Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: yeti Jr esc/servo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2018, 07:11 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default yeti Jr esc/servo

Ok so I'm looking for some suggestions from someone that might have a better idea. I bought my son an yeti jr for Christmas, the stering servo went bad, no prob I was ready for that, saxox to the rescue. I already had it ordered. My problem is when I dismantled it I didn't realize it mounted into the back of the ESC, and they are really weak. needless to say they are cracked or totally striped out. I was able to get to function with some different screws, but I'm not happy with it. I've done some internet searching and all I can find is to replace/upgrade the esc, or I saw a servo mount that was 3d printed but I believe it is for a bigger size steering servo. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
ba450crf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2018, 07:49 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: yeti Jr esc/servo

The ESC will die soon and if it doesn’t then consider yourself lucky. But I would go ahead and replace it anyway or at least order a replacement. HobbyWing has a good one, the 1625, and it’s 3s capable. No settings and no drag brake, though. I put a slightly larger servo in mine as well as a cheap brushless. But be aware that due to close tolerances in the motor mount that swapping motors isn’t so easy. It the next size down in brushless has plenty of power but too many kV, IMO.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:31 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

So if you replace the esc with an aftermarket one does that leave you a way to mount a stock size savox servo? the bolts go through the bottom pan into esc and the servo mounts directly to that (if i remember correctly).
ba450crf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:54 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I replaced all the electronics in mine. I went with a slightly larger servo but mounted flat like the stock configuration. Then double sided taped the RSC to the top of the servo.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote

yeti Jr esc/servo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/5 servo on Yeti XL? Trazhcan Axial Yeti XL 21 07-05-2016 08:56 PM
PLEASE HELP!! with servo for my yeti OXford1 Electronics 5 03-09-2016 07:09 AM
Yeti servo ? Justin82 Axial Yeti 17 01-05-2015 11:30 PM
yeti servo 06taco Axial Yeti 4 09-28-2014 04:39 PM