Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Making the Yeti mine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2018, 05:25 PM   #1

Default Making the Yeti mine

So I have always wanted the Yeti, I have a few different RC’s from Axial I own the Exo.. so I pulled the trigger and got a bunch parts and this what I came up out with.

I will give a list of my parts if anyone would like.
A big difference is the choice of tires I made compared to most rock racers but is going to do a lot of pavement running.
Mostly Vanquish stuff.

Need to switch shocks out.. I see the prolines are popular.. any other suggestions.

The stock servo.. didn’t last long, plastic one lost some teeth.. Smh
How do you guys feel about the Spektrum S6270??
Attached Images

Last edited by THX_138; 07-29-2018 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Images re-sized....images grossly oversized
Jeanethics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2018, 05:43 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Making the Yeti mine

I apologize for being blunt..... but those tires don’t go with the concept of the vehicle
Cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:33 PM   #3

Default Making the Yeti mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
I apologize for being blunt..... but those tires don’t go with the concept of the vehicle

No apology needed I don’t take it personal everyone has an opinion and this hooby is for you to experiment with all the options available. I am not running it in the dirt or rocks, just pavement the “crawler tires” don’t hold very good in pavement. I have them there when I get to terrain that will benefit from it. NYC winters keep me from going to a park or rougher terrain.. so I run it on my street waiting for the summer.

Last edited by Jeanethics; 03-17-2018 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:24 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

A top- and nose-heavy truck like the yeti is not an ideal choice for high-traction surfaces, but in this case it may benefit from a front (Exo) sway bar. This will reduce the tendency of the yeti to lift the inside rear wheel in corners. It will still roll, but it will lift both tires, and suddenly. I tried this on my yeti, but then realized that there are better vehicles for the street and track.

The proline shocks typically sag under the weight of the yeti, as they come with rates intended for lighter SCTs.

The Spektrum S6270 looks underpowered for the nose-heavy yeti. I have a 1210SG and I would not want it less powerful (or slower).
DavidH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
A top- and nose-heavy truck like the yeti is not an ideal choice for high-traction surfaces, but in this case it may benefit from a front (Exo) sway bar. This will reduce the tendency of the yeti to lift the inside rear wheel in corners. It will still roll, but it will lift both tires, and suddenly. I tried this on my yeti, but then realized that there are better vehicles for the street and track.

The proline shocks typically sag under the weight of the yeti, as they come with rates intended for lighter SCTs.

The Spektrum S6270 looks underpowered for the nose-heavy yeti. I have a 1210SG and I would not want it less powerful (or slower).

I will try the exo sway bar I have one here lying around thanks for the advice on that. I was looking for information on that. Your right There is other vehicles that are far better for Street and track.. but I’ll be honest as it sits now I am having a blast with it (until I stripped the servo *)

Yeah I see that comment about the prolines a lot do you know if any other options ?

Oh ok cool I actually seen the 1210sg I guess I will give that a run and it’son sale like 10 bucks cheaper than the Spektrum.
Thanks for advice
Old 03-18-2018, 01:00 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanethics View Post
I will try the exo sway bar I have one here lying around thanks for the advice on that. I was looking for information on that. Your right There is other vehicles that are far better for Street and track.. but I’ll be honest as it sits now I am having a blast with it (until I stripped the servo *)

Yeah I see that comment about the prolines a lot do you know if any other options ?
Try the firmer axial springs, and dampen to taste.

Quote:
Oh ok cool I actually seen the 1210sg I guess I will give that a run and it’son sale like 10 bucks cheaper than the Spektrum.
Thanks for advice
Glad to help.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray View Post
At the risk of becoming unpopular, Im not sure why people feel the need to tell you that you are doing YOUR truck wrong....

I think your Yeti is pretty rad, and Im grateful you have shared it with us.

I have a yeti and i love driving it on pavement. I have super hard tyres that lower traction on high traction surfaces and make the truck slide more, it may be something to look into, as i found it made my yeti handle better and roll over less, while being drifty and fun!!

I also got the proline f150 shell which is really thick, and seems to handle riding on its roof just fine. I flip my yeti at 50kph all the time.

I love the personality of this truck, I tried to make it handle like a low slash, but realised i was missing the point. I went back to droopy and rolly and never looked back.

Thanks Stray, I appreciate the kind words. I really don't take it personal at all everyone has there opinions, I decide what to do with my money.. It's for me to play with not for it to be accepted.

I have looked into hard compounds, I honestly think that would be a cool option to have it slide out more. What tires did you get with the harder compounds?

Thanks for the f150 suggestion is on my list to buy next.

I have had pretty good luck with it the way its setup now.. no flipping at all. I can use the hard springs for sure. I also plan to use the exo sway bar as suggested.. Its pretty fast I was actually surprised..
Old 03-19-2018, 02:22 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanethics View Post
Thanks Stray, I appreciate the kind words. I really don't take it personal at all everyone has there opinions, I decide what to do with my money.. It's for me to play with not for it to be accepted.

I have looked into hard compounds, I honestly think that would be a cool option to have it slide out more. What tires did you get with the harder compounds?

Thanks for the f150 suggestion is on my list to buy next.

I have had pretty good luck with it the way its setup now.. no flipping at all. I can use the hard springs for sure. I also plan to use the exo sway bar as suggested.. Its pretty fast I was actually surprised..
I have proline 2.8 Road hawgs, I also think the proline primes would be good too

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:17 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I have proline 2.8 Road hawgs, I also think the proline primes would be good too

2.8 Super Swampers

Old 03-21-2018, 12:07 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Note that the proline 2.8 tire-wheel combos are typically available in two different offsets, so check to see which best suits your purposes.

Last edited by DavidH; 03-21-2018 at 12:15 PM. Reason: titpo
Old 03-21-2018, 06:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Note that the proline 2.8 tire-wheel combos are typically available in two different offsets, so check to see which best suits your purposes.

Thanks David..
Got that 1210SG wow is all I can say that thing is night and day difference, thinking of switching the servos on all my other rc’s....
Old 04-01-2018, 10:24 PM   #12

So I got the servo in..it works great.

I have a new dilemma .. My fellow RC Crawlers and that is I got a Mamba X and a new motor as well but the can is to long for the space provided. Is the only option cutting into the battery tray or is there another solution.
Any help is appreciated
Attached Images

Last edited by THX_138; 07-29-2018 at 05:52 AM.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:49 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

A shorter motor.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:34 PM   #14

Quote:
A shorter motor.

Lol I was afraid of that.. since I bought it together.. I guess hack up the tray or get another can..
Old 04-02-2018, 03:58 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Heaps of people just cut the battery tray, it depends on if you want to use the sensor... Id buy the stock part as a spare(incase you stuff it up, or can't actually make it work) , then hack up your current one and see if you can make it fit. I reckon that's all part of the fun.

Old 04-02-2018, 04:29 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Easy enough, just make sure it's 32p

Old 04-05-2018, 11:55 PM   #17

Got some 32p with the 3mm bore...
Old 04-07-2018, 01:17 AM   #18

Cleaned up some of the wires ran them all to the right side and put the NVS inside the Fuel Cell. Made all the wires detachable at the top of the battery cage, so I can completely take of the body with out opening the Fuel Cell.
Attached Images

Last edited by THX_138; 07-29-2018 at 05:54 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:30 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:

Proline primes are a waste of money, unless that’s the only option. I’ve ran both the road rage and primes on both 2wd and 4wd sct in the street. The primes seemed to have better traction but they didn’t last nearly as long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:05 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Hey - for a street/hardpack dirt tire, try a set of RC4WD Dune T/A 2.2" tires - they are a somewhat scale replica of what is actually used in some situations on 1:1 rigs like trophy trucks:

https://store.rc4wd.com/Dune-TA-22-O...res_p_719.html

durok is online now   Reply With Quote

Making the Yeti mine - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti xl making strange noise please help Yetixl2280 Newbie General 7 04-25-2016 02:33 PM
this one is mine jamesdicken Axial XR10 20 10-09-2010 06:52 PM
Mine mmbackpacker HPI Wheely King 3 03-06-2008 09:26 PM