Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Axial 1/18 Yeti (and Yeti Score)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2017, 05:19 PM   #761
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Axial 1/18 Yeti (and Yeti Score)

so have all the problems been worked out of this truck? i remember early on people having electrical issues and what not.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2017, 09:06 AM   #762
Rock Stacker

Has Axial fixed the electrical problems yet? I want to get a pair for son and I
jedrattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:47 PM   #763
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
so have all the problems been worked out of this truck? i remember early on people having electrical issues and what not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrattle View Post
Has Axial fixed the electrical problems yet? I want to get a pair for son and I
No, nothing has been "fixed" and nothing has changed for either of these trucks since launch. Axial won't even acknowledge that there are serious design and or quality control issues with 90% of these trucks out of the box. I called Axial CS the other day to ask that very question and you know what the guy had the nerve to tell me? "Hmm, yours is the first issue I've heard of". Ridiculous! Same song and dance they've been trying to feed us since the release of this truck. The story remains the same. If you are buying this truck as a roller knowing full well you will be getting a bunch of guaranteed to fail electronic garbage and an awful battery and charger then feel free. You WILL have to replace the servo and ESC/receiver combo at a minimum. After putting quality electronics in the truck it becomes a lot of fun but now you get to deal with little to no aftermarket support and little to no factory support since parts are very scarce due to Axial's manufacturing and supply woes currently. Save yourself some money and a lot of frustration and disappointment and get yourself a 1/16 Traxxas Slash. It'll be fun, durable, have an abundance of parts support, and perform well out of the box. In retrospect, I know what I should've done.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:17 AM   #764
RCC Addict

I think nobody can answer if there will be improvement. Cause i don't think anybody had seen one out of a second batch.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:26 AM   #765
Rock Crawler

Im about to post my Yeti JR rock racer forsale here today or tomorrow. I drove it in a friends driveway once.
kikcaffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:15 PM   #766

I just installed a set of the GPM trailing arms. For the price, I figured I'd give them a shot / potentially modify as needed.

First impressions:

1. They look awesome. Fit was perfect. Came with stainless hardware.
2. Regarding flex:

The OEM arms when removed offer very little twist (which would allow for flex vs. pure up/down travel). Certainly nothing significant at the kinds of loads they'd see on something this light. It seems most of the flex comes from slop in the joints at each end.

The GPM arms have some sort of soft (silicone?) bushings at each end. Installed they seem to provide every bit the flex (which is to say very little) the OEM setup provided.

Additional thoughts:

I'd guess the conjoined upper links are the current limiter for flex. If those were freed up, the lower arms may become an issue.
Cometcyclonemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:28 PM   #767
I wanna be Dave

No pics?
Old 04-05-2017, 12:15 AM   #768

My bad. Pics:

Cometcyclonemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:44 AM   #769

Earlier today I received a notification from tower that there are available parts for the yeti. I have already ordered some. I think that it's available also the truck

Sent fra min HTC One_M8 via Tapatalk
redeyechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:58 AM   #770
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeyechris View Post
Earlier today I received a notification from tower that there are available parts for the yeti. I have already ordered some. I think that it's available also the truck

Sent fra min HTC One_M8 via Tapatalk
They were in stock as of yesterday.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:08 PM   #771
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, looks like they dropped the price to let you save some cash for all of the required electronics replacements. I should get a refund for the difference for being Axial's unsuspecting test mule. Don't they test these trucks for at least 5 minutes before shipping hundreds of lemons to customers?
Old 04-07-2017, 01:14 PM   #772
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
Yeah, looks like they dropped the price to let you save some cash for all of the required electronics replacements. I should get a refund for the difference for being Axial's unsuspecting test mule. Don't they test these trucks for at least 5 minutes before shipping hundreds of lemons to customers?
I'm out of the loop there, but what happened?
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:35 PM   #773
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
I'm out of the loop there, but what happened?
These trucks have a 90% failure rate right out of the box for either a bad servo, bad ESC/receiver combo or in my case both. This usually happens before the first battery pack is dead. They used to sell for $179 now they sell for $20 less. That almost covers the servo that will fail in the first 5 minutes.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:22 PM   #774
I wanna be Dave

Had two friends buy two of these yesterday even though I warned them of the known failure rate. Both failed right out of the box. One steered left then right then nothing. The other drove for 5 minutes then went dead. All these guys did was charge the battery and try to drive the truck. Axial should be embarrassed but they're probably just sitting back laughing as they continue to unload $160 paperweights to good paying customers. Brandon won't come anywhere near this thread because he knows better. Sad
Old 04-08-2017, 05:22 PM   #775
Pebble Pounder

On the flip side Screamer. I bought both the RR and TT when they first came out (ordered direct from Axial). Then ordered Savox servos for both, CC micro esc's/motors, 2S lipos and Spektrum RX's when things went sideways for most people off the hop. However all my after market stuff is still in the package as both of my units are performing great so far! Go figure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fookison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #776
I wanna be Dave

I do know that there's several out there that are running great and I'm glad for those people. This is not the X Box red ring that affected 60% of owners this is much worse and not only does Axial not address this, they lie to our faces and deny it entirely. I talked to the same guy three times and heard the same story then he remembered who I was and started making all kinds of awkward excuses. All I've seen is failure. Personal experience, online reviews and posts here, except for very few happy owners, and local guys who've bought them. It needs to at least be addressed not Axial's classy move of, "let's drop the price $20, that'll take people's minds off of all the bad stories they've heard." God forbid Axial fix the problem, that'd cost too much and they are in the business of making money however they have to do it.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:17 AM   #777
Quarry Creeper

Got a TT today from my lhs. First impressions are that the electronics are insufficient. The battery and charger were red for nearly 4 hours before I unplugged it to run it. Manual said 2-3 hours so that was of concern. The servo is weak, the motor seems sufficient enough for me as my scx10 is a slow crawl. The TX needs some time setting the trim and reverse does not seem to want to work and instead glitches. I bought a servo anticipating this and will move ahead on a rx and esc next. I still think it looks sweet and will keep an eye out for some of the RR wheels and tires. Some improvements out of the box seems easy enough for axial. If I can't figure out the reverse I'll join the masses and make a phone call

Last edited by odomandr; 04-09-2017 at 06:36 AM.
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:00 PM   #778
No idea what I'm doing

I placed my order for one today. Back ordered until the end of the month.

I was planning on a new servo and motor/esc combo anyway, but was hoping the receiver and radio were up to the task. Looks like I should plan on a new receiver purchase as well.

Aside from electronics, how's the rest?
Old 04-12-2017, 03:16 PM   #779
I wanna be Dave

It really is a fun truck once you replace the ESC, servo, and receiver. I used my RX/TX from my RTR Bomber and it's great. You don't have to go overboard or spend a lot of money to have fun with this truck, you just need reliable. I've got a $25 servo, a $40 ESC and I'm having a blast now. I'm wondering how long the stock motor will last but so far so good.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #780
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
It really is a fun truck once you replace the ESC, servo, and receiver. I used my RX/TX from my RTR Bomber and it's great. You don't have to go overboard or spend a lot of money to have fun with this truck, you just need reliable. I've got a $25 servo, a $40 ESC and I'm having a blast now. I'm wondering how long the stock motor will last but so far so good.
Thanks for the heads up. That's pretty much what I figured since those with running trucks seem to like them.

I built a small track in my backyard this winter and a few buddies and I are having a blast with it. We have Animus 18sc's and Tacon Thrillers, but I wanted something with at least a little "crawl" in it.

Axial 1/18 Yeti (and Yeti Score) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial yeti turned into a score? 1964yeti Newbie General 6 08-18-2016 12:47 AM
Upgrading Axial yeti score Naosis Newbie General 3 08-11-2016 05:49 AM