Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Axial 1/18 Yeti (and Yeti Score)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2017, 12:22 AM   #581

Default Re: Axial 1/18 Yeti (and Yeti Score)

Those of you running the hi-tech 5085 servo what arm are you running?
hillbillyHILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2017, 09:02 AM   #582
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
RPP has the score in stock.

Axial Yeti Jr. SCORE Trophy Truck 1/18th Scale Electric 4WD - RTR

Tower shows late May for both. Lol
Tower had them and must have sold out. I bought my Yeti Jr on 12/28 and it shipped the next day.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:53 PM   #583
Quarry Creeper

Default Painted the body, 70mm shocks in front, and soft springs all around

03NCTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:58 PM   #584
RCC Addict

I don't know- after reading this thread I think I'll wait till there's either a kit, update to the existing, or a decent deal on a used one where it's already had the elecronics issues addressed.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:20 PM   #585

I have mine for about a week, and besides the servo which is almost crap, and I understand why, everything else works fine. The first ride was indoors in the living room and all the the others were outside mostly on rainy weather both tarmac and mud. Amazing ride with original electronic! Not so fast but I already have on the way a mamba combo for extra fun!
For servo an 85 hitek will work I think. If someone regrets because of the bad electronic issues, I understand, but I strongly recommend it! It's an amazing rig to drive!

And a question, if someone has the mamba motor on, any recommendations for pinion are welcomed!

Excuse me for the broken English, it's not my mother language
redeyechris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:32 PM   #586
I wanna be Dave

Default Axial 1/18 Yeti (and Yeti Score)

If you stay with the small motor shaft then get a pack of Losi Mini pinions. If you go to the 380/28mm can then look for a pack of Robison Racing pinions.

If you're in a hurry for the small shaft gears, look on Banggood for a pack of pinions for the FEIYUE. They don't have the low tooth counts, but there's a few. Look for mod0.6 metric or 48p #merican.

Edit: not 0.5, it's 0.6.

Last edited by Brake Weight; 01-01-2017 at 11:01 PM.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:40 PM   #587
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinMike View Post
I don't know- after reading this thread I think I'll wait till there's either a kit, update to the existing, or a decent deal on a used one where it's already had the elecronics issues addressed.
I was thinking the same, wait a month or two and Axial might fix the electronics issues.
BroncoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:56 PM   #588

If anyone cares my bone stock yeti score jr runs 12mph on gps.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:06 PM   #589
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyHILL View Post
If anyone cares my bone stock yeti score jr runs 12mph on gps.
My bomber with low gears is faster than that?! Looks like all those motor upgrades are necessary.
BroncoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:46 PM   #590

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoAZ View Post
My bomber with low gears is faster than that?! Looks like all those motor upgrades are necessary.
It's pretty squerrely as it because the tires are so small and its light so it bounces all over the place. The battery being up high too doesn't help. Or i just suck at driving. I have a castle 5300kv im going to put in this week. It will be interesting.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:17 PM   #591

I have two packs through the rr without problem. The servo is week and makes the truck hard to steer, but everything still works.
singletracksean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:55 PM   #592
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoAZ View Post
With lipo 2s it's actually way faster ..In a fun way not over the top.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:03 PM   #593
Rock Crawler

I stripped the gears in my HS-85MG, but it was my fault. I noticed the end point needed to be less which I learned the stock radio lets you adjust. But as I went to adjust it, it went the wrong way and instantly stripped the gear. Also, I checked my shock oil and all of my shocks were full. But the truck is running strong with only a servo installed.

MaxxPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 02:24 PM   #594
Quarry Creeper

So I broke my micro Traxxas servo ..Gear stripped lol
Got pissed off and managed to install full size servo with 126 torque haha and now the truck is fun and runs for a long time on a 2000 ,2s 35c .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2017, 02:27 PM   #595
RCC Addict

Lmao @full size servo. Heck I would of too. I used a hitec 82mg in my old traxxas mini a long time after the stock one took a poo. Well after the second stock one did anyways.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 02:33 PM   #596
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinMike View Post
Lmao @full size servo. Heck I would of too. I used a hitec 82mg in my old traxxas mini a long time after the stock one took a poo. Well after the second stock one did anyways.
Haha ya and works awesome ...Now it's fun in the snow with the little guy and amazing run time too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2017, 08:59 PM   #597

I replaced the stock junk servo with the hitec HS-85. I didn't have a screw in the right size that was long enough to be able to put the servo saver back on the hitec servo so I just used an aluminum servo arm that I had laying around. Needless to say I clipped my bomber ironically while driving it and broke one of the steering linkage pieces. What size is that screw that hitec uses for their micro servos? I would like to put the servo saver back on so that hopefully this does not happen again. I thought in one of the numerous pages in this thread someone mentioned what size the screw was but I can't seem to find where it was at. Thanks
kpnalder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:52 AM   #598
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpnalder1 View Post
I replaced the stock junk servo with the hitec HS-85. I didn't have a screw in the right size that was long enough to be able to put the servo saver back on the hitec servo so I just used an aluminum servo arm that I had laying around. Needless to say I clipped my bomber ironically while driving it and broke one of the steering linkage pieces. What size is that screw that hitec uses for their micro servos? I would like to put the servo saver back on so that hopefully this does not happen again. I thought in one of the numerous pages in this thread someone mentioned what size the screw was but I can't seem to find where it was at. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Sounds good.

Screw is probably 2.6mm if it's same as other Hitec. The new Hitec supposed to all go to 3mm, much better.

Do it!
TownsendTdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:27 PM   #599

So i got it full knowing that a lot of people were having issues. Even ordered a new servo which came the same day the Yeti jr came. Charged the battery, and drove it around the living room and it just stopped. Servo was twitching a little bit. Turned it off, and let it sit awhile. Plugged it in again and same thing. Think I got a bad battery or the esc failing already?
kuzican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:44 PM   #600
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpnalder1 View Post
Hitec standard servos uses 2.6mm (2.5 will work). There micro servos use a 2.3mm. I had to contact hitec for a 2.3mm screw long enough to use the servo saver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzican View Post
So i got it full knowing that a lot of people were having issues. Even ordered a new servo which came the same day the Yeti jr came. Charged the battery, and drove it around the living room and it just stopped. Servo was twitching a little bit. Turned it off, and let it sit awhile. Plugged it in again and same thing. Think I got a bad battery or the esc failing already?
Your battery is probably fine, your reciever/esc is toast.
Poprivet is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial 1/18 Yeti (and Yeti Score) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial yeti turned into a score? 1964yeti Newbie General 6 08-18-2016 12:47 AM
Upgrading Axial yeti score Naosis Newbie General 3 08-11-2016 05:49 AM