Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Snowman (the Abominable) - born as a beast, Yeti build thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2019, 04:20 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Snowman (the Abominable) - born as a beast, Yeti build thread

Finally, here comes pictures of the finished paint job. It was quite a bit more complicated than the last and although not perfect, it certainly turned out good enough. As before, it is a tribute to Nepal and the abominable snowman, depicting the spectacular mountain Machapuchare (6993m) on the hood and a snowman (duh...) on the roof.

I updated the colour scheme a bit, keeping blue as the main colour, but adding in yellow as a contrast to make a stylised sunrise behind the mountain. Black and white were changed for metallics, since I thought it would make a nice contrast to the plain blue and yellow.

The yellow on the hood fades first into bright blue, and then medium blue at the back, whereas the bright blue on the hood fades into medium blue and finally dark blue at the back. Those rays were a pain to mark and cut on the heavily curved hood - I think the graphics would have been a lot easier to do on the Raptor body. But this body is cooler, and shorter in the rear too, which will cause less hang ups when climbing.

Enjoy the pictures, feedback would be welcome.

Edit: Credit goes to Hemistorm, for inspiring me to push my skills and limits.

There's no battery in it, that's why the rear sits a bit high. With a battery in, it's pretty much level.

And here he is together with my brand new Bomber. Another beast that I've chosen to call Panther - hence the dark colour scheme on it. I did the graphic on the roof of the bomber yellow and blue, to tie it in with the Yeti.

Last edited by Antsiranean; 01-30-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Antsiranean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2019, 04:43 PM   #82
RCC Addict

Default Re: Snowman (the Abominable) - born as a beast, Yeti build thread

Great paint job looks perfect to me and as on the og a really nice theme Congrats to the new member in your crowd
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote

Snowman (the Abominable) - born as a beast, Yeti build thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti XL in Beast Mode LeePin Axial Yeti XL 6 04-15-2017 05:25 PM
DB's Axial Yeti Build Thread (Deja Vu) Dbdynsty25 Axial Yeti 16 06-13-2016 09:13 AM
Green Mountain Abominable Snowman motopreserve Axial Yeti 74 12-25-2014 10:33 AM
yeti 1 week review/ build thread db450 Axial Yeti 0 09-10-2014 12:49 AM