Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Axial Yeti Reverse & Braking Calibration Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2017, 12:48 PM   #1

Default Axial Yeti Reverse & Braking Calibration Problem

Hello,

I have been searching for a solution to a problem I've been having with my RC. I have an Axial Yeti RTR. I'm having an issue with the braking and reverse, it does reverse but very slowly and when any load is applied it wont reverse at all (Example: on an incline or on a bed of rocks). I have a castle creations programming card and have set the braking power to 100% and the reverse to 100% applied several times, but nothing seems to give me more reverse or braking power. I have set a drag brake setting for 20% for now so that i can slow the thing down, but I would like some help as to what I can try or do to fix this issue? Is this a bad ESC or is the motor bad? I'm kind of new to building and upgrading but I am a fast learner, so maybe there's something simple that I need to do that someone with more experience might know. That's why I joined.

Much appreciated!
NitroChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2017, 11:49 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Axial Yeti Reverse & Braking Calibration Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroChance View Post
Hello,

I have been searching for a solution to a problem I've been having with my RC. I have an Axial Yeti RTR. I'm having an issue with the braking and reverse, it does reverse but very slowly and when any load is applied it wont reverse at all (Example: on an incline or on a bed of rocks). I have a castle creations programming card and have set the braking power to 100% and the reverse to 100% applied several times, but nothing seems to give me more reverse or braking power. I have set a drag brake setting for 20% for now so that i can slow the thing down, but I would like some help as to what I can try or do to fix this issue? Is this a bad ESC or is the motor bad? I'm kind of new to building and upgrading but I am a fast learner, so maybe there's something simple that I need to do that someone with more experience might know. That's why I joined.

Much appreciated!
I've not had any problems with the rtr motor/esc, but I would suggest you try running the castle software on your pc, reflashing the firmware, and setting it to the factory defaults, and go from there.

If the problem persists, your local hobby store may have a used motor you can try to see if it is the motor or the esc.
DavidH is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial Yeti Reverse & Braking Calibration Problem - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
axial yeti front cdv problem coldfire0101 Newbie General 2 09-20-2015 11:19 AM
Holmes BLE reverse problem in a yeti ? rcjunky3 Electronics 7 07-21-2015 11:44 AM
Throttle braking on reverse. Crawlerman77 Newbie General 1 04-17-2013 05:49 PM
newbie in crawling with a (braking?) problem.please help. kgf Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 05-07-2009 06:36 AM
sidewinder braking prob and reverse infamouse_1 Electronics 1 01-12-2009 03:01 AM