RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Yeti (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/)
-   -   Slipper clutch problem (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/592168-slipper-clutch-problem.html)

JayP 11-25-2017 12:16 AM

Slipper clutch problem

My RRP Gen3 stays loose despite tightening completely the locking nut. I tried cleaning the parts and I think the stock spring is the problem.
I am thinking about replacing the steel spring with the KD Heavy Duty Spring Kit.
Any thoughts?
Anyone has had problems with their Yeti with a slippery RRP?
Anyone used the Kershaw Design spring kit?

mikemcE 11-25-2017 08:01 AM

Re: Slipper clutch problem

Do you have all the parts, I remember an aluminum spacer

Hang up and Drive

JayP 11-25-2017 12:22 PM

As far as I know, all the parts have been installed. I am not missing any.

Cheez 11-25-2017 07:51 PM

https://youtu.be/54mMgDXIcf4
This may help.

JayP 11-26-2017 06:19 PM

I found the problem:
The center hole in the aluminum backplate is perfectly round instead of being shaped in order to lock in place around the shaft. What happens is that aluminum backplate spins around the shaft and so the unit slips between the aluminum plate and the ridged hub. I have no idea why my unit is made that way... I looked and searched the web and I only see pictures of aluminum backplates with an asymmetrical center hole that is made to prevent the plate from spinning.
So my plate is seriously worn on its back side and it explains why it was useless to adjust the unit so tight since it wasn’t slipping the right way...
Oh well, but I have to say I wasn’t so unlucky since I found a brand new unit bought online with a price error... Canadian dollars but the store inversed their price digits: i got it for 27.92$ instead of 72.92$!
:)

le varan 11-27-2017 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayP (Post 5770350)
I found the problem:
The center hole in the aluminum backplate is perfectly round instead of being shaped in order to lock in place around the shaft. What happens is that aluminum backplate spins around the shaft and so the unit slips between the aluminum plate and the ridged hub. I have no idea why my unit is made that way... I looked and searched the web and I only see pictures of aluminum backplates with an asymmetrical center hole that is made to prevent the plate from spinning.
So my plate is seriously worn on its back side and it explains why it was useless to adjust the unit so tight since it wasn’t slipping the right way...
Oh well, but I have to say I wasn’t so unlucky since I found a brand new unit bought online with a price error... Canadian dollars but the store inversed their price digits: i got it for 27.92$ instead of 72.92$!
:)

I had the same problem . The parts in the package weren't correct. I wrote to Robinson with pics and they sent me the spares.
LV

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

Chris-NL 11-27-2017 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le varan (Post 5770439)
I had the same problem . The parts in the package weren't correct. I wrote to Robinson with pics and they sent me the spares.
LV

Wow, to France? Or French speaking Canada?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

le varan 11-27-2017 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris-NL (Post 5770456)
Wow, to France? Or French speaking Canada?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Yes france

JayP 11-27-2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le varan (Post 5770439)
LV

Salut
J’aurais dû faire comme toi mais bon... c’est fait. Est-ce qu’ils t’ont expliqué pourquoi la pièce d’alu était fabriquée ainsi? Première génération ou pour un modèle autre que le Yeti?
Merci pour ton commentaire en passant.
De quelle région de la France par curiosité ?
JP

JayP 11-27-2017 09:19 AM

With all that being said, these folks at bigboyswithcooltoys still haven’t changed their price tag for the 1564 RRP unit...still 27.99$ (can)
Go for it if any one needs one:
https://www.bigboyswithcooltoys.ca/p...hub-hard-black

le varan 11-27-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayP (Post 5770499)
Salut
J’aurais dû faire comme toi mais bon... c’est fait. Est-ce qu’ils t’ont expliqué pourquoi la pièce d’alu était fabriquée ainsi? Première génération ou pour un modèle autre que le Yeti?
JP

le varan 11-27-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayP (Post 5770499)
Salut
JP

problem while preparing the kits !

JayP 11-27-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le varan (Post 5770548)
problem while preparing the kits !

Ok thx