Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Yeti
Loading

Notices

Thread: Slipper clutch problem

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2017, 01:16 AM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Damn Cold, Canada
Posts: 31
Default Slipper clutch problem

My RRP Gen3 stays loose despite tightening completely the locking nut. I tried cleaning the parts and I think the stock spring is the problem.
I am thinking about replacing the steel spring with the KD Heavy Duty Spring Kit.
Any thoughts?
Anyone has had problems with their Yeti with a slippery RRP?
Anyone used the Kershaw Design spring kit?
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2017, 09:01 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Deep in the Everglades
Posts: 4,657
Default Re: Slipper clutch problem

Do you have all the parts, I remember an aluminum spacer


Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 01:22 PM   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Damn Cold, Canada
Posts: 31
Default Re: Slipper clutch problem

As far as I know, all the parts have been installed. I am not missing any.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:51 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Orange County
Posts: 308
Default Re: Slipper clutch problem

https://youtu.be/54mMgDXIcf4
This may help.
Cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 07:19 PM   #5
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Damn Cold, Canada
Posts: 31
Default Re: Slipper clutch problem

I found the problem:
The center hole in the aluminum backplate is perfectly round instead of being shaped in order to lock in place around the shaft. What happens is that aluminum backplate spins around the shaft and so the unit slips between the aluminum plate and the ridged hub. I have no idea why my unit is made that way... I looked and searched the web and I only see pictures of aluminum backplates with an asymmetrical center hole that is made to prevent the plate from spinning.
So my plate is seriously worn on its back side and it explains why it was useless to adjust the unit so tight since it wasn’t slipping the right way...
Oh well, but I have to say I wasn’t so unlucky since I found a brand new unit bought online with a price error... Canadian dollars but the store inversed their price digits: i got it for 27.92$ instead of 72.92$!
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 01:54 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: france
Posts: 173
Default Re: Slipper clutch problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
I found the problem:
The center hole in the aluminum backplate is perfectly round instead of being shaped in order to lock in place around the shaft. What happens is that aluminum backplate spins around the shaft and so the unit slips between the aluminum plate and the ridged hub. I have no idea why my unit is made that way... I looked and searched the web and I only see pictures of aluminum backplates with an asymmetrical center hole that is made to prevent the plate from spinning.
So my plate is seriously worn on its back side and it explains why it was useless to adjust the unit so tight since it wasn’t slipping the right way...
Oh well, but I have to say I wasn’t so unlucky since I found a brand new unit bought online with a price error... Canadian dollars but the store inversed their price digits: i got it for 27.92$ instead of 72.92$!
I had the same problem . The parts in the package weren't correct. I wrote to Robinson with pics and they sent me the spares.
LV

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk
le varan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:13 AM   #7
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Gouda, The Netherlands
Posts: 81
Default Re: Slipper clutch problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by le varan View Post
I had the same problem . The parts in the package weren't correct. I wrote to Robinson with pics and they sent me the spares.
LV

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk


Wow, to France? Or French speaking Canada?


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Chris-NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:45 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: france
Posts: 173
Default Re: Slipper clutch problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-NL View Post
Wow, to France? Or French speaking Canada?


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Yes france

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk
le varan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:03 AM   #9
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Damn Cold, Canada
Posts: 31
Default Re: Slipper clutch problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by le varan View Post
I had the same problem . The parts in the package weren't correct. I wrote to Robinson with pics and they sent me the spares.
LV

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk
Salut
J’aurais dû faire comme toi mais bon... c’est fait. Est-ce qu’ils t’ont expliqué pourquoi la pièce d’alu était fabriquée ainsi? Première génération ou pour un modèle autre que le Yeti?
Merci pour ton commentaire en passant.
De quelle région de la France par curiosité ?
JP
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:19 AM   #10
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Damn Cold, Canada
Posts: 31
Default Re: Slipper clutch problem

With all that being said, these folks at bigboyswithcooltoys still haven’t changed their price tag for the 1564 RRP unit...still 27.99$ (can)
Go for it if any one needs one:
https://www.bigboyswithcooltoys.ca/p...hub-hard-black
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:36 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: france
Posts: 173
Default Re: Slipper clutch problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
Salut
J’aurais dû faire comme toi mais bon... c’est fait. Est-ce qu’ils t’ont expliqué pourquoi la pièce d’alu était fabriquée ainsi? Première génération ou pour un modèle autre que le Yeti?
Merci pour ton commentaire en passant.
De quelle région de la France par curiosité ?
JP
95

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk
le varan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 01:29 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: france
Posts: 173
Default Re: Slipper clutch problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
Salut
J’aurais dû faire comme toi mais bon... c’est fait. Est-ce qu’ils t’ont expliqué pourquoi la pièce d’alu était fabriquée ainsi? Première génération ou pour un modèle autre que le Yeti?
Merci pour ton commentaire en passant.
De quelle région de la France par curiosité ?
JP

problem while preparing the kits !
le varan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 01:48 PM   #13
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Damn Cold, Canada
Posts: 31
Default Re: Slipper clutch problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by le varan View Post
problem while preparing the kits !
Ok thx
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Slipper clutch problem - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya XV-01 - slipper clutch setup and clutch pads Dims Rally 4 08-20-2017 02:19 PM
Better slipper clutch slim jim Axial Wraith 6 08-08-2012 10:09 PM
SLIPPER CLUTCH ???s rc dreemer Axial SCX-10 4 03-25-2011 01:05 PM
slipper clutch = stall problem rooktakesqueen Team Losi Comp Crawler 7 06-06-2010 07:48 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com