Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Electronics advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2017, 09:05 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Electronics advice

I'm stuck home recovering from surgery for the next several weeks so I ordered a Yeti kit to occupy some of my time. I ordered a Trak Power soldering station with it so I'll have what I need as far as tools go. What I'm not sure about is electronics to use.

My wife bought me a Vaterra Ascender RTR for Christmas so I'm hoping I can just buy a receiver that'll work with that transmitter for now.

I'm a flatlander and jumps aren't my thing so this will be used for trails and perhaps occasional crawling but will largely just see use in my yard and on the street. I'd like it to be on the fast side. I'd also like to have it waterproof so busting puddles and playing in the snow are possible.

I'm paying off my son's college education at the moment so I'm on a tight budget. I'd really appreciate any recommendations on a motor, ESC, servo combo that'll give me the speed I'm looking for without breaking the bank. Once college is paid off I'll likely dump good money into upgrades, just want to have some fun with it in the mean time.

Thanks in advance
Phylodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2017, 10:05 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Electronics advice

Been beating the crap out of one of these in a Slash 4x4 for a long time now. Tough, fast and water proof. https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/prod...10-sct-combo-1 They can be found on ebay for $120-$140. If you look you can probably find some deals on them.
Using this transmitter and receiver in my Yeti. https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...ProdId=SPM4200 . Got it for $99. I couldn't use AVC with mine because I needed a third channel for the 2 speed. Seems to be working great so far.

Last edited by Rumpelhardt; 01-18-2017 at 10:23 PM.
Rumpelhardt is offline   Reply With Quote

Electronics advice - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to crawling, electronics advice! mathcanbefun Axial SCX-10 7 05-22-2014 09:59 PM
Want some advice on electronics for my losi trekker. HeadHoncho95 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 8 05-10-2014 09:51 AM
Scaler newb seeks electronics advice scraps Newbie General 2 01-27-2011 09:13 AM
Need Advice On Pickin out the Electronics... SeniorXJ Newbie General 15 01-18-2011 12:10 AM
Electronics, need some advice... J.DUKE Electronics 6 02-10-2009 08:54 AM