Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: 3s lipo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2017, 10:55 AM   #21

Default Re: 3s lipo

I just bought a Traxxas 3s 5000mah and it's too long to fit so I'll be modifying the battery compartment. I'm thinking of ditching the door and carefully removing the other side. Then I'll just hold it in with a strap or 2. I'll update once I get straps and try it out.
Sloppy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2017, 02:37 PM   #22

Default Re: 3s lipo

It worked. I'll do pics if someone really needs them but it's pretty simple as I'll explain.

All I did was cut out the outside wall(opposite the battery door) from the battery tray with a dremel cutting wheel. Then I drilled 2 slits on the front and back of the tray on the same side as the cut out side. Then I took a Velcro zip tie thingy and ran it through the slits so the battery can't slide out from the newly opened side. Battery door still works and so does the battery hold down/brace. There's no noticeable new flex but I didn't twist on it a ton.

For reference the battery dimensions for the batteries I was working to fit are: 155x27x44mm. Traxxas 5000mah 3s and a Traxxas 7600mah 2s. Also as a side note. First time running 3s with my Holmes hobbies motor and holy s**t I'm gonna need belted tires lol.
Sloppy44 is offline   Reply With Quote