Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Axial 1/18 Yeti (and Yeti Score)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2016, 07:32 AM   #501

Default Re: Axial 1/18 Yeti (and Yeti Score)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicostaxxs007 View Post
i called axial there going to send me 2 remote's.
What number did you call?
Space Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2016, 08:06 AM   #502
I wanna be Dave

Easy there, Wrangler. I see you have only a handful of posts. Is this your first RC? Because you seem hasty in smearing a company's name after a new release and between two close holidays.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 08:27 AM   #503
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Wrangler View Post
What number did you call?
go to axialracing.com customers service
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 08:28 AM   #504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
Easy there, Wrangler. I see you have only a handful of posts. Is this your first RC? Because you seem hasty in smearing a company's name after a new release and between two close holidays.
Indeed. First RC.
I already stated I would like to give them the opportunity to make it right.
I haven't said anything negative thus far.
I just need to know if the number I was provided was the best number to call considering it goes straight to voicemail. Also, the number listed on axial's Facebook page does not go to axial. It goes to someplace called Great Plains distributors.

Edit - the number on axial's site is the same number I was given by hobbyshipper. I left a message to call me back. Hopefully they'll call before the 30 day return policy expires.

Edit - just got a message from Angie w/axial. It appears they will do the right thing. As a matter of fact, she was so nice and customer focused, I will now purchase a bomber kit from them. I still think it's a weird business practice to provide a 3rd party number for returns when that 3rd party is unable to accommodate you.

Last edited by Space Wrangler; 12-28-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Space Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:32 AM   #505
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
So, this is an excuse now? Holidays aside, what other vehicles have launched with this amount of issues? 500+ comments on this thread with the majority being it didn't work out of the box, or broke in 5mins.

I'm not saying Axial deserves to be raked over the coals but they should be held to task for poor quality in these rigs.

Last edited by OldNTired; 12-28-2016 at 10:34 AM.
OldNTired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:36 AM   #506
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNTired View Post
So, this is an excuse now? Holidays aside, what other vehicles have launched with this amount of issues? 500+ comments on this thread with the majority being it didn't work out of the box, or broke in 5mins.

I'm not saying Axial deserves to be raked over the coals but they should be held to task for poor quality in these rigs.

I agree.

SW is what we've spoke of in the beginning of the release with new people coming to he hobby. He'll likely get pissed and leave the hobby because #Axial and crap electronics.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:51 AM   #507
Rock Stacker

[QUOTE=Chiphead;5618726]Now that I am passed the craptastic electronics, I am having a blast with this little rig. I am running it on 1300 Mah 3s with no breakage. I do have a right-rear wheel that looks a bit wobbly, like a bent axle shaft. It is just noticeable, not bad enough to warrant a tear down, yet.

I had a wobble in a rear wheel and it was dragging real bad. It wouldn't even free spin. I thought it was a bent plastic axle but that didn't really make since to me being they are plastic and very flexy. It turned out to be the outside bearing was out of whack. I hit it the bearing with a hammer to align it. Much better and i ordered all new bearings from Avid
blkbart00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:11 PM   #508
Rock Stacker

Truck shipped today. Went ahead and ordered esc for when the stocker dies.
racinfast002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 02:05 PM   #509

I finally broke something! I broke the steering arm that hooks to the servo linkage and the right front wheel. It broke right where the shoulder bolt goes through it and attaches to the tie bar. It sucks I have to buy the whole parts tree. $17 and two weeks later, I'll have a working truck again.
JDurgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:07 PM   #510
Pebble Pounder

Mamba micro x combo is a beast in this little guy on 3s it does back flips on carpet. I may have been the only person to get a stock esc that held up to a servo upgrade and 2s lipo, but I still wanted more speed.
ptaryan654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:10 PM   #511

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaryan654 View Post
Mamba micro x combo is a beast in this little guy on 3s it does back flips on carpet. I may have been the only person to get a stock esc that held up to a servo upgrade and 2s lipo, but I still wanted more speed.
Which kv motor did you get?
shauntim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:57 PM   #512

Quote:

Not trying to agree or disagree with your comment but a lot of times people (typically new to the hobby but also veterans) come to a forum such as this one to inquire about broken rigs. I understand that this thread may seem mostly negative to everyone but imagine the people running these without issue and not coming to this forum bc they are happy. I have had zero issues with mine so far but I think this may be due to the fact that the TT has smaller tires and puts less stress on the servo (which is crap)
iholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 06:20 PM   #513
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauntim View Post
Which kv motor did you get?
4100kv
Old 12-28-2016, 07:11 PM   #514
Pebble Pounder

Made a small plate with lexan mounted over the holes for the battery adjuster rx is mounted on servo
Old 12-28-2016, 10:42 PM   #515
Quarry Creeper

Mine turned up last night, with all the issues people have been having I decided to only run mine on NiMH. Gotta say, the run time is more than expected and its got a bit more pep than I expected. This is my first (running) RC in a couple years (had to clear out the last fleet to by a 1:1!). I'm absolutely loving it! Does everything I hoped it would, in that, it makes me a little kid again! While the stock servo is absolutely rubbish (not only can it hardly steer the rig but it cuts out when it gets too hot????) I'm having a lot more fun with this than my SCX10 or Wraith, just cause this is a bit quicker on NiMH, and can handle jumps etc. and there is nothing technical where I live. Think it might be time to have a pizza dinner, watch a movie and go and build some jumps!!!! I will also order a HS-85 soon, and see if its that or the 2S that's killing things. So while this is in no way perfect, I absolutely love it. Back in the hobby!!!!
TrilloThrillo110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:28 AM   #516
Rock Stacker

So you're saying my 7800 may be a little overkill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaryan654 View Post
4100kv
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:52 AM   #517

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
So you're saying my 7800 may be a little overkill?
I'd say so yeah. Good luck keeping it together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Chris_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:35 AM   #518
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iholmes View Post
Not trying to agree or disagree with your comment but a lot of times people (typically new to the hobby but also veterans) come to a forum such as this one to inquire about broken rigs. I understand that this thread may seem mostly negative to everyone but imagine the people running these without issue and not coming to this forum bc they are happy. I have had zero issues with mine so far but I think this may be due to the fact that the TT has smaller tires and puts less stress on the servo (which is crap)
only people who use forums come on forums looking for help/complain/share an experiance. we are in the world of facebook groups and reddit. asking someone on a facebook group to educate themselves on a forum is like pulling teeth. and if you look through this thread it isn't a bunch of new people joining to complain, most were all people that said they were going to buy it, bought it, and have not had a great experience with quality out the gate.
StatGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:03 AM   #519
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Out of the 532 posts before this post, the first 211 were before anyone even got one (other than the guys that got theirs a month before launch)
That brings it down to 321 posts. Now, out of those, a good majority of it was people showing pictures of them coming in, and starting to drive them. The only issue that came up was the electronics. And even then it was only about 7-10 or so users posting about actually having a problem. A "majority" is when there is more than half of the whole. The posts about problems with the electronics have been a small minority of the posts on this thread.
Other than the electronics, the only things breaking are when guys are going with a lot more power. That's to be expected really.

So in summary; the included electronics may suck, but they may also be fine until you can upgrade. Otherwise the truck is pretty solid with 2S and stock-equivalent power.

What do you expect Axial to do? If you report failed electronics, they are going to do what any other company will do, and replace it under warranty with the same thing. In their testing, the electronics work just fine. It would only make sense to offer something different if there was a safety issue, or if there were so many people requiring warranty replacements that it was financially more feasible to offer something different. But, a lot of guys on this thread would rather not go through the trouble of constantly replacing the electronics to keep reporting the issue. That means they are likely not going to ever offer anything different.

Last edited by monkeyracer; 12-29-2016 at 08:11 AM.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:27 AM   #520
Quarry Creeper

I'm seriously considering getting the Trophy Truck version, but there aren't nearly as many running videos to be found as the Rock Racer. I briefly owned a 1/16 Slash, but sold it after losing interest. Can anyone provide first-hand experience in how the Yeti Jr. Trophy Truck compares to the Slash 1/16 or even the Losi 1/14 Desert Truck? Also, for those that have the Trophy Truck feel free to post a running video - preferably in normal speed as opposed to slow motion.

Heck, for that matter, I'd like to hear all other impressions of the TT. I see that one user has reported having less issues with the electronic, so there's some stuff trickling out.
colbynobo is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial 1/18 Yeti (and Yeti Score) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial yeti turned into a score? 1964yeti Newbie General 6 08-18-2016 12:47 AM
Upgrading Axial yeti score Naosis Newbie General 3 08-11-2016 05:49 AM