pin out, spun it round and it's working again, so I'll kill that servo fully before putting the Hitec in, then I might go a little easier on it because I definitely can't afford £75 every run lol.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:13 AM   #73
Rock Crawler

My Yeti, taking it to the woods, with some external and onboard action.
The mount wasn't 100% secure in this so some footage is a little shaky, but I have some better footage to come of onboard the Yeti!
Would love to see my subscribers hit 300 by the end of the year, although I know it's unlikely, I really appreciate anyone who subs and enjoys my videos
Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think and what you'd like to see!

Last edited by Oh How Original; 11-25-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:07 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Some shots from yesterday, for those interested
Also have some today which will be uploaded separately.

And one of the luckiest shots I've got, my Dad was doing donuts and racing round near the waters edge, lost control and landed like this.. So lucky not to have gone in the drink!

Old 01-28-2018, 01:50 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

I had forgotten about these ones... Let me know what you think!

I think my Dad was bored!

My guards did a very good job of keeping the snow and moisture away from the important bits.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:57 PM   #76
Rock Crawler

Had a run the other day, just to knock the tops off a few batteries, didn't last long, had an unfortunate landing, bye bye axle shaft.
That serves me right for trying to drive and take pictures for you lot lol.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:54 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Finally got around to fitting a nice diff cover on the Yeti, won this one and put it on today!

I think I might treat the Bomber to a pair of these, the newer AR60s on the Bomber definitely have a fatter diff cover, causing the steering link to foul much sooner than the old one.

Old 04-06-2018, 09:52 AM   #78
Rock Crawler

Took the Yeti out for it's first proper run in quite a while.

Had one of the most fun and action packed bashes I've had in quite a while.

Total damage isn't too much, way less than expected, one of the rear upper link rod ends*let go, no biggie, also found some premature wear on the rear axle gears, not sure why, think it must just be from the plastic flexing, but surely not everyone moves to a Vanquish, or at least a metal housing?

Hmm, food for thought, but it did occur to me that I bought this almost two years ago as an RTR and I've never actually had the transmission apart or the front diff, so decided I'd give it a full strip down service, I've had some parts ready to go onto it for almost a year, probably time to get them on!

As you can see from the dirt, the breakage didn't stop me and I continued bashing for a while.

Strip down time for the old girl!

I've wondered for a while why my front suspension doesn't seem right, when I took the shocks off and the arms did this, it made me ponder even more....

Then I saw the hinge pins and suddenly it made sense!

This is after I have straightened them a tiny bit to get them out, they were so bent I couldn't get them out.

Time for a change I think lol.

Old 02-04-2019, 02:55 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Had a few runs out recently, decided after the last snow bash I would strip the Yeti for a full rebuild, bought a complete bearing kit, going to switch any remaining plastic ball ends to metal and maybe remove the sway bar.
Anyway here's some pictures from a recent bash in the snow.

With our usual wooly crowd!

Then when you get bored, get a bag out of the car and slide down the hills.

Old 05-10-2019, 11:24 AM   #80
Rock Crawler

Must have been tough on the Yeti on the last run out, I managed to break both these supports, somehow, not seen these broken before!

Sexy VP sway bar, matches the trailing arms nicely.

New shell, fancied a change

As you can see from how it's sitting, the shocks desperately need a rebuild or replacement.